Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #85
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Attachment 588888

I know people have been saying they want "hips" but this particular style just doesn't allow for that look. The reason is the mid-waist "pinch" is at the front of the door instead of the back. The style I'm using allows for better driver visibility; especially to the right corner. Switching back to the traditional style raises the window sill at the front of the door several inches, reducing forward/corner visibility and you're back to that "sitting-in-a-cave" feeling. I put a pretty big fender flare in the back to help fatten up the proportions back there so maybe that will help those who wanted the other style.
I really like your last rendering.

One comment about the front turn signals, I'd be curious to see what it looks like if the ... I don't know what the word is ... the opening where the headlights and turn signals are now - if you just cut that across the entire front instead of it being a scooped out intake, then wrapped the turn signals around the side of the car where it would now be open?

Also, what about more of a fastback? That might make it look too much like a stingray, but I'd be curious if that would give it a more filled out look that denoted it as a 2+2.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #86
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperativeXIV View Post

One comment about the front turn signals, I'd be curious to see what it looks like if the ... I don't know what the word is ... the opening where the headlights and turn signals are now - if you just cut that across the entire front instead of it being a scooped out intake, then wrapped the turn signals around the side of the car where it would now be open?

Also, what about more of a fastback? That might make it look too much like a stingray, but I'd be curious if that would give it a more filled out look that denoted it as a 2+2.
OPERATIVE , you mean like the left side VS the right side .
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #87
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:

So if I understand what you guys are saying, you want to see the front grill opening continue out all the way through the corner instead of cutting a slot in the corner the way I did; is that correct?

I had it more of a fastback to begin with but people complained it looked like a vette, so I've modified it to look more like a traditional muscle car since that's what it seems people prefer.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #88
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Is this more like what you guys had in mind?

Name:  2020 Concept alt10e.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  32.0 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #89
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

I finally figured out what was bugging me about the way the rear fender looked compared to the front; I didn't use the same type of flare. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier!

Here I've replaced the smaller fender flare with a full fender flare in the same style as the front fender. Looks MUCH better this way and gives the rear of the car a beefier look. I also keep making small changes to shapes, proportions and things; refining as I go.

Name:  2020 Concept alt10f1.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  44.5 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10f2.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  38.4 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10f3.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  38.7 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10f4.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  54.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #90
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Thumbs down

Remember the CAMARO IS AN AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR not a european road course racer. Guess you know what I think if it

A+ for effort though!!!
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #91
OperativeXIV

I guess I'm thinking more like if the front opening (what the heck is the term for that?) was just a straight slice across the entire front of the car with no left or right sides - though it almost looks like that's pretty much what you've done?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #92
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
I honestly like where this is going. I have a feeling it could be greatly sculpted to be a good looking car. The asinine responses are a little too honest, but everyone speaks what's on their mind. I mean look at some of the C7 concepts, makes you really think "What the hell were they smoking?"

Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #93
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Remember the CAMARO IS AN AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR not a european road course racer. Guess you know what I think if it

A+ for effort though!!!
Guess you haven't been reading what's coming in 2020+ for regulations and such. Did you know that legislators want to take away your ability to even control your own car? They want "driverless" cars; read up on it and vote wisely. There's a good chance the big V8 muscle cars may not be around much longer, so in the meantime I'm looking at a possible design for the alternative; high-performance 4 or 6 cylinder cars.

There's nothing wrong with a European road course racer; take a look at the Z/28 and take note where they were (The Nurburgring in Europe) as they developed and refined its abilities. I don't think GM wants to shut out the European market so having a car that works both here and there isn't a bad thing.

Now, having said all that this is as I've already stated a work-in-progress which means it's changing, can change, will change as it evolves. Instead of just giving it a thumbs down which is utterly useless to me (or any designer), how about describing what you like/don't like (and don't get cute with a reason like "because it looks like a European racer") and give me some ideas of what you WOULD like to see? That's why this is a work-in-progress. I can and do take constructive feedback. Give me descriptions that I can do something with and make changes accordingly.

Quote:
I guess I'm thinking more like if the front opening (what the heck is the term for that?) was just a straight slice across the entire front of the car with no left or right sides - though it almost looks like that's pretty much what you've done?
Yeah that is exactly what I did but I gather it's still not quite what you were envisioning? Do you see the cut-through at the corners going back farther towards the wheels?

Here's a preliminary shape for the back; I'm still working out details so I don't want to see posts by people barfing because they "don't like it". And for anyone considering posting comments; I don't care if you don't like it. That's useless to me. If you like it great; if you don't then tell me why; what is it you don't like exactly? What would you like to see? Read through the constructive feedback some have given on this thread to get an idea of what kind of information to write so I can have something to work with.

I also don't care if it "looks like... (whatever)". What I want to know is: do you like it? If yes then great; if not then describe what it is about the shape/style that you don't like. Don't make that description "I don't like it because it looks like... (whatever)". Give me descriptions like "it's too thin, or too tall" etc. Describe the feature(s) you would like to see changed and try and give me an idea of what type of change you want.

I'm making the effort to translate descriptions into images; all I ask is that people commenting make the effort to give me useful descriptions.

So here's the early stages of the back of the car. At the moment there's no lower diffuser and I'm going to copy the front headlight/sidelight style for the back, so the round tail lights will go away. Right now what I'm interested in is the shape; the look and feel as it were. (Oh and just as a side note, these snapshots show a new wheel style.)

Name:  2020 Concept alt10fa.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  82.0 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10fb.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10fc.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  73.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #94
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette TPI View Post
I honestly like where this is going. I have a feeling it could be greatly sculpted to be a good looking car. The asinine responses are a little too honest, but everyone speaks what's on their mind. I mean look at some of the C7 concepts, makes you really think "What the hell were they smoking?"

Thank you. Exactly. You can't experiment and explore without trying different things out; most won't work; a few might work; one will eventually work. That means there's LOTS of trial and error before you get to that "one". I'm making that journey an open one here on the forum so anyone who wants to can participate.

I think it's a great opportunity for people to get involved in the basics of the creative process and who knows....we may just hit the bullseye and come up with the "one". Even if we don't, at least we're in the game and making the effort, which to me is better than just being negative and complaining.

Thank you for your post!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #95
OperativeXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Yeah that is exactly what I did but I gather it's still not quite what you were envisioning? Do you see the cut-through at the corners going back farther towards the wheels?
Nope, what you have is what I was thinking of, I just wasn't able to see it in the earlier renders, thanks for indulging me!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:30 AM   #96
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Nope, what you have is what I was thinking of, I just wasn't able to see it in the earlier renders, thanks for indulging me!
You're welcome! Thanks for the contribution.

Here's the latest with the tail lights using the cut-through style from the front of the car:

Name:  2020 Concept alt10g1.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  52.6 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10g2.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  50.8 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10g3.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  60.3 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10g4.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  82.5 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #97
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Refining the back. I reduced the height of the tail lights; they were too tall. I'm also starting to add some aero effects.

Name:  2020 Concept alt10g1.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  49.2 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10g1a.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  50.9 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10g2.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  57.1 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10g3.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  80.7 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #98
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Back at it again I see. I like it. What about a little tweek to the front and sides?
Attached Images

ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation