Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #71
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
WOW. She just set your car up for the stance nation homepage.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #72
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I think EVERYBODY should be RETESTED every 4 years << EVERYBODY >>>> We all start to get comfortable and lax. The little things.... Both hands on the wheel, looking over your shoulder when changing lanes. Turn signals !!!!! Parallel parking I know some people who never learned to Parallel they just passed on that part. it's only 8 points on the test. EVERY FOUR YEARS WE SHOULD ALL RETEST!!!!
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #73
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
I REALLY expected to see Florida plates on the cars. That happens a few times a year down here, but they usually drive into the front of a store. So how many tickets did she get - the only reason she was in your parking lot was because she'd already hit another car on the road!
Same, as many close calls as I've gotten in florida, most of them have been older drivers. That said, glad nobody was hurt.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:31 AM   #74
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I think EVERYBODY should be RETESTED every 4 years << EVERYBODY >>>> We all start to get comfortable and lax. The little things.... Both hands on the wheel, looking over your shoulder when changing lanes. Turn signals !!!!! Parallel parking I know some people who never learned to Parallel they just passed on that part. it's only 8 points on the test. EVERY FOUR YEARS WE SHOULD ALL RETEST!!!!
Think of the logistical nightmare. Furthermore, probably be more accidents from people going to, during, and from getting tested than there would be otherwise.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #75
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Maybe a few numbers to put some perspective on the magnitude, Skip.

Retesting every licensed driver in NJ on a 4-year cycle breaks down to well over a million drivers every year. That'd require enough examiners always be available for retesting over 4000 drivers every single day . . . that's in addition to the examiners already on staff who are already have testing of the first timers on their plate.

Norm
Old 05-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #76
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
More older drivers would get removed from the roads when needed if doctor's results were considered as more than a suggestion and if cops would stop giving them a free pass. I see old people creeping around all the time and you can tell even at a snail's pace the world is moving too fast for them.

One time at the license branch I watched a worker have to come from behind the counter to help an old man find the eye test station. I'm thinking if he can't find that by looking around the room should he be driving? Most people know what to do when they point and say "go down there for your eye test"

Also they like to kill people on motorcycles.

Oh, and they stink!!!!! Just kidding.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #77
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
If they fix it then it'll be a big ugly mess on your vehicle history report . As soon as the dealership you trade that in on , runs your vin numbers in the computer your going to get drastically less money for your pristine car
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #78
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Initial Estimate $6,500 so probably not a total, ugh! I did however find out that there is a Diminishing Value form from insurance that can be filled out and they determine the loss of value to the vehicle caused by the accident and write a check for the loss value. Never even knew that this existed. Guess that is a positive.
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #79
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
I pass many more distracted drivers texting or playing on their cell phones, regardless of age than old bad drivers without a phone.

Good luck on your repairs, sucks regardless.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #80
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
Initial Estimate $6,500 so probably not a total, ugh! I did however find out that there is a Diminishing Value form from insurance that can be filled out and they determine the loss of value to the vehicle caused by the accident and write a check for the loss value. Never even knew that this existed. Guess that is a positive.
Sorry to hear but it will be good just find the right shop to do the repairs. Also they may find more damages once they tear into if they have not done so already. I negotiated my DV on my other vehicle I have so not sure if that is possible in your state.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #81
Tunamanz

The insurance company for the old lady came out today and the estimate from them is at $6800 and 14 days to repair. Sure that will increase some once the shop gets into it and finds any hidden damage.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #82
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
On Monday I was almost hit 3 times (not kidding), none of them were seniors. In March I had a 20 something make a left turn RIGHT in front of me and wrecked my 4 month old SS.

Florida is an accident waiting to happen but it's not always a geezer behind the wheel.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #83
Tunamanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
On Monday I was almost hit 3 times (not kidding), none of them were seniors. In March I had a 20 something make a left turn RIGHT in front of me and wrecked my 4 month old SS.

Florida is an accident waiting to happen but it's not always a geezer behind the wheel.
Make sure you fight for the diminished value if you did not get it. It should not be too late.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #84
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
Make sure you fight for the diminished value if you did not get it. It should not be too late.
I know... Problem is we both have Geico and I can see that being an internal tug of war.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote