Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2017, 11:57 PM   #1
Doctor_Waddles

Drives: 13 Vert, 11 SS
Getting to 600hp

First time posting in the forums, and been browsing the forums since ive joined. Been hoping to get some insight on a build i want to do on a L99.

So im thinking about getting a turbonetics setup when the time comes for it. Was just trying to figure out what supporting mods should i get to get around 600hp while avoiding the e85's as im trying to keep it as daily as possible.
Doctor_Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:45 AM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome to the forums!!

I'm shooting for a 600rwhp car as well with my L99. The avenue that I'm looking to do it with is through a LSA supercharger with a 2.5" pulley and a BTR stage 3 cam. Of course I already have long tube headers which helps the beast breathe. However, this isn't the only way to get there. Like you said with turbos will do it and even nitrous will get you there too. I had a buddy who was over 600 with a lot of nitrous and he was able to maintain a very sleeper style car with it. The normal street driveability was there until you switched the nitrous on and then it was a whole different car. Good luck with your goals and happy modding!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Your in CAL.....first you have to fight the weak suspension a vert gets, and then the automatic also, I would recommend a AFM delete and a cam and of course a converter to go with it if your going to go FI so you do not press it too hard trying to seek nirvana of the numbers as even with mods to the suspension on my coupe with after market parts 500 to the ground is hard to control and I am talking torque not HP, hp shows how hard it is working making that torque to move the heavy object. I would also recommend BMR suspension products, bushings for the trunnions, a ls2 dog bone dampener, a high volume pump, C5r timing chain, etc etc you have a lot to learn and should read up on searches of engine section posts. And don't go all stupi with FI or your more likely to melt down the stock hypereutectics.

Last edited by christianchevell; 07-04-2017 at 08:51 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Asking that kind of question will get you lots of opinions...."this is what I did".....or bad advice. Your best questiin is.....who is a trusted builder? Then go talk to them.
People keep tageting a certain "number" they want to achieve.......and thats your prerogative. But it's not all about the numbers. It's about the proper combination of parts backed up by a cast of supporting mods. Everything needs to work in harmony to get the ultimate end result
Good luck..
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quickest route to 600+ HP...not the cheapest but hey, go for the warranty with all your HP!

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...amaro-zl1.html
Old 07-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #6
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
My car is going in the week of the 24th to install a Lingenfelter blower cam and Magna Heartbeat supercharger. I kind of wanted to keep the vvt but they will also be doing the LS3 conversion. I had them install Kooks long tubes about 4 years ago and they tell me I will have over 600rwhp. So when I get it back I will let you know how these mods work out.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #7

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Check out AGP Turbos, Phoenix, AZ.

Kevin (the owner) has an L99.

Their kits are excellent and he has plenty of experience with the L99.
I think I see a trend here....
4510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #8
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Wash it up nice and shiny, trade in on an '18 ZL1. You're welcome.

Either way costs a fortune, my way is painless and trouble free. The crap breaks down, you just say...please fix it.

...edit, just noticed...doctor in California. Spend money on vacations to HI and MX. You don't need all that power to sit in traffic.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Wash it up nice and shiny, trade in on an '18 ZL1. You're welcome.

Either way costs a fortune, my way is painless and trouble free. The crap breaks down, you just say...please fix it.
Ever heard of the phrase built not bought? Half of the fun is in building the car not just going to the dealership and buying what they have on the lot.

Have fun OP with whatever route you end up going!
Old 07-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #10
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Ever heard of the phrase built not bought? Half of the fun is in building the car not just going to the dealership and buying what they have on the lot.

Your not gonna just pickup a new ZL1 on a dealer lot. They are all being custom ordered. So it's kinda like doing it yourself just for you.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
idk why everyone is suggesting spending 70K when you can spend 7K on a supercharger that would've originally kept your 5th gen warranty if you had it installed at the dealership

http://www.slponline.com/product/920...e-1-575HP.html
Old 07-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #12
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Your not gonna just pickup a new ZL1 on a dealer lot. They are all being custom ordered. So it's kinda like doing it yourself just for you.
There's a Krypton Green one sitting at a dealership near me right now. Got in it a few weeks ago revved it up and thought it was nice, but just not a fan of car payments or sunroofs.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #13
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:45 AM   #14
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post

So GM builds it with a warranty or some other company builds it with no warranty. Makes sense if you tell me you built it then you better have put the work in
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote