Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #29
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Of all the aftermarket bumpers, I have to say I like this one the best. Fitment on the yellow one needs some fine tuning. I've seen the same bumper on a white Camaro and it fit better. It might just be the skills of the installer.

I flow the owner of the yellow Camaro on Instagram. Lot of pics of the progress of the look of the car. Cute girl too.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #30
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Of all the aftermarket bumpers, I have to say I like this one the best. Fitment on the yellow one needs some fine tuning. I've seen the same bumper on a white Camaro and it fit better. It might just be the skills of the installer.

I flow the owner of the yellow Camaro on Instagram. Lot of pics of the progress of the look of the car. Cute girl too.

Got confirmation from the company making these front bumpers, that one on the yellow wasn't by them, the lines match up, everything looks great, also got confirmation on what it comes with the Upper grille and lower grille and the brace and bumper
Old 01-06-2018, 01:05 AM   #31
Lutatt2

Drives: 2010
So will we be losing our drl’s by converting to this bumper?
Lutatt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:26 AM   #32
Starfall
1bad6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutatt2 View Post
So will we be losing our drl’s by converting to this bumper?
No
Old 01-06-2018, 03:14 AM   #33
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
As good as it looks, I would feel that it's trying too hard to pass for a 6th gen. Like a poser-ish, someone who would rebadge a v6 as a v8 or v8 as a ZL1. Along the lines if you want the 6th gen styling then you should have bought a 6th gen haha just my opinion anyway. If you like it, it's your car, your opinion is the only one that matters.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #34
Starfall
1bad6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
As good as it looks, I would feel that it's trying too hard to pass for a 6th gen. Like a poser-ish, someone who would rebadge a v6 as a v8 or v8 as a ZL1. Along the lines if you want the 6th gen styling then you should have bought a 6th gen haha just my opinion anyway. If you like it, it's your car, your opinion is the only one that matters.
I guess it's different for the car concept, but it's just like styling your hair after someone else, it's not that you're trying to be them, it's that you think it looks good.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:46 PM   #35
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
I guess it's different for the car concept, but it's just like styling your hair after someone else, it's not that you're trying to be them, it's that you think it looks good.
I agree with speedster. Your taking the front clip from one gen and trying to put in on another. It not like your swapping a zl1 5th gen front to an SS 5th gen. I dont like it at all. If I wanted ac6th gen front I would buy the while car. But its up to the individual.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #36
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Its a case of a more futuristic car bumper on one designed for more classic lines, it would be best as a package with a giant High Rear wing and yes those hideous fender widening flares and most likely lots of aftermarket scoops and such to with ground effects and things that totally change the exterior of the car hood with lots of vents etc....., other than that its .....MEH lipstick on PHAT arse pig.....IMO
Old 01-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #37
Michaels_45

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro 2LT RS
I think it looks cool, but I love the front of the fifth gens, especially with the heritage grille installed. I think the 6th gen bumper takes away the throwback/heritage vibe from the 5th gens.
Michaels_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #38
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't know why, but it feels like the 5th gen camaro, its the replacement for the "ricer Honda Civic"
I think you believe that because when the 2010 Camaro released it was the most successful year Chevy had. That was also in part to its promotion in the Transformer movie series. Therefore, like it or not (facts don't care about your feels), aftermarket manufacturers raced to make this car nearly 100% customizable. So I would like to say if you bought a 5th Gen Camaro and customized it (in anyway) you were apart of that problem. Call it ricer all you want. I think the 6th Gen bumper on the 5th Gen looks so much better. The 5th Gen bumper is bland and hinders cooling with it's small lower grille opening. Now I personally hate the 6th gen rear end. I think it looks disgusting. They should have designed it this way from the beginning.

Lastly I'd like to point out the people who say it costs more to buy the lower model and swap. Well I guess that depends on your perspective of "cost". If you enjoying doing swaps yourself you can actually save a lot of money. In 2010 the V6 model sold for just over 23K and the SS sold for almost 34K. You could get a decent motor, transmission and rear for less than the difference. Not to mention be able to sell the engine, transmission and rear. The only cost to you is your own labor really. But there are guys out there who just "buy" their cars and not "build" them... it makes me wonder where the phrase "built not bought" originated.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #39
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaels_45 View Post
I think it looks cool, but I love the front of the fifth gens, especially with the heritage grille installed. I think the 6th gen bumper takes away the throwback/heritage vibe from the 5th gens.
I think the heritage grille looks like garbage honestly. It's almost equivalent to the throwback vinyl chrome bumper. Makes me think of old men with white new balance shoes and jean shorts.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #40
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I don't like the front of 6th gens at all. When they released them, i didn't like them and i still don't. the other thing for me is mixing gens on different gens. If you like the 6 gen tail lights or front end or what ever, just go buy one. i'm just too simple of a guy and like some one said, 5 gen was very popular. now that doesn't mean i don't like things from the newer models but i don't want that on my original 5 gen. just my opinion. but those front ends on 6 gen is horrendous in my opinion. they missed the mark on that one.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote