Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #71
FastFord

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
You'd think that Ford would've learned their lesson after getting their buts kicked the last 5 years in the showroom over styling, but I guess not.
Butts kicked? hardly, looking at the sales charts in this thread it looks like a dead heat over the last 5 years with the Camaro holding the slightest edge.
FastFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #72
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
10 year old mustang platform is still shining brightly....2013-2014 Mustangs GT, Shelby, Boss will be the ones worth the money after the dust settles on the 2015. Camaros are getting beat this year so far. Dodge?.....crickets
It's those damn tail lights!!!

current ride - 2012 Black on Black 2SS RS w/ sunroof, muffler delete with SLP exhaust tips, rotofab cai, gm strut brace, BMR 1.4 drop springs all four corners, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tubes, Hex Vents, Jannetty Racing Tune, Helmholtz J pipe, MMR 228 Z28 replica wheels.
need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #73
edco
Account Suspended

Drives: 07gt
I was on a second story outdoor dining patio having lunch yesterday. The view is above the road in front. A silver gen 5 Camaro rolled bye. I followed it until it the road turned out of sight. Got to admit it looked cool.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #74
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
I was on a second story outdoor dining patio having lunch yesterday. The view is above the road in front. A silver gen 5 Camaro rolled bye. I followed it until it the road turned out of sight. Got to admit it looked cool.
lol you never seen one?
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #75
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
lol you never seen one?

Don't follow your post.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #76
Daij

Drives: Dodge Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
I'm not surprised by Dodge. Their cars and trucks have a lot of issues - more than the average vehicle should have. It's a shame, too. The Challenger is a good-looking car.
Still have my '08 SRT8. I am the only owner and no issues with that one so far. I used to think it was pretty fast until I got my ZL1. Now it feels like a bicycle compared to it :-D

'14 ZL1
'08 Challenger SRT8
'05 Rolls-Royce Phantom
'13 Toyota Sequoia
Daij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #77
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daij View Post
Still have my '08 SRT8. I am the only owner and no issues with that one so far. I used to think it was pretty fast until I got my ZL1. Now it feels like a bicycle compared to it :-D
Lol..... love to hear that!

Nice ride by the way
Old 05-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #78
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
You'd think that Ford would've learned their lesson after getting their buts kicked the last 5 years in the showroom over styling, but I guess not. The new car is not ugly, but Ford missed a chance to hit it out of the park. There's absolutely nothing new or ground-breaking in the styling of this car. It looks like they took a Subaru BRZ greenhouse, grafted a Fusion front end to it and leaned a Mustang tail light panel forward, attached it to it and said "good enough". It looks like an obvious lack of effort to me. I'm sure it will sell well and set new standards for Mustang ride and handling, but they are about 15 years late on moving Mustang suspensions into the 21st century. GM will be bringing out a new Camaro within a year or two and Ford is leaving a hole big enough for GM to drive a semi through to kick their butts again on styling. We'll have to wait and see if GM gets lazy this time like Ford did.
That is one take on the next gen mustang. If all this is true why would you think it will sell at all? Comments: The designer of the S197 stang visited the largest mustang clubs to introduce gen5 prior to production. It had IRS. Mustang fans revolted. Everyone wanted the Ford 8.8" solid rear axle. Hao Tai Tang (the designer) gave in and redesigned the vehicle with the traditional axle. 340,000 units in the first two years. The buyers got what they wanted and yes in the twenty-first century. What else matters? Hao Tai Tang was promoted to Ford global design chief in 2008. He placed the 2005 Shelby Mustang grill-front fascia theme on the Fusion to sport it up. It is not the other way around, and yes buyers responded to the Fusion. Now Audi, Chevy, Chrysler, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Bently, and several West Pac Asian builders have Fusion front ends, or should we say Shelby Cobra Mustang front ends?
There is no chicken or the egg question here, the Mustang came first.

For your general summary of the the next gen mustang, all I can say is do not buy it. I know for sure they will sell at least one. To me.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #79
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Lol... Wow.

Well good luck to you my friend and your potential new Mustang... I have nothing against Ford or the Mustang don't get me wrong.... But I know I would not change my Camaro for 10 of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #80
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
That is one take on the next gen mustang. If all this is true why would you think it will sell at all? Comments: The designer of the S197 stang visited the largest mustang clubs to introduce gen5 prior to production. It had IRS. Mustang fans revolted. Everyone wanted the Ford 8.8" solid rear axle. Hao Tai Tang (the designer) gave in and redesigned the vehicle with the traditional axle. 340,000 units in the first two years. The buyers got what they wanted and yes in the twenty-first century. What else matters? Hao Tai Tang was promoted to Ford global design chief in 2008. He placed the 2005 Shelby Mustang grill-front fascia theme on the Fusion to sport it up. It is not the other way around, and yes buyers responded to the Fusion. Now Audi, Chevy, Chrysler, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Bently, and several West Pac Asian builders have Fusion front ends, or should we say Shelby Cobra Mustang front ends?
There is no chicken or the egg question here, the Mustang came first.

For your general summary of the the next gen mustang, all I can say is do not buy it. I know for sure they will sell at least one. To me.
Aston Martin ? Audi? Chevy? Where? Austin Martin had it before 2005! The Fusion grill definitely don't look like the Shelby grill! More like the 15 mustang grill!
But I like the 13-14 the most! The 15 looks like a wannabe Austin Martin! No thanx!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #81
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
The next gen Mustang looks way too bland for me. Put the body shell on a ZL1 or Z/28 underpinnings and I STILL wouldn't buy it.

Has no moxy. Has no soul. I guess the Mustang fanbois will eat it up, but I guess it's like a steak and shake single burger in the car world. Sure, it will make a turd, but it sure isn't palatable. WHERE'S THE BEEF? Hahahaa. One thing a car HAS to have if nothing else...it has to at least LOOK good. The '15 Mustang is the homely girl stranded at the freshman dance. At least it can drive itself home after the party.

If I were a Mustang guy, I'd be running right out and snapping up a '14 before they're all gone.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #82
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
The next gen Mustang looks way too bland for me. Put the body shell on a ZL1 or Z/28 underpinnings and I STILL wouldn't buy it.

Has no moxy. Has no soul. I guess the Mustang fanbois will eat it up, but I guess it's like a steak and shake single burger in the car world. Sure, it will make a turd, but it sure isn't palatable. WHERE'S THE BEEF? Hahahaa. One thing a car HAS to have if nothing else...it has to at least LOOK good. The '15 Mustang is the homely girl stranded at the freshman dance. At least it can drive itself home after the party.

If I were a Mustang guy, I'd be running right out and snapping up a '14 before they're all gone.
Agree!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #83
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post

Lets talk cars. Everybody can see it different. Here is an opinion from CarConnection about all 3 muscle cars.

By Bengt Halvorson Bengt Halvorson
May 15, 2014
So far, this decade has looked a bit like the late-1960s muscle-car era all over again--at least if you look at these cars from a distance.

Yet from the driver's seat, each of these models are quite modern, comfortable, and capable.

The 2014 Ford Mustang remains in direct rivalry with the Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger, yet while they have those muscle-car roots, they're each very different vehicles.

The V-8 Mustang GT feels like a serious performance car now, and it's just as quick as the Chevrolet Camaro SS, and we like its rev-happy feel a little better.

On the other hand, the Chevrolet Camaro is almost cartoonish, and it makes some seemingly severe sacrifices in seating comfort and cabin layout for its chunky good looks.

You might feel that you sit 'on' (rather than 'in') the Camaro, and the headroom is so limited.

The Dodge Challenger models, on the other hand, are a full size larger and feel much heavier--although they do deliver satisfying Hemi V-8 performance.
END Quote.

Bengt hits on some things I agree with. I always said here I think the Mustang and Camaro, while historically competitors, are different enough to be in separate classes. I have said Camaros are cool and I respect them. I think Mustang is, more mustang-pony car than Camaro. Camaro is, more luxury sport coupe than pony car. Nothing wrong with either theme. It is buyer and driver preference.

As far the 2015 Mustang, what I like the most is what writers here trash it for," nothing new, same stuff, not a hit of park, etc." Ford, upgrading the tech package, preserved what is important to Mustang buyers. They kept it a Mustang, and that's the way uhu uhu we like it.

Last edited by edco; 05-16-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #84
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Agree!
HI Q. I guess you're up late also. Any modifications yet?

Last edited by edco; 05-16-2014 at 01:26 AM.