Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #197
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurphycardesign View Post
what i mean by that is there are certain proportional aspects to the gen 5 camaro that (and im being picky) are not desirable traits in design.. for instance the amount of metal or meat in the front fender area from a side view is a little to thick, the front and rear end lost a lot of the plan view that the concep had in order to meet safety requirements..there are many little aspects to every car once it meets production that drives us designers crazy..and most are forgivable..........and remember.ive seen whats next for the camaro and it is very much improved, however...i bought the gen 5.. because in the end it still is a beautiful car EVEN compared to whats goin to be gen 6, and i love it! the reason i first said anything was to help calm the fires of everyone getting worried about something that in the end is a very good thing!
Very encouraging news...and very exciting!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #198
Tachometer
Body by Fisher

Drives: 1972 Buick Skylark 350 Sport Coupe
V8 or nothing......

Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
One thing is for sure, if the V8 goes I will be buying a 5th Gen and keeping it for summer pleasure driving, Maybe a Convertable. I do not like the sound of a turbo or supercharged 3.6 for the SS models. Unless there will be a V8 Z28. The is no repacement for displacement!!!!! Even though there are some very fast 4 and 6 cyl cars.
they just do not represent American muscle to me!!
You speak nothing but the truth!

Gotta Love It!

"FASTER than most, SLOWER than some"
Tachometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #199
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
The consumer wants the capability they have today. They want to go where they want, when they want to. They don't want to limit their range of mobility. They don't want to be stranded because there's no hydrogen refuelling station in the town they travelled to. They don't want to plan 4 hour stops on trips to recharge their electric car. They want to carry their gear without limitation. They want safety and reliability and, yes, some enthusiasts want to go fast. Until we solve these problems with alternative energy sources (and we will) the internal combustion engine is the most economical, flexible, and viable solution available for the mass market. We will continue to improve it. Less emissions and more fuel economy, because that's what's expected of us and what consumers demand. To not do this would be irresponsible...not to mention bad for business.

Sorry mods for jacking this thread. Somehow the Zeta to Alpha rumor thread turned into a CAFE thread and "don't take away my V8". I felt compelled to respond.
Thank you. Until the consumer WANTS to change, and the consumer forces the technology to evolve, things will stay the same. Why? Because someone can make money. The gas/oil industries have a limited shelf life and they know it. They are going to gouge you for every penny they can get and it is going to get worse in the coming decades. R&D into alternatives will be restrained as long as there is money to be made now. The consumers should have been smart enough to see this years ago, but there is no excuse for not seeing it now. Fuel economy is only a small step in the right direction, not a solution. I don't even want to open Pandora's Box and talk about, "business". That usually entails talk about putting money in someone's pocket over doing what is right for the masses.

The Camaro is an awesome car without lifting the hood.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #200
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
A high-volume 40 MPG car won't increase GM's CAFE average?

It's unbelievable how wrong YOU are.
I'd love to revisit the topic in 50 years and see what your opinion is...
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #201
mike12345
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT
The 6 cylender will have a supercharger and can have as much if not more HP than the current V8's.

Most people arent adding superchargers or turbos to the V8 they are keeping the engine stock.

The V6 is lighter, more HP to weight, better all around.

ETA: all of you saying dont take my V8... how meny of you V8 5th gen owners plan on buying a new car in three years anyway? If you dont own a 5th gen, how meny plan on buying the alpha?

Last edited by mike12345; 02-07-2010 at 05:18 AM.
mike12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #202
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
I disagree that the V6 is better all around. It does not weight that much less than a V8.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #203
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Just keep it a V8 and let Tesla Motors sell it. CAFE won't be an issue.

CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #204
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by revron View Post
Don't forget, GM may have there hands tied. The government will be telling, and expecting higher mileage from all cars sold in this country by then. That means smaller, lighter cars and engine designs.
I don,t think we should be blaming GM for this. Besides,
your over reacting to this article, its 5 years away.
Hi Ron,
I agree !
Nobody knows what GM will be like in 5 years....
But we can buy a Z28 w/over 500HP & most likely a supercharger!..Within the next two years! ....IMHO
Which I will do.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #205
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
As I posted way back i this thread, this is fun. Watching everyone get all wound up becaues a NON GM source made some comments he believes is the future of one of GMs products.

