Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #29
0331Marine

Drives: 2012 SS/RS MN6
Looks like pretty good fitment. Any install issues?
0331Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #30
Jim J

Drives: 2010 ss inferno orange camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
Ok guys installed Legato exhaust. Wasn't to hard just a few key notes. Reciprocating Saw is kinda long to get up under car when it's on jack stands. Kinda gotta go at it at different angles to cut it. My cuts were 7 inchs form rear hanger instead of 9 and a half they say.Once cut, file edges and use emery cloth to clean up edges and for smoother fit. Also i used pliers to bend the edges of the exhaust that i cut just enough to reform and fit the aftermarket exhaust. The hanger keepers are a pain to get on. I used a 5/8 socket to help push them on,it's the same diameter as the hanger keepers. Test drive time. Definitely a difference in sound from factory. Some drone at 2500 rpm or so but not to bad. I can't compare it to other exhaust on Camaros cause i haven't heard many others except online. LOVE the sound the V8's make with a aftermarket exhaust! Overall i'm happy with this purchase, had them on only 1 day so will see in a month or so how they hold up. Working on more pic and videos so stay tuned. No other mods on car by the way.
I think the biggest pain in the butt was the hanger keepers
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #31
The orange one

Drives: 2010 ss camaro Iom ls3 m6
Well I was looking for an exhaust for a long time and I saw this Legato axle back system for a great price.So I decided to go with this system.It took about 6 days to get delivered to my house.I installed it this morning and it took me about an hour or so.I cut the pipes at about 6 inches from the hangers not the 9 that the directions say.The tailpipes just stick out about 3/4 of an inch over the stock location that looks perfect.Took it out for a drive and the sound is great,deeper and louder than the stock exhaust.I am very happy with this system.The black mufflers look nice under the car compared to the heavy stock mufflers. I think this Legato exhaust is the best bang for the buck out there
The orange one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #32
Jim J

Quote:
Originally Posted by The orange one View Post
Well I was looking for an exhaust for a long time and I saw this Legato axle back system for a great price.So I decided to go with this system.It took about 6 days to get delivered to my house.I installed it this morning and it took me about an hour or so.I cut the pipes at about 6 inches from the hangers not the 9 that the directions say.The tailpipes just stick out about 3/4 of an inch over the stock location that looks perfect.Took it out for a drive and the sound is great,deeper and louder than the stock exhaust.I am very happy with this system.The black mufflers look nice under the car compared to the heavy stock mufflers. I think this Legato exhaust is the best bang for the buck out there
How's inside the car for you when your in 6 gear at 55/60mph?
Old 04-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #33
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Quote:
Jim...are you having noise issues at that speed? Or is the AFM making weird sounds at that speed?

Joe.
GodWentPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #34
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWentPunk View Post
Awesome news.... I can't wait to see some pics....

I was, as Maxwell Smart used to say "It was THIS close" to getting these until I saw that the tips were squared off. My car has an GFX kit and because of that, the stock tips are angled left to right...so that it has a good fitment. I have concerns with these tips not aligning or looking out of place. If I go this route, I will cut the tips off my stock muffler and put them on these new ones... but I'm not sure if they are the same size.

Please post pics when you can..

Lastly, I'm a little concerned about your "drone" experience.. I know it might be "little" but they claim to have "none".. so, if they do drone a little then it opens the door to others that have some drone because it's no longer an issue of "little drone" vs "no drone"

Thanks for the update!

joe...
Maxwell Smart........haha......"would you believe" I love that show. Agent 99 was just as sexy as Ginger......yep true story .
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:51 PM   #35
Jim J

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWentPunk View Post
Jim...are you having noise issues at that speed? Or is the AFM making weird sounds at that speed?

Joe.
No. This is my 1st "go fast" car in many years. With the aftermarket exhaust on it just adds more noise to the cabin area then stock. It's not a deal breaker.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #36
The orange one

Drives: 2010 ss camaro Iom ls3 m6
Quote:
Sorry but did not get into 6th gear yet. I need to get on the highway lol
Sure does sound good at idle and low speeds
The orange one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #37
GodWentPunk

Quote:
No. This is my 1st "go fast" car in many years. With the aftermarket exhaust on it just adds more noise to the cabin area then stock. It's not a deal breaker.
By noise, do your mean "rumble"... that would be OK ...

joe...
Old 05-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #38
GodWentPunk

I was wondering what you experience is with the car at cruising speed. I've heard people complain about the sound that aftermarket muffler make when the AFM kicks in. The stock is so quiet, you can tell.. but with a louder system, I guess it becomes more noticeable... Any comments regarding this.

thanks!

joe...
Old 05-14-2016, 06:05 PM   #39
GodWentPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentmetal View Post

We don't recommend our kits for GFX since its simply a square hole with a round peg - but that is up to you.
My GFX is the commemorative edition style..