Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #309
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
I work at General Motors Powertrain Tonawanda Engine Plant. We are the exclusive provider of the 6.2L LT1, LT4 & 2.0L LTG engines. If you chose one of these powertrains, it came from WNY. We are a 3 shift operation building them around the clock. My livelihood depends on consumers buying these engine. It makes me happy to see so many people are buying the Camaro & supporting American jobs. That's why I'm willing to share my codes because I know karma will be great & I hope employees who have them will do the same. I only have 2 that aren't accounted for. The system does require a zip code & birth date for the authorization.

Thank you!
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #310
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Sounds like we need a thread where people with codea can PM them to people who don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I've seen that on some of the Mustang forums I was on, but it was so easy to get an Xplan pin it wasn't popular.

I'm dead serious, I'll absolutely give it out next spring after I get my car. I just don't know how the mods feel about that kind of thing.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #311
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Can tell ya that Curr's avatar is the chamber - barrel end of an AR-15 / M16
M4, the M16 does not have extended feed ramps. But most AR makers are using M4 ramps now. =)
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #312
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
I work at General Motors Powertrain Tonawanda Engine Plant. We are the exclusive provider of the 6.2L LT1, LT4 & 2.0L LTG engines. If you chose one of these powertrains, it came from WNY. We are a 3 shift operation building them around the clock. My livelihood depends on consumers buying these engine.
And yet you personally are ordering the V6?!
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #313
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
And yet you personally are ordering the V6?!
It's my preference. The 3.6L V6 is still in American made engine built in Romulus, Michigan. My current vehicle has one of our engines in it, 2.4L ECOTEC. The only 6 cylinder we build is the 4.3L but that goes in the cargo vans & pick up trucks.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

Old 08-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #314
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
Everyone talking about the GM supplier discount, when it hasnt even been confirmed to work with the 2016 yet.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #315
Goblue1313

Drives: F350
LovePhenom, since you work at the plant making the LTG have you heard any scuttlebutt on why there is the delay in the Camaros with the turbo arriving until spring?
Goblue1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:29 AM   #316
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Everyone talking about the GM supplier discount, when it hasnt even been confirmed to work with the 2016 yet.
We get discounts on all GM vehicles including Cadillac's & Vette's. There's no doubt it'll work

Coming
Soon:

Old 08-26-2015, 02:09 AM   #317
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblue1313 View Post
LovePhenom, since you work at the plant making the LTG have you heard any scuttlebutt on why there is the delay in the Camaros with the turbo arriving until spring?
We've built the engine already for the prototypes so it's odd but there's a lot of factors in play right now so one can only speculate. Our contract expires next month so the company may be trying to use the product for leverage during our local & national negotiations but that seems unlikely. It could be a supplier issue since the Camaro's turbo doesn't share the same parts as the current engine or maybe just a delay due to restructuring. We are now the sole provider of the entire LGE (Large Gas Engine) so the company is in the process of a consolidation by moving the remaining work from Spring Hill, TN to Tonawanda, NY. Ill ask around since Al O. hasn't given a reason.

Coming
Soon:

Old 08-26-2015, 02:57 AM   #318
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaavail View Post
Yeah after looking at the configurator with the red knee pads the black ones with red stitching look nicer.
The black knee bolsters do not have red stitching.

Coming
Soon:

Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 AM   #319
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Not according to what it shows here in the picture of the red interior with the black knee pads.
Attached Images

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #320
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Stitching color changes to match the leather color selected.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #321
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Hey all. I'm kind of new to these forums. I currently own a 2014 Shelby GT500 and am strongly considering selling it for a 2016 Camaro 2SS, and just pocket the rest of the money. I'm liking the looks of the new Camaro a lot, especially the interior. I don't mind taking the power hit, I hardly get to use that power and when I do, things get very squirrely most of the time. Can't wait to learn more about this cars, looks like it's gonna be a fun, nicely balanced car. 50k seems like a lot for an SS, but I'm sure dealers will work with you on the price once the newness wears off. Unlike the Shelby and the Hellcats and whatever else elite model will come around.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #322
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Hey all. I'm kind of new to these forums. I currently own a 2014 Shelby GT500 and am strongly considering selling it for a 2016 Camaro 2SS, and just pocket the rest of the money. I'm liking the looks of the new Camaro a lot, especially the interior. I don't mind taking the power hit, I hardly get to use that power and when I do, things get very squirrely most of the time. Can't wait to learn more about this cars, looks like it's gonna be a fun, nicely balanced car. 50k seems like a lot for an SS, but I'm sure dealers will work with you on the price once the newness wears off. Unlike the Shelby and the Hellcats and whatever else elite model will come around.
Better trade/sell it before Ford announces the new GT500, I'm sure it will hurt the good resale value it has right now. Realistically you aren't going to price a 2SS at $50k unless you are ticking a lot of extra cosmetic boxes. NPP, MRC, and auto puts you around the $45-47k range. Definitely holding off buying until initial rush is over will save some coin.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet