Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #99
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
LOL the unions around here that get the attention get bad attention, Teachers striking against the law just to force a issue and democrat governor giving them what they want.
Then there were the long shore men who shut down the port of Portland effectively enough to all loose their jobs when Hanjen pulled out because they blocked the traffic and disrupted shipping and the governor did nothing, and now he resigned here. And well our unelected governor got a settlement from Oracle for that debacle of 100 million that's how bad they wanted to create a stupid Obamacare website they went in hundreds of millions and it did not work.

My unions a good union in that we are not sending money to political candidates and if we were it would be more conservative than liberal which is not tolerated in say ....Schools which push liberalism often with the help of the media which is everywhere.

Its actually funny today Trump played the media to just say one thing and have them cover a rally. CNN, ABC,CBS,NBC, they all spew hatred of anything they do not consider to be politically correct :when running over any Christian values they make no consideration to those who may be more conservative....But we are the doormat to the world because we can be abused and are to be speechless. Being white is not all its cracked up to be either, LOL but anyway....
Yup lots of people on the road and some are scary. I am afraid if the 6 billion dollar tax increase our Governor wants and if people are truly that ignorant to hand a blank check to most likely a newly elected liberal woman with no real conditions well that's scary.... Its all about politics lately, afraid to express views because common sense is so rare its like a freakin superpower....LOL Just had to say that..LOL

Yes to increasing my electric bill, yes to increasing the cost of gas, yes to increasing the cost of everything else.. Man I so hope Oregon has not gone to the dark side as we have always voted against the sales tax proposals over the decades. Up in Portland where they do keep it weird they have a arts tax to pay for more public art and teachers in the school, they have just voted to increase the cost of gas up there to fix the roads they cant fix because mass transit takes all the money to .....not make money, but have ridership like the 70s. The cost per mile is astounding its like 30 million a mile for rail..

Anyway just rambling on here about Oregon my home and I love it, I am sure you all have trouble with the larger cities in your state, it seems they get all the media coverage. I am in for reasonable unions ran by the people who work in them and who do not politically manipulate in other than; to just try to be reasonable in negotiations for wages. We are pretty normal Joes in my job and having such a low life expectancy is a bummer so you really have to keep up a sense of humor. Heck this year we have not had a staff suicide in the parking lot like the two years before it. Just untimely deaths of some way too early who try to get by in the most stressful of places a Pen while doing a job that makes impact to provide service to the state I constantly work hard. This week I was tearing off a roof of a warehouse and replacing it for giggle, ( badly rusted), while doing about 25 other things on and off supporting the mission of a physical plant maintaining a little city of 2300.

You want to hear something funny....We have a garbage truck and we call it " Big Stinky" Its so beat to crap from age and abuse it has to go back to the shop that I just sent it to for repairs again Monday, its like a 1980 International that's a side dump with a round cylindrical rear that you can climb up on to watch the garbage be dumped.
It is such a POS but it just keeps running mechanically as we pour repairs on it over and over and the state we have tried to get to buy us a new one for a long time. When ever it breaks down I have to take it whatever shop I determine along with the CO's and man this thing is so Nasty it would knock a maggot off a Crap wagon it goes in our gates dripping garbage juice out the back cylinder and its like coffee....

Anyway this garbage truck is pretty huge like the size of a big Sucker truck used for cleaning sewers of non invasive trenching. And we drive the trash far away for a much lower rate to dump to save money ;so its always breaking down we have then to put the garbage in our dump truck...And dump it daily. And the thing is its always the mechanism on the side they have used the thing to death and new parts were just machined to replace some and its hoses leaked immediately at a fitting they did not even test the mechanism just made a replaced parts and did not tighten the hydraulic lines good enough and reversed them so up was down..LOL

I crap you not we have to have put 30 grand into repairs in the last two years... But we have a sense of humor and some day big stinky will be replaced with new stinky. Anyway if you ever see a big stinky stay away from it, it may just break apart and spray crap......LOL And the only place for big stinky should be a wrecking yard. This truck has repeatedly even ; had the ram extend with the back hatch closed which is like 1/4" steel and punch through with the ram cover, the frame is hacked so bad from some dorks removing part of it it has to have the entire barrel removed and the frame rebuilt for 30k estimated life for it is two years before the suspension goes so bad its undrivable....and that's with new leaf springs and everything out back it already has..... Its scary.... And Halloween is coming and I got the Bitchinist Angel of death that's arms, wings, and mouth move and the chest lights up and it talks while its eyes in its skull glow red its going to look cool by my witch with her cauldron that moves and talks and moves her eyes and mouth..... Anyway..LOL beware Big Stinky on Halloween ..HAHAHA And I care about good unions I just don't care about those that give others bad names being unreasonable and not caring about the effects on society around them only caring about getting theirs.

There is a feeding order of which causes are the favorites of government in funding while others struggle or have pay freezes for years..Yup been there done that. That's where I am at working for a bastard stepchild they always want more with less from but have to keep up with the realities of aging infrastructure and the constant demands of the populace and security.

Unfortunately so many figures who are in the public do not represent the real values of what should be their constituents, but only a public face for the media who promote their own agenda also, and instead of saying 'Look what we did together with the help of" it is more a case of; "Look what I did" Like anything good amidst the rubble that is their wake they should be proud of and that's shows their character.

I show my character by doing the work others will not and doing it well, The roof I was replacing I used abandoned old metal roofing snap lock they were going to recycle if it was not for me and used it for a storage unit , then awnings for the shops inside and now a roof for a warehouse and I will use what ever is left for something eventually because I am a tax payer too and I want to be a good stewart of the money while doing the work I am blessed with. And I am doing it just like I stripped and painted a large 2300 foot house a this year, painted a four floor administration building covered in historical reliefs, oh just tons of fun stuff even got a award. Work is best accomplished with 9/10ths perspiration and 1/10th inspiration....LOL It was my idea to get the roof done and paint the house which is a office at work, I also did one of our truck gates the other day that was a nice reward seeing it all cleaned up no rust for 20' up.
Anyway I push My managers to do the right thing and repair and upkeep everything I can get my claws into as work sometimes can pass so much quicker when constantly busy! The roof, painting a house /office things I just started doing like the gate, give me a way and I can "get er done"...LOL

I am where I work famous for saying "MER", yup its a thing to express so many emotions just by your tone and face, and so I am the "MER" man ;also known as a the hard worker ;I can do a mean Carl from Sling blade and other impressions too ...LOL And like to joke while I work because life is short and if I have done all the most dangerous and worst work I can relax really, already roofed all the towers..LOL, painted ADMIN,and that's just Lil Old me.

Anyway if you judge a person by his works I hope I make god smile for all the schools I built for children and all the other things like Publics works on street crew or parks etc.
And having had more government jobs than anybody I work with from decades just moving around I Like being a sort of Motorhead follower of this place most of the people here are cool and we can blurt out anything even a long rant about truths we hold to be self evident; but don't think about in abstract in print ,but rather have to deal with as life. SO drive careful my fellow Motorheads Big stinky is out there somewhere some time this truck wont die!!!!! Happy upcoming Halloween...lol

https://youtu.be/Pfm_upp_c40

https://youtu.be/Pfm_upp_c40 Goodday from the Mer man....

I know the video is off topic and sadly is based in reality, but damn if it didn't make me laugh. I'm sorry brother, I would not want to be a CO...
Old 09-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #100
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
Every time I get the car out, I have some joker trying to cause a race. Interstate driving is the worst. I usually just ignore them, but this guy was deliberately blocking me from passing.
We weren't street racing, I just passed him 'cause I could.
As far as some loser in a diesel, he'll have to prove to me that he can outrun and out drive me.
The first time I took my Camaro to the track I made 7 passes that night. It was my first time ever at the track and I had a lot to learn and I think my best pass was a 13.67. It was a test and tune night and I won 3 out of the 7 races. However, one of the races was against a diesel dual cab dodge 4x4. He was next to me a few times in the staging lane, his tires were up to my window. When he was right along side of me I had to lean out the window to see the top of his cab, the thing was just huge. It worked out that he lined up next to me, the lights counted down and when it hit green that trunk was just F**king gone. He beat me worse than anyone did all night. I should look back at the time slips but he had to be in the 11's. The morel of this story is, Never say you will kick someone's ass until you know what he has under the hood!
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:21 AM   #101
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
ROTFLMAO

Big Stinky:
Just last last week the receptionist at my physical therapy told me about a mailman. She was asking about delivery times. She brings up the mailman they had for a while who they called 'Stinky' through the whole building. She said the odor would linger in the office for hours. Someone must have complained, she said, because suddenly he started adding cologne to the rest of his stench.
Now they have new delivery people but the times were are all over the place, which is why she brought up Stinky, who was always the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
LOL the unions around here that get the attention get bad attention, Teachers striking against the law just to force a issue and democrat governor giving them what they want.
Then there were the long shore men who shut down the port of Portland effectively enough to all loose their jobs when Hanjen pulled out because they blocked the traffic and disrupted shipping and the governor did nothing, and now he resigned here. And well our unelected governor got a settlement from Oracle for that debacle of 100 million that's how bad they wanted to create a stupid Obamacare website they went in hundreds of millions and it did not work.

My unions a good union in that we are not sending money to political candidates and if we were it would be more conservative than liberal which is not tolerated in say ....Schools which push liberalism often with the help of the media which is everywhere.

Its actually funny today Trump played the media to just say one thing and have them cover a rally. CNN, ABC,CBS,NBC, they all spew hatred of anything they do not consider to be politically correct :when running over any Christian values they make no consideration to those who may be more conservative....But we are the doormat to the world because we can be abused and are to be speechless. Being white is not all its cracked up to be either, LOL but anyway....
Yup lots of people on the road and some are scary. I am afraid if the 6 billion dollar tax increase our Governor wants and if people are truly that ignorant to hand a blank check to most likely a newly elected liberal woman with no real conditions well that's scary.... Its all about politics lately, afraid to express views because common sense is so rare its like a freakin superpower....LOL Just had to say that..LOL

Yes to increasing my electric bill, yes to increasing the cost of gas, yes to increasing the cost of everything else.. Man I so hope Oregon has not gone to the dark side as we have always voted against the sales tax proposals over the decades. Up in Portland where they do keep it weird they have a arts tax to pay for more public art and teachers in the school, they have just voted to increase the cost of gas up there to fix the roads they cant fix because mass transit takes all the money to .....not make money, but have ridership like the 70s. The cost per mile is astounding its like 30 million a mile for rail..

Anyway just rambling on here about Oregon my home and I love it, I am sure you all have trouble with the larger cities in your state, it seems they get all the media coverage. I am in for reasonable unions ran by the people who work in them and who do not politically manipulate in other than; to just try to be reasonable in negotiations for wages. We are pretty normal Joes in my job and having such a low life expectancy is a bummer so you really have to keep up a sense of humor. Heck this year we have not had a staff suicide in the parking lot like the two years before it. Just untimely deaths of some way too early who try to get by in the most stressful of places a Pen while doing a job that makes impact to provide service to the state I constantly work hard. This week I was tearing off a roof of a warehouse and replacing it for giggle, ( badly rusted), while doing about 25 other things on and off supporting the mission of a physical plant maintaining a little city of 2300.

You want to hear something funny....We have a garbage truck and we call it " Big Stinky" Its so beat to crap from age and abuse it has to go back to the shop that I just sent it to for repairs again Monday, its like a 1980 International that's a side dump with a round cylindrical rear that you can climb up on to watch the garbage be dumped.
It is such a POS but it just keeps running mechanically as we pour repairs on it over and over and the state we have tried to get to buy us a new one for a long time. When ever it breaks down I have to take it whatever shop I determine along with the CO's and man this thing is so Nasty it would knock a maggot off a Crap wagon it goes in our gates dripping garbage juice out the back cylinder and its like coffee....

Anyway this garbage truck is pretty huge like the size of a big Sucker truck used for cleaning sewers of non invasive trenching. And we drive the trash far away for a much lower rate to dump to save money ;so its always breaking down we have then to put the garbage in our dump truck...And dump it daily. And the thing is its always the mechanism on the side they have used the thing to death and new parts were just machined to replace some and its hoses leaked immediately at a fitting they did not even test the mechanism just made a replaced parts and did not tighten the hydraulic lines good enough and reversed them so up was down..LOL

I crap you not we have to have put 30 grand into repairs in the last two years... But we have a sense of humor and some day big stinky will be replaced with new stinky. Anyway if you ever see a big stinky stay away from it, it may just break apart and spray crap......LOL And the only place for big stinky should be a wrecking yard. This truck has repeatedly even ; had the ram extend with the back hatch closed which is like 1/4" steel and punch through with the ram cover, the frame is hacked so bad from some dorks removing part of it it has to have the entire barrel removed and the frame rebuilt for 30k estimated life for it is two years before the suspension goes so bad its undrivable....and that's with new leaf springs and everything out back it already has..... Its scary.... And Halloween is coming and I got the Bitchinist Angel of death that's arms, wings, and mouth move and the chest lights up and it talks while its eyes in its skull glow red its going to look cool by my witch with her cauldron that moves and talks and moves her eyes and mouth..... Anyway..LOL beware Big Stinky on Halloween ..HAHAHA And I care about good unions I just don't care about those that give others bad names being unreasonable and not caring about the effects on society around them only caring about getting theirs.

There is a feeding order of which causes are the favorites of government in funding while others struggle or have pay freezes for years..Yup been there done that. That's where I am at working for a bastard stepchild they always want more with less from but have to keep up with the realities of aging infrastructure and the constant demands of the populace and security.

Unfortunately so many figures who are in the public do not represent the real values of what should be their constituents, but only a public face for the media who promote their own agenda also, and instead of saying 'Look what we did together with the help of" it is more a case of; "Look what I did" Like anything good amidst the rubble that is their wake they should be proud of and that's shows their character.

I show my character by doing the work others will not and doing it well, The roof I was replacing I used abandoned old metal roofing snap lock they were going to recycle if it was not for me and used it for a storage unit , then awnings for the shops inside and now a roof for a warehouse and I will use what ever is left for something eventually because I am a tax payer too and I want to be a good stewart of the money while doing the work I am blessed with. And I am doing it just like I stripped and painted a large 2300 foot house a this year, painted a four floor administration building covered in historical reliefs, oh just tons of fun stuff even got a award. Work is best accomplished with 9/10ths perspiration and 1/10th inspiration....LOL It was my idea to get the roof done and paint the house which is a office at work, I also did one of our truck gates the other day that was a nice reward seeing it all cleaned up no rust for 20' up.
Anyway I push My managers to do the right thing and repair and upkeep everything I can get my claws into as work sometimes can pass so much quicker when constantly busy! The roof, painting a house /office things I just started doing like the gate, give me a way and I can "get er done"...LOL

I am where I work famous for saying "MER", yup its a thing to express so many emotions just by your tone and face, and so I am the "MER" man ;also known as a the hard worker ;I can do a mean Carl from Sling blade and other impressions too ...LOL And like to joke while I work because life is short and if I have done all the most dangerous and worst work I can relax really, already roofed all the towers..LOL, painted ADMIN,and that's just Lil Old me.

Anyway if you judge a person by his works I hope I make god smile for all the schools I built for children and all the other things like Publics works on street crew or parks etc.
And having had more government jobs than anybody I work with from decades just moving around I Like being a sort of Motorhead follower of this place most of the people here are cool and we can blurt out anything even a long rant about truths we hold to be self evident; but don't think about in abstract in print ,but rather have to deal with as life. SO drive careful my fellow Motorheads Big stinky is out there somewhere some time this truck wont die!!!!! Happy upcoming Halloween...lol

https://youtu.be/Pfm_upp_c40

https://youtu.be/Pfm_upp_c40 Goodday from the Mer man....
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:49 AM   #102
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyg63 View Post
I'm currently looking for a silverado 1500 with a 6.2. Stock they are 420 hp and after a tune matched up with the 8 speed auto a lot of Camaros won't have a chance
If you are talking about the V8 5th gens then no way in my opinion. A Silverado weights up to 1000+ more and has a lot more height underneath and a truck chassis. Just look at the corvette 0-60 (3.8) with the same LT1 as the new Camaro SS (4.3) because of the weight difference and the lower to the pavement stance it is a lot quicker. Other factors probably come in like gear ratios and other stuff I don't know about but your post sounds about as possible as this 28-30 mpg LS3.

Not only that but as others have said running a truck at racing speeds is more dangerous than a sports car. So who cares if you have a muscle truck if you cant use it.

Too me a truck is for having HP and torque to pull things and go through terrain a car can't with some muscle. Not for racing muscle cars or even thinking they need to show them up on the road if it is at all possible.

Good luck on the truck, it sounds great but come on.

Kevin

Last edited by grahak2; 09-17-2016 at 04:29 AM.
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:05 AM   #103
grahak2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
I'm pretty sure a camaro can only go fast up to a certain speed.
Yes a truck can hold 200mph safely on a track if that's what the truck is built for.
If a Camaro or a truck were safe to drive 200 mph there would be ones you could buy. Any car you can make to go faster, but they aren't safe or designed for those speeds.

For 200+ speeds you gotta have a supercar. Never heard of a super truck.

Kevin
Old 09-17-2016, 03:53 AM   #104
CamaroFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post

Kevin
Here you go:
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2016, 04:17 AM   #105
grahak2

I would like to see you go 200 in it.
Kevin
Old 09-17-2016, 04:41 AM   #106
CamaroFred

Quote:
I would like to see you go 200 in it.
Kevin
I'll bet it feels like that just before it hits 88.
Then, Watch Out!
Old 09-17-2016, 07:26 AM   #107
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyg63 View Post
I'm currently looking for a silverado 1500 with a 6.2. Stock they are 420 hp and after a tune matched up with the 8 speed auto a lot of Camaros won't have a chance
It weighs 5,500 lbs dry, and with any passengers you're probably at 6K lbs or north of that figure

I'll never understand why people think stock gassers are fast lol
Old 09-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #108
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
If a Camaro or a truck were safe to drive 200 mph there would be ones you could buy. Any car you can make to go faster, but they aren't safe or designed for those speeds.

Kevin
http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/roa...tion-silverado

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/camping-...ck-series.html
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:39 AM   #109
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
The Anthony Weiner mobile; http://www.roadfood.com/insider/photos/12845.jpg
Old 09-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #110
oneheadlite

Drives: 2015 SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
The first time I took my Camaro to the track I made 7 passes that night. It was my first time ever at the track and I had a lot to learn and I think my best pass was a 13.67. It was a test and tune night and I won 3 out of the 7 races. However, one of the races was against a diesel dual cab dodge 4x4. He was next to me a few times in the staging lane, his tires were up to my window. When he was right along side of me I had to lean out the window to see the top of his cab, the thing was just huge. It worked out that he lined up next to me, the lights counted down and when it hit green that trunk was just F**king gone. He beat me worse than anyone did all night. I should look back at the time slips but he had to be in the 11's. The morel of this story is, Never say you will kick someone's ass until you know what he has under the hood!
Maybe you just suck at driving?
Maybe it's your car?
Old 09-17-2016, 10:29 AM   #111
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
200 on a bike is childs play..well 190 is..i used to hit 190 all this time on my bikes..i find cars unstable and scary at those speeds..including the porsches i have driven..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #112
grahak2

Pretty bad truck but still slower than a SS and that's at $86K. I mean compare that to a corvette which is priced still less and it gets blown away.

Just proved my point 560hp and still slower than a stock ls3. Why because it's heavy and it's a truck. To get speed you got to be low. Look at a lambo.

Not sure what the second link is for.

Still haven't proved your case of a 200mph mass produced truck.

Kevin