You will have to shift your thinking some day. V8 can be pretty meaningless, but I know most of you are looking at it as the only way to make real HP. The 2.0L DI Turbo in my Sky would wake some of you up. With the GMPP upgrade, it's a sub 5 second car.

But what if you had a V6 in a Lighter car that made LS3 power? Would you care then? Would you turn your collective noses up at a car that could put todays SS in the weeds so to speak?

Just curious, because for me it's about performance, not the number of cylinders.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your love of the V8, I share it. And you are right, there will be a place for a V8 for a lonnggggggg time simply for trucks and vehicles that customers demand.

But as this guy is guessing, and this thread is conjecturing on his guess, then no one should get too worked up about what may or may not be even remotely close to accurate statements by an industry prognosticator.

Enjoy the 5th gen. It's here, you can drive it and you can get a V8.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #206
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
As I posted way back i this thread, this is fun. Watching everyone get all wound up becaues a NON GM source made some comments he believes is the future of one of GMs products.

You will have to shift your thinking some day. V8 can be pretty meaningless, but I know most of you are looking at it as the only way to make real HP. The 2.0L DI Turbo in my Sky would wake some of you up. With the GMPP upgrade, it's a sub 5 second car.

But what if you had a V6 in a Lighter car that made LS3 power? Would you care then? Would you turn your collective noses up at a car that could put todays SS in the weeds so to speak?

Just curious, because for me it's about performance, not the number of cylinders.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your love of the V8, I share it. And you are right, there will be a place for a V8 for a lonnggggggg time simply for trucks and vehicles that customers demand.

But as this guy is guessing, and this thread is conjecturing on his guess, then no one should get too worked up about what may or may not be even remotely close to accurate statements by an industry prognosticator.

Enjoy the 5th gen. It's here, you can drive it and you can get a V8.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #207
Autobo+

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Ok Ok, if all goes bad and GM doesn't offer a V8 Camaro in the future, we still have the Corvette option. Right. Just do away with the Camaro badge and call it something else if its not going to have a V8, please. I'd be happier if the Camaro goes into hiatus for another 8 years until they can bring back the V8. In other words, don't disgrace the Camaro name.
Autobo+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #208
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
Hmm, now there's an idea... But then it'd have to be at least a hybrid for Tesla to take an interest.
They're more about making money than some green urge to change the world. Plus if it makes them feel better, let them put the battery in it.

CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #209
mikevrod
Twisted Brothers MC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT/RS
I say build an all wheel drive, 450hp twin turbo v6 and I will drive it year round here in Chicago. Deck it out with all the electronic stuff and kick the high end imports ass. This would be a optioned car leaving the V8's available. They'll have the platform and the wheelbase for the CTS is within an inch of the current Gen 5.
Blizzaks optional!
mikevrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #210
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
I think you are all getting ahead of yourselves. We haven't even finish the first model year of the 5th gen and you're already bitching about the 6th gen. lol First CAFE is an issue. GM needs to up it's game big time with fuel efficiency but so does everyone else. So if GM couldn't find a way to work a V8 into the next Camaro Ford and Dodge and everyone else will have just as much a problem. There will be a V8 if they make a 6th Gen. It will probably have a gas guzzler tax and it will probably be the top trim and cost a lot. The reality is a Camaro without a V8 option just isn't a Camaro. Fbodfather knows that. He hs helped to bring us the car we know and love today and if a car in the future is to wear the Camaro name He will make sure that car deserves that name. These are rumors. Most rumors have a shred of truth to them. So it could be that the base engine is a twin turbo v6 putting out insane power, and a ridiculous (powered) V8 option who knows? The next Corvette is rumored to have a 700hp ZO6 and a 900hp ZR1 do you honestly think they would neuter the Camaro?

True however one thing that I think is being over looked here is that Z28's and Trans Ams were always considered the poor man's Corvette. If you can't afford a Corvette you buy a Z or Trans Am. My point is this, PRICE. If a nice V8 Camaro starts costing as much as a base Corvette GM would be competeing with themselves in a limited market.

The drive away price on a loaded 2SS right now is as much as a very nice one or 2 year old Corvette. I think they are as high as they can go. They only can increase from here along with Corvette increases. The spread can't tighten or more people will just buy Corvettes.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote