Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #197
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
I hate to say thank you for this, Its unfortunate for you, I did however learn a sh!t ton of information, and completely understand how you must have felt. While I have my opinion now, I would have been in your shoes for not researching the warranty card or owners manual.
Agreed, this thread has given me much needed info. I'm glad I followed this.

Good luck with the outcome OP
Old 01-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #198
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
If you look on youtube, you should be able to find the announcement from the last camarofest. I also believe there is a link to it hidden somewhere in this thread.

The way I remember the announcement, the warranty coverage for the Z28, ZL1 and 1LE are the same for track use.
Its frustrating, when I google search "track warranty coverage/z28/1le/zl1" or any possible combination of that, to include other wording, I can't get to anything but the links I posted, not one thing can I find on GM's website about it.

I even went so far as to call my local chevy dealer to see if he could email me the card, I told them why I was calling and got voice mail....I don't think they were dodging me, but man I've been striking out all day.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #199
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I think the best way to deal with this is if you track your car, keep it to yourself. Do not announce to the dealer that you do so, and when you do in, make the car look as much as possible like a daily driver. In my opinion, the dealer will then evaluate the problem form that standpoint. Any amount of pride you felt explaining to the dealer how good your lap time was will surely be lost when it affects his evaluation of your car. If abuse is involved, then you are still potentially out of luck.
about as well said as it could ever be!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #200
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I think the best way to deal with this is if you track your car, keep it to yourself. Do not announce to the dealer that you do so, and when you do in, make the car look as much as possible like a daily driver. In my opinion, the dealer will then evaluate the problem form that standpoint. Any amount of pride you felt explaining to the dealer how good your lap time was will surely be lost when it affects his evaluation of your car. If abuse is involved, then you are still potentially out of luck.

Last edited by gajagfan; 01-15-2015 at 03:29 PM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #201
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
[QUOTE=1KillerSS;8171995]I hate to say thank you for this, Its unfortunate for you, I did however learn a sh!t ton of information, and completely understand how you must have felt. While I have my opinion now, I would have been in your shoes for not researching the warranty card or owners manual.[/QUOTE

Wanna say thanks also for this thread i guess we should not post nothing about if we took our car to the track kinda blows but oo well]
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #202
ForcFed93

Drives: 2001 2500HD
Quote:
I think that the best approach to not broadcast to folks (dealer especially) if you track your car. Also, make your car look as daily driver as possible if you bring it in. Any amount of pride you feel bragging about your lap times or experiences at the track will surely be lost when it affects the dealers opinion when evaluating your warranty situation. Abuse will still be a problem, but taking track use off the table seems to be the best approach to take.
For sure. When I took mine in for service a few months ago the adviser asked point blank if I ever track it (in the "this car is so sweet it's made for the track" kind of way). Yeah, sorry dude, but even if I did track it, I would never tell you.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:33 PM   #203
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
post #422 from thead link above

Clutch is good, actuating (hydraulic) system is not! Cornerspeed, I know you were going to upgrade the the master and slave, do you think they will warranty the labor on this issue and install your items?
No they aren't charging me for the up grades i bought. He said they had to take her apart anyway. My service manager is the one that told me about the 1LE, i saw the pic on the brochure feel madly in love and had ordered her less then a week later. Despite what some have said, yes the car should be warranted(not wearable items)and is. The service manager even reminded the field engineer"this is marketed as a track car"
Old 01-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #204
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
For those of you who are going to hide the "track" information for the service manager, I hope you have 2 sets of tires. I could tell in one second if the car has been on a track by the tires alone. I am sure they are "taught" to check this first thing.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #205
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Cornerspeed, it is great to see that YOUR dealer is taking care of you!
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #206
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
For those of you who are going to hide the "track" information for the service manager, I hope you have 2 sets of tires. I could tell in one second if the car has been on a track by the tires alone. I am sure they are "taught" to check this first thing.
Just asking, but how are you going to tell the difference between a car that has been to the track and a car with 24K miles on it? I am not trying to be a smart ass, but a worn out tire is a worn out tire. I can see this being a possibility on a car with very low miles, but I do not think it applies to a car that is near the end of its original set of tires or on subsequent sets.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #207
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Just asking, but how are you going to tell the difference between a car that has been to the track and a car with 24K miles on it? I am not trying to be a smart ass, but a worn out tire is a worn out tire. I can see this being a possibility on a car with very low miles, but I do not think it applies to a car that is near the end of its original set of tires or on subsequent sets.
Even if your wheels are spotless aka rubber free. Any car that has been driven on a track has tire wear that is not something you would get from driving on a road or even extremely spirited driving. It's easy to spot even thousands of miles of street driving after a track day. If you know what to look for its easy to spot.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #208
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Agreed
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #209
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Can you please comment on the Z28 warranty if possible please?

I'm trying to put 2+2 together here.

Actually, the Tremec on your 1LE is quite robust. I'd be hard-pressed if it were it at at fault in your case. The irony is, that if it turned out to be your transmission after all , a fault in the clutch system may have caused this chain reaction.

Of course, only speculation for now, let's see what your dealer says.
It's nearly identical to the ZL1 warranty, as described in my post you quoted.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #210
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMUCL View Post
Well, since you obviously know everything, I guess this thread should be locked.
Sensing your sarcasm, I'm not sure why you're barking at me. What I said is 100% accurate. Part of my job was to weed out warranty claims that were non-defect. I'm not saying that I agree with the moral or principle of it, I'm just telling it like it is.

Are the disclaimers not in your owners manual? They are, and when the dealer knows that the car has been used in competition or abused by their own definition, they will find a way to deny the warranty. There's a lot of money at stake if they don't. Same goes for mods.

You can cry "Magnuson-Moss Act" all day long; if you do, bring a very good, very expensive lawyer with you. GM corporate has many. Even if they lose, you'll spend more in litigation than you would for paying for the repairs yourself.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I left the dealership career behind because every aspect of it is crooked. I do, however, like to supply what I know to other car guys that could use it.