Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #85
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
After looking at all the released info from Ford, I am now thinking it might have gained weight as well. The fact that they did not mention weight AT ALL in the press release makes me think it might have gained a few lbs. If it had lost weight you would think they would have said that it would be lighter than the out going model since that's a good selling point and more reason to get excited about the car. Anyone remember what happened with the C7? GM initially says it will be lighter and the car ends up heavier because of all the extra stuff they put in it. I thought I saw that the deminsions of the new Mustang were about the same or a little bigger. So with the car being just as big with a IRS I don't see how they could make it lighter with out expensive components.
I am with you. Although it is exciting to think about, how could Ford lop off 200 pounds and add more technology, and some beefier parts without making the Mustang much more expensive. We will have to wait for the real car to know for sure. It is exciting to think about 450+ HP in a $35K, 3,450 pound car.

If they did do it, when any one of us is thinking about buying a new fun car we would be doing ourselves a disservice if we do not consider it.

Last edited by Fraxum; 12-07-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #86
Fraxum

Tally so far

Okay, so I knew when I started this thread that not many current Camaro owners would admit to wanting to trade. After all which Forum is this? But what I find interesting is the reasons why you will not trade and the reasons for the hate. Some of you gave multiple reasons. Others just gave a very short response, so I had to interpret those words. What was nice was not one word about Ford owners. So most of the Camaro community is not impressed with the '15 Rustang, but the owners are okay.

The "Why I Hate The 2015 Mustang" results so far:
  • Ugly Styling - 13
  • Too Import looking - 5
  • Too slow - 2
  • Engine - 1
  • Handling - 2
  • Interior - 1
  • I will always be a Chevy/GM Fanboy/Fangirl - 18
  • Can't possibly match my current Camaro mods - 1
  • Not Impressed - 1
  • It's a girls car - 1 (Not from a girl I assume, if it was maybe this is a thumbs up?)
  • Hard to work on - 1 (me)
  • I just bought a new Camaro - 1 (me)
  • The OP is completely crazy for even asking - 5 (Yes, it's true)

Last edited by Fraxum; 12-07-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #87
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
AAAAAAAHHHHH no!
GM factory ground effects body kit, Borla ATAK catback exhaust, Airaid Cold air Intake, Airaid Throttle body spacer, Ported Throttle body, Hawk Performance HPS Brake pads, Baer drilled and slotted decelarotor's, Hotchkis strut tower brace, Heritage grill w/ Retro SS badge, Elite Engineering catch can, Unrestricted Motorsports Dovetail spoiler, Street Scene lower grille w/ inserts, Red Jewel interior door panels, steering wheel trim, & dash trim, Oracle Red Halos, & Staggered set of Hotchkis H-Sport wheels. Dynatech Headers & High Flow Cats:P
Chicadepueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #88
adrwhi
MonstaBGP

Drives: Shadow
Hell naw, That Mustang is OOOoooglay!
adrwhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #89
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I can already tell that this car will be a success. The Fanboys hate it because they feel threatened by it and don't want to admit it, the mustang crowd is loving it and the guys like me that aren't married to any one manufacturer are leaning toward it from what I've been reading across the internets over the past several days. I believe that the first release will be somewhat tame until Ford sees what happens with the new Camaro then it will be game on time. That's pretty much what they did with the current generation. If it wasn't for the Camaro the current generation may still be under 400HP. Times are good and it looks like there is no end in site anytime soon even with cafe. It will just be a matter of who can afford the good models.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #90
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I can already tell that this car will be a success. The Fanboys hate it because they feel threatened by it and don't want to admit it, the mustang crowd is loving it and the guys like me that aren't married to any one manufacturer are leaning toward it from what I've been reading across the internets over the past several days. I believe that the first release will be somewhat tame until Ford sees what happens with the new Camaro then it will be game on time. That's pretty much what they did with the current generation. If it wasn't for the Camaro the current generation may still be under 400HP. Times are good and it looks like there is no end in site anytime soon even with cafe. It will just be a matter of who can afford the good models.
Great point. This is what worries me. The middle class is being drained by global and corporate forces. Already a $35-40K car is out of reach for most. And this is my biggest disappointment with the Z/28, the price.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #91
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Call me a fanboy if you want but in 50 years I have not seen a Mustang yet that made me want to buy one... Not that I haven't liked the looks of any or not respected their performance, just not enough to make me think, "I gotta get me one of those babies".
Old 12-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #92
Fraxum

Looks like the Mustang is attracting all the hot girls now. But really, this is an ugly car? I think Ford nailed it. I can see touches from a number of Mustangs and others. Modern, yet a nod to the retro. The proportions are good and the car looks low without a smashed down roof. In fact, Ford mentions visibility as a design goal. This is directed towards those who have passed on the Camaro because it is hard to see out of. Besides the weight, visibility is the Camaro's biggest weakness.

Also interesting, the JPEG name below: s550_feature_1480x700_talent_in_doorway.jpg

Really, talent in door way? Pretty sexist Ford. If the Mustang is a girls car the "talent" must own it.

He must be sucking up to her to try to get the keys. She looks pissed and is probably saying to him:
