Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #1
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
6th Gen early sales

6th Gen not all that in sales ...yet ? Still early but I would have thought the first month sales would blast off. Could it be 5th genners not feeling it enough? Count me in that category. Maybe the 50th anniversary model will do it but don't think so as the recently released '17 1LE is no different in style as the '16
http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-m...2015-title-44k
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
the 6th gen is a nice car, but it just lost it's vintage look. now you could slap a nissan badge on it and not know the difference... before it was an obvious chevy product.

and like I saw awhile go... Chevy will never catch the Mustang volumes again. Being late to market is usually a killer.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I dont know how much production has ramped up on the 6th gen yet, I have only seen our local dealer have a few of them on the lot since they went on sale.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #4
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Like I said in another thread. There was a lot of pent up demand for the 5th Gen Camaro due to the lack of Camaro production for 8 years. It has taken several years for that demand to work it's way through the sales system. I did not buy my first 5th gen until 2014. I believe that pent up demand is now gone for the most part and it will take repeat buyers and NEW younger buyers to keep this model in the line up. I love the Gen 6 power plant and drivetrain as well as a few of the other upgrades, but for me it all starts with the looks. I don't care how fast it is or nice the seats are. If the looks don't wow me it's a deal breaker. On the Gen 6 I like the front end, can live with the rear, but feel the side view looks like any car I would see anywhere on any day. Nothing special at all. That's why I went out and snapped up a new 2015 2SS/RS before they were all gone. I will watch the Gen 6 evolve and think about trading up into one of them in a few years if they excite me then. Otherwise at 59 years old this could easily be my last sports car. Future generations may have to carry on the tradition. GM has built some very fast sales failures. GTO re-release ect. Time will tell.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:41 AM   #5
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
im pretty sure is due to multiple facts one of them is the 5 gen was such a sucess people are a bit afraid to go to the next camaro and be disapointed, other one is the fact that the 5 gen was the big comeback of the missing leyend creating a MASSIVE global campain, most of peole dont have clue a new camaro was release, or they are confuse between the new one or the old one, same issue that happened with the Nintentdo Wii and the Wii U ... the final one may the price for the V8 SS, some people wanted a base trim V8, but GM filled the V8 with "stuff" cranking the prices up alot and upsetting some people...

The 6 gen need to be seen in person and to be fully apreciated because is such an Awesome machine you feel in love as soon as you sit inside. I personally wish I could get any kind of credit here in the states so I could run right now to a Chevy dealer and get a blue 1SS right now, but as an International student with no SSN I dont have Credit (in the states) so banks here dont give any credit at all... not even for a tire Lol
Old 02-16-2016, 12:58 AM   #6
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
the 6th gen is a nice car, but it just lost it's vintage look. now you could slap a nissan badge on it and not know the difference... before it was an obvious chevy product.

and like I saw awhile go... Chevy will never catch the Mustang volumes again. Being late to market is usually a killer.
Yeah, I don't see how you can confuse the 6th gen for a Nissan.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:09 AM   #7
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I dont know how much production has ramped up on the 6th gen yet, I have only seen our local dealer have a few of them on the lot since they went on sale.
+1

We just literally got our first two 6th gens here locally like 2-3 weeks ago... Just got 3 more last week that showed up... This is at 3 dealers without about a 45 minute radius of me... They're just now hitting the west coast "low volume" dealers. Hell, both dealers currently have close to 20 2015 cars left sitting on the lot. I don't know how many the third has, but last I checked they still hadn't received even one 6th gen yet.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:10 AM   #8
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I walked right past a 6th gen at my dealer wasn't impressed. Hopefully they redesign that rear a bit in the next 3 years.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:07 AM   #9
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I still have not seen a single one on the road.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:33 AM   #10
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, I don't see how you can confuse the 6th gen for a Nissan.
Doesn't look like any Nissan I've seen.looks like a modern Camaro to me.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:49 AM   #11
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
I still have not seen a single one on the road.
I was just going to say the same thing... Maybe it's Jacksonville lol.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:29 AM   #12
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I was just going to say the same thing... Maybe it's Jacksonville lol.
I actually thought I might have seen one (a bright blue with two white stripes) heading west out of J'ville Saturday on I-10, but that is the only one, and I am not 100% on that!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #13
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Mine's in for service, minor warranty item, and will be picking it up today. I hope to check out a 6th gen up close in some detail. Apparently they just got their first couple in. They weren't in much of a hurry, Winter and all, but now that things are warming up, they're prepared.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #14
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
Funny I passed thru Jacksonville on the way to Disney 3 weeks ago. Saw 3 gen 6 in the half a day spent there. In downtown Atlanta I see them daily. But I see many more mustangs maybe because it's cheaper?

As a GM fan I do hope they sell well thought would hate for the camaro to take another decade long hiatus. I have yet to drive one but have sat in a couple while at the dealer for my free LOF. I'm sure it's a good stock performer as a really good buddy of mine has a c7 stingray and that's an impressive car. I wonder if the C7 steals any gen 6 2SS buyers as they are so close in price but the vette is a better value in a car with a useless backseat. I read another post about how the camaro couldn't stand to lose ANY useable space and I agree. The 5th gen was the smallest muscle car for me with 2 Lil girls/carseats. It still retains some practicality.

Im thinking that mostly enthusiasts are excited about the car but many people can't really tell the difference. It really looks like a7/8 scale 5th gen. Not original enough at first glance to say casual buyers like the s550 looks drastically different than the s197. Performance doesn't sell cars like looks and price does. As quick as the gen6 is stock most ppl I talk to don't care for the looks and I think that's more important than tech or 1/4 mile times when it comes to sales. I believe sales will pick up once the prices come down a Lil or they refresh it to differentiate it from the 5th gen more.

All that said I do hope it is a success. I would love to one day own a gen6 ZL1 to keep my SS company lol. I had 1 ride in a LT4 Z06, what a monster of a car!
Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote