Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

View Poll Results: Where should we hold a Norther Tier Camaro Meet?
I'd come to Interstate Dragways (Moorhead, MN) on June 5th 4 66.67%
I'd come to Devil's Run event (Devil's Lake, ND) June 4,5,6 1 16.67%
I have another suggestion...see my post. 0 0%
Sorry, I'm not interested or can't attend anything. 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Minnesota / North Dakota Camaro Meet - June 5th?

Hello all,

With all the excitement of the Camaro5 Fest (C5F) going on down in Georgia (and me not able to attend), I got a little jealous and thought it would be nice to try to coordinate some type of Camaro Meet for us folks stuck up here in the great white North. This would of course be after the "Spring Thaw" and of course be an open invitation to ANYONE who wants to attend. So, I'd like to try to gauge your interest in something like this and solicit your ideas for suggestions. So far we have a couple good locations that need a vote, or you can tell us your own ideas. Here's what we have so far:

(1) Interstate Dragways, just South of Moorhead, MN, is having a Car Show and "Fun Run" on June 5th, 2010. I went to the same kind of event out there last Summer and it was pretty nice.....small event, but nice. The Car Show runs from 9am - 1pm, and the 1/4 mile unlimited "Fun Run" is from 1pm - 5pm. The cost is $20 to participate in just the Car Show, and an additional $30 if you wish to race on the track. Not sure what it would cost just to come out as a spectator, I'll check on that. Here's a link to the their website with lots of good pictures and links: http://www.interstatedragways.net/

(2) The second choice (so far) is on that same weekend. Devils Lake, ND is hosting their annual "Devils Run" Car Show. I've never been to one of these, but it appears to be a 3-day (June 4, 5, 6) event with lots of daily activities going on, including a "Camaro Rally" and SCCA Autocross Run. From reading about last years, I guess it's a pretty big event, that even had coverage on the TV show "My Classic Car". Looks like if we do a group purchase on the pre-registration, the cost would be $30 per car. Check out the link below to see the schedule of events with plenty of pictures and links:
http://www.greaterdakotaclassics.com...evils_run.html

Obviously, there are pros and cons to each location, which is why I want to put it to a vote before we try to make any official announcements. The drag strip has the huge bonus of a 1/4 drag strip to run on, and I think it would be much easier to get us all together on one day, at one place, at one time, rather than at a 3-day event that basically encompasses the whole city (from the sounds of it). However, the Devil's Run event is a pretty big event with lots of activities to participate in, and attracts car enthusiasts from across the country. Both places seem to be pretty good options, so it's a very tough decision, which is why I'd appreciate your opinion on this. So please place a vote, or let us know your other suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by blazzin1; 01-28-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Lack of interest!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
blazzin1

Well, due to the apparent lack of interest, I changed the title of this thread, and gave it a little bump to see if anyone else responds. I have this posted in the "Rockie Mountain" region as well for North Dakota (Not sure how ND is part of the Rockies, but oh well), and after a few weeks only 5 people voted for Moorhead, MN, and I think it was 3 that voted for Devil's Lake. Come on folks, there's gotta be more Camaro's up here than that!!!! Let's get something together worth going to!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Dack

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Dack
I'd head to Moorhead if there was some kind of gathering there...
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
I'd head to Moorhead if there was some kind of gathering there...
Thanks Dack, that's exactly what we're trying to do here is get a gathering together. Keep an eye on this thread, and hopefully if we get enough interest, we can get together. Stay tuned...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Dack

Bump for advertisement?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
blazzin1

Yep, we're not getting a whole lot of interest here! I have this posted in two different sections to account for MN (Great Lakes) and ND (Rockies/Midwest). As of today, a total of 380 people have viewed either thread, but only 11 have responded!!!! Not much interest so far. Maybe it is just too early to try to plan something like this. I was going to bring it up again in a month or so. But, so far, it looks like a majority of the votes (out of the 11) are leaning towards the Moorhead, MN meet-n-greet on Saturday June 5th. Sounds good to me!!!! Any other suggestions to get some more interest or participants????
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
Dack

No Idea. Just keep replying to see if it gets enough hits to get enough interest?
Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
blazzin1

Well, I've got bad news....
I just got word that Interstate Dragways is closed until further notice!!!! Something about a conflict between the management and the land owners. That doesn't mean that someone else won't step in and take-over and fill the same shoes, but at this point, it is an unknown situation. I'll let ya'll know if I hear of any new management changes or schedules at the drag strip, but for now, it looks like I'll be going to Devil's Lake on June 5th. Sorry to be a downer....
Old 05-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
blazzin1

Hey Folks,

I finally got the Fargo/Moorhead Camaro Meet-N-Greet planned out!!!!! It will be on June 12th, starting at 10am. Please check out the link below. I will try to personally contact (PM Message) as many ND and MN folks as I can find on the forum here. But it is going to take some time, and I could use your help. Check out the link below and spread the word to whoever may be interested in coming!!!! Thanks.

Keith (blazzin1)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83187