Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #15
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
ZERO leaks when washing. I would never put any of my vehicle through a car wash, have seen to many horror stories. The only thing I really was not fond of was the Camaro's lines when the top was down. Yesterday I installed sports bar (easy install) that I think made her ready for the prom!
Our automatic car wash is touchfree and it does a damn nice job. The camaro will get it's chance through it soon. We'll see what happens. I run my trucks through it all the time.
That's a damn nice find!!! I do like how they look with that sports bar but I have a little guy we gotta fasten into the back and I don't think that bar would help me any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
My 2012 top operates when in gear, you just have to be stopped.

Also there is a temperature interlock that prevents it from operating in freezing weather.

If you try to operate it too many times in a row the motor will overheat and you get a message to wait for it to cool.
Mine does work as long as you are stopped too. The rest of that stuff... I might be new here but I'm not new to internet forums and usually the real "helpful" ones come after 7pm and especially on weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 SS 350 5 Speed View Post
The header panel is not real expensive. It's the labor because they have to disassemble the front portion of the top to get to the fasteners that broke off. You can do it yourself with the instructions on this forum or you could have the dealer fix it before you buy it.
Ahhh.... damn. I already bought the car. Looks like I will have to find out how to do it myself. I did manage to get more money off the car so we'll see!!!

Here's my new-to-me camaro:

Name:  camaro.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  200.9 KB

Thanks all for your help. I've already got more dumb questions that I'll start more threads about
ARCTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #16
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
Our automatic car wash is touchfree and it does a damn nice job. The camaro will get it's chance through it soon. We'll see what happens. I run my trucks through it all the time.
That's a damn nice find!!! I do like how they look with that sports bar but I have a little guy we gotta fasten into the back and I don't think that bar would help me any.

Mine does work as long as you are stopped too. The rest of that stuff... I might be new here but I'm not new to internet forums and usually the real "helpful" ones come after 7pm and especially on weekends

Ahhh.... damn. I already bought the car. Looks like I will have to find out how to do it myself. I did manage to get more money off the car so we'll see!!!

Attachment 867376

Thanks all for your help. I've already got more dumb questions that I'll start more threads about
Looks great, let the modding begin LOL

Mine the day I bought it and what it looks like today.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2017, 07:09 AM   #17
69 SS 350 5 Speed

Drives: 69 SS Camaro 2019 Corvette GS Vert.
Congrats on your new ride!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #18
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVE FERRIS View Post
Mine leaks like a waterfall in an automatic. It's a soft top... It's gonna.
No, it's not gonna. You have issues with your top that you need to get fixed.

No leaks after 37k miles.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #19
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:

Looks sweet, I almost bought a red one... Decided on Black though...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #20
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Looks great, let the modding begin LOL

Mine the day I bought it and what it looks like today.
Looks very nice! I probably wont get too crazy on this. Gotta save money for the winter addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 SS 350 5 Speed View Post
Congrats on your new ride!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Looks sweet, I almost bought a red one... Decided on Black though...
Thanks!!! Can't have black or yellow in this state if you're a CYCLONES fan instead of a hawkeye fan
ARCTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Looks very nice! I probably wont get too crazy on this. Gotta save money for the winter addiction.
Thanks, all of my mods happened in the first two years, since then I have just enjoyed driving it.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:29 PM   #22
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Nice Vert, enjoy top down times!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #23
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Enjoy....
Old 04-26-2017, 10:25 PM   #24
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
I was extremely fortunate to find a very clean 2014 2LT/RS convertible in Dayton, Ohio. One owner, gent who has "FIFTEEN" cars and needed to make room for his new Cadillac DTS. This beautiful loaded vehicle was a special order car, ashen gray metallic with blue accented leather appointments, there was only 4,454 miles on the clock when I picked her up last Thursday. NOT a single scratch, dent, ding or mar anywhere on the car. Received every single document including the build sheet, special order sheets and so on. I drove the car last Thursday to Mountain City, TN to visit a friend for two days then onto Easter, NC. Times I got home this girl needed a wash because she killed most of the bus from Dayton, Ohio to Havelock, NC! ZERO leaks when washing. I would never put any of my vehicle through a car wash, have seen to many horror stories. The only thing I really was not fond of was the Camaro's lines when the top was down. Yesterday I installed sports bar (easy install) that I think made her ready for the prom!
Wow, that's 60 tires not counting spares. Yikes!

Nice RS Vert, BTW!

2011 here and no issues, leaks etc. from new. Except had to have the top adjusted (tightened) once and probably should again. 9.465 miles as of 26-Apr-17.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #25
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:

Attachment 867376

Beautiful orange!! Happy and safe rides to you, Arctic!
Old 04-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #26
LuvinTheVert

Drives: 2014 2SS Convertible
Gratz on the new-to-you car! Great fun to cruise with the top down.

Like others have posted, I too have no leaks on my 2014 2SS unless i really TRY to get water through between the window and the top (which does seem to happen for a drop or two in certain auto washes if the angle's right). Other than that, dry as a bone.

I will say, since I haven't seen these mentioned in the thread, I've found a few different things, any of which can prevent the top from going down. All of these things are stated clearly on the DIC when i try to put the top down with any of these conditions not met. For my car, as far as I can tell, I can put the top down only if:

- Car is stopped and parking brake is applied;
- Trunk is closed; and
- Retractable "cover" in the trunk (I forget what it's called on the DIC) is extended and latched.

Not sure if the same apply going back up, but I'd assume so. I do know it makes me stop and set the brake, so presumably the rest also apply.
LuvinTheVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #27
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
No issues with leaking here. Love my vert.
Attached Images

NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote