Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Interior Parts & Accessories

Old 07-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
Xmetal

Drives: 2014 LS RIP
NIB Z28 Steering Wheel

As the title says. I decided to go with the ZL1 and keep the paddles. $200 shipped in the con US only. Payment via USPS money order or check AFTER it clears my bank. I can’t seem to upload the pictures but should be able to email them if needed.
Xmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
This seems like a scam.... MODS please delete
Old 07-22-2019, 06:58 AM   #3
Xmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_ERIC_* View Post
This seems like a scam.... MODS please delete
Whats the scam pal. I'm very real. Like I said I couldn't get the pictures to post. I can email them but cant seem to get them to upload. I was going to use the wheel in my car but didn't want to modify it to accept the paddle shifters.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #4
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I think it's because you want a check or money order, everyone normally does PayPal or other protected forms of payment.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
Xmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I think it's because you want a check or money order, everyone normally does PayPal or other protected forms of payment.
I lost a ton of money with paypal who refused to back me. A postal money order is like a check in a sense. If I was asking for western union or something like that I could understand. If someone paid me and I didn't send the wheel, that's mail fraud which as we all know is a federal crime punishable by jail time. I have plenty of family in quite a few branches of law enforcement, and this comes up at the dinner table quite often as issues they've run into. Fact remains, Im very real and have pictures of this wheel sitting on my desk. If someone has a steller reputation here that wanted it, Id be willing to ship it obviously with a tracking number giving them the opportunity to see and inspect it then pay me. Or Ill put it back in the closet until I get bored and either use it in something or throw it out. Im not going to lose any sleep over $200, but someone calling me a scammer, that I have a BIG PROBLEM WITH!!
Old 07-22-2019, 10:44 AM   #6
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmetal View Post
I lost a ton of money with paypal who refused to back me. A postal money order is like a check in a sense. If I was asking for western union or something like that I could understand. If someone paid me and I didn't send the wheel, that's mail fraud which as we all know is a federal crime punishable by jail time. I have plenty of family in quite a few branches of law enforcement, and this comes up at the dinner table quite often as issues they've run into. Fact remains, Im very real and have pictures of this wheel sitting on my desk. If someone has a steller reputation here that wanted it, Id be willing to ship it obviously with a tracking number giving them the opportunity to see and inspect it then pay me. Or Ill put it back in the closet until I get bored and either use it in something or throw it out. Im not going to lose any sleep over $200, but someone calling me a scammer, that I have a BIG PROBLEM WITH!!
you could also send a box of rocks...and the buyer is screwed....don't say it is not possible...itt has happened.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
Xmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
you could also send a box of rocks...and the buyer is screwed....don't say it is not possible...itt has happened.
Im sure some low form of life has done so before and again thats mail fraud which is a felony. So if someone wants it they can buy it, if not then it sits on my shelf. Either way wont change my life BUT if you read my entire message, I clearly stated that if someone who is reputable from this forum wanted it, Id be willing to send it in advance for inspection then they could pay for it.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #8
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Im sure some low form of life has done so before and again thats mail fraud which is a felony. So if someone wants it they can buy it, if not then it sits on my shelf. Either way wont change my life BUT if you read my entire message, I clearly stated that if someone who is reputable from this forum wanted it, Id be willing to send it in advance for inspection then they could pay for it.
Like you I have also sent items to various forum members before the item was paid for. If they didn't like it then just send it back, you like it send a check or money order.

Last year from another member I made a purchase of $800.00 and sent him a check. Told him to hold the item until my check cleared, which he did. Check cleared about a week later and he mailed my items. I now use PayPal quite often but still occasionally send a check. My signature is my name and there is no amount of money that's going to entice that!
Old 07-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #9
Xmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Like you I have also sent items to various forum members before the item was paid for. If they didn't like it then just send it back, you like it send a check or money order.

Last year from another member I made a purchase of $800.00 and sent him a check. Told him to hold the item until my check cleared, which he did. Check cleared about a week later and he mailed my items. I now use PayPal quite often but still occasionally send a check. My signature is my name and there is no amount of money that's going to entice that!
Thanks Larry,
I don't often sell anything, but to be call a possible scammer really pissed me off!
Old 07-22-2019, 10:06 PM   #10
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Thanks Larry,
I don't often sell anything, but to be call a possible scammer really pissed me off!
I couldn't agree with you more, call me anything you want but don't question my integrity! There was defiantly no rhyme nor reason for that to be said! You are a much better man so guess we will move on and let the haters hate!
Semper fi
Old 07-23-2019, 10:23 PM   #11
bdd8401

Drives: 2015 2LT SW RS A6
Your original post seemed to indicate that you wanted payment to clear your bank before you would ship the item , that is not the usual way most sell items on here , most use PayPal for protection of both parties involved. Recently been some issues with long time members here so the ad looked a little suspicious with you having a low post count, don’t take it personally first reply was a little harsh but there have been a lot of scammers lately so maybe he thought he was giving folks a heads up to something that didn’t look right. Maybe both of you made post without saying exactly what you meant to say.
bdd8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #12
Xmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd8401 View Post
Your original post seemed to indicate that you wanted payment to clear your bank before you would ship the item , that is not the usual way most sell items on here , most use PayPal for protection of both parties involved. Recently been some issues with long time members here so the ad looked a little suspicious with you having a low post count, don’t take it personally first reply was a little harsh but there have been a lot of scammers lately so maybe he thought he was giving folks a heads up to something that didn’t look right. Maybe both of you made post without saying exactly what you meant to say.
All I take personal is when someone questions my integrity. Aside from that I agree one cannot be too careful these days. With that said, I dont know any potential buyers as most dont know me. Sometimes though its a chance worth taking. In this case, Im willing to send it first since like you said I have a low post count, and its not a high dollar item in my eyes. Id rather not get burnt by anyone and have to get the local authorities involved but in order to build a positive trade reputation, sometimes its worth taking a chance to show who I am and what Im selling to be true to what I say it is.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:54 AM   #13
bdd8401

Like I said when I first read your ad it seemed that you wanted the items paid for before you would ship it with that being said it looked a little strange to me. I don’t know how to post pics on here either but if you asked i am sure some of the other members would help you with posting them. And I understand that you had a issue with PayPal in the past
But that is the usual way most members like to do business on here . If you do sell or buy anything thru the site ask the other person to rate the transaction on here that helps other members feel more comfortable with each other. I have a few positive ratings on here so even though I have kind of a low post count myself it looks a little better that way. Just ask interested parties to contact you and explain the whole situation to them and good luck with your sale . And since I have been the victim of a scam of a deal mentioned on here I am glad PayPal worked for me to get my funds back
Old 07-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #14
bdd8401

Also maybe the post that offended you was directed more at the way the ad seemed than at you personally .