Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-02-2015, 12:35 AM   #1
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Angry Shop has my car for SIX WEEKS NOW

Okay... so I purchased this bumper here...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398519

and I regret it already, nothing wrong with Rideskinz, customer service has been great. The bumper has it's flaws... it's not perfect, but for what we paid for it... you really can't complain.

So that being said... I took my car to a custom body shop to have work done to it. Guy takes a look at it, and is questioning the quality of it right away, and says he can make it happen.

$500 deposit and 2 weeks later (not kidding, it was TWO WEEKS LATER) that I get a call from him and he says... "Hey man... this thing isn't all that great, it has lots of flaws and we're not sure if this will work."

So after Rideskinz and him play phone tag (Rideskinz referred me to this guy) they finally get in contact with each other and figure out how to make this bumper fit correctly.

So naturally I play it cool... 1 week goes by and I really don't hear much, they pretty much haven't got to my car yet and say that they're busy on other projects.

About 3 weeks into this I get a call saying, hey man.. I don't think we can do this, it's simply not going to work and you have two options, take the hit $500 deposit that we won't return, or contact Rideskinz and have them ship you out a new bumper at their expense. (Oh and we'll charge extra for labor too)

I declined and said whatever.. I'll take the $500 hit and just give me my car and bumper back. A day later he calls and says, "You know what? We refuse to give up on this thing, we're positive we can make it work."

Okay cool, let's do this... I'm already $500 in, might as well try again.

Guess what? They still haven't touched my car, so week 4 goes by and they call and say "Yep.. just needs to finished being prepped, and painted and you're golden! We'll have your car out by Tuesday, the 19th! Make sure you can come pick it up."

So I call to set up the appointment and let them know I'll take a day off of work to do it.

Nope... get a call from the owner who says "No man I'm sorry, it'll be ready Friday at best. Late in the evening Friday, we've been slammed busy and we can't get it done. I'm not sure who told you it will be done Tuesday, but it definitely wont be."

Okay... here we go again, fine... Friday is a good day anyways. So I actually called twice that Thursday to see what they said. I got a response from the receptionist and she said "Uhm... if Bob told you tomorrow, then it's tomorrow!"

So guess what, I call Friday and Bob (the owner) says "yeah man I'm not sure who told you Friday... because this thing isn't done. We're looking at Tuesday, maybe Wednesday at best because of the Memorial Day holiday and we'll be closed."

SAME ****ING THING BOTH ****ING DAYS! So another week goes by and the owner himself promises me TODAY is the ****ing day.

Guess what? The owner was pissed off that I sent him a recorded voicemail of HIS own voice looking stupid because he told me Friday, then said he doesn't remember saying that.

He literally sent me a voicemail saying this (and he sounded pissed, I'm assuming he figures I could use this for legal purposes if I wanted to go that route)

"Hello, this is Bob Hanes at Custom Coach Works calling. I understand you sent a recording of my message up here, so therefor I will not be leaving a message of anything substantial. I'm here at the shop, you can call me. BYE!"

So I call the dude ready to rip his head off, and he tells me "Look man, I'm sorry. We just got a $30,000 project set for this week and I've had all my guys working nonstop on this car, it's a lot of money.. and I know it's shitty of me to do that but hey... it is what it is. I'll have your car out this week. You have my word."

So... he says he'll do me a FAVOR and only charge an additional $500 for everything.

So really guys... what should I do? I'm not installing a fkin twin turbo set up here. It's a FRONT FASCIA THAT PEOPLE HERE HAVE DONE IN ONE WEEKEND UPON RECEIVING IT!!!

Should I take this up with the Better Business Bureau ? Legal action? Someone please help me here.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:37 AM   #2
Dmpsix

This is literally all they've done to the car so far... fitted it.

Supposedly it's painted now!

Dropped my car off on 4/26/15
Old 06-02-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
Dmpsix

I think what really pisses me off is the dude pushes my car away again... Okay, I understand you have a lot of money coming into your shop with someone ready to spend $30,000...

But is this how a customer should be treated though who has been waiting 5 weeks for a front bumper?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:43 AM   #4
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Wow. I wouldnt trust this shop. Take it back and go to small claims court'. find new shop or take the 500 hit.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:58 AM   #5
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I'd go get the car as is and file a claim in court for loss of use and the $500. After all...the owner made assertions and promises...

It takes my guy 2 hours to prep, prime, mix and shoot a bumper...and another 5 hours compounding, waxing and detailing the entire car.

6 weeks is absolutely insane for a front bumper R&R and paint. But as usual...fill in low buck work ALWAYS gets bumped back to the end of the s&^t line.

Instead of paying one or two of his guys overtime to satisfy you and get the job done...he's f*&*ing you over 10 ways to Sunday and you're letting him.

I would file the paperwork with the court for $2000 damages (can always negotiate less) and pay the $50 to $100 filing fee...hell...it will make you feel better going there serving a subpoena to him AFTER getting your car and parts. You don't have to follow through...but the satisfaction of one upping the f*!ktard is solace enough.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:31 AM   #6
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
His reaction to you sending him a copy of the voicemail speaks volumes. This isn't his first rodeo.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:58 AM   #7
ChevyboiUSA

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SS/RS
Funny but not

What would be funny is as soon as you drove off the lot the bumper falls off. Before the ZL1 came out I ordered the front bumper and had chevy put it on within 3 to 4 days still bringing last min parts.
ChevyboiUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:12 AM   #8
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
back when i had my audio shop the quick in and outs would bump the long standing projects. usually you can make more off of many short ones in the long run than long projects.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 AM   #9
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
I am only surprised you found any shop willing to do such a small job.

There are not many who will, and it certainly would never be a priority.

As far as the owner telling stories, you need to learn to expect that with all
service providers/contractors. Expect the worst and life will be a lot less stressful.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I would stop by and tell him you are picking your car up on this Friday. Being put off is one thing but nearly two months is ridiculous. If it's done pay the remaining balance with a credit card, get the keys and go over it outside in front of the office with a fine tooth comb. Look it over closely if it's finished, I'm sure you will find a defect if you look hard enough. Don't let him or his workers touch the car. Take a bunch of pictures in Macro Mode. If he says anything tell him "It Is What It Is" and you will dispute the charge with your credit card company and report him to the BBB.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #11
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Start stopping into the shop everyday. Not just calling. This is what I had to do with the dealer that was replacing my LLT motor via warranty. They kept giving me finished dates for the first 2 weeks, I got tired of that so everyday on my way to work and on my way home I stopped in and asked to see what they had done that day and the hours charged to the project. Hell I wasnt even paying for the labor but i still made sure they weren't milking GM for it.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #12
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I would like to see what the rideskinz has to say and why they recommended a lazy craptastic shop that has obviously has faulty business practices. I believe rideskinz is on the forum so let's hear some reasoning.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #13
Dmpsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I would like to see what the rideskinz has to say and why they recommended a lazy craptastic shop that has obviously has faulty business practices. I believe rideskinz is on the forum so let's hear some reasoning.
Rideskinz pointed them out because they were a custom shop, they've never done business before. Rideskinz just so happen to throw random suggestions out there for me.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #14
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
I hate to hear this horror story for you. You are familiar with my struggle with this bumper as well. This isn't this jackhole's first time by his response to you keeping voicemails (great thing on your part). Not only would I file a complaint with the BBB, but I would also take legal action against him in small claims court, all after getting my car and parts back. The good news is it appears they have already done the majority of the dirty work by test fitting the bumper for you. The mesh is super easy to fab up and install. I am sure you can find a shop to paint the bumper for you and then you can finish the install yourself. My buddy and I have logged around 40 hours into mine (which includes fixing the mess a shop caused). What's left is pretty simple to complete. I'm glad you've had good experience with rideskinz customer service. They have become non-existent on the group buy thread.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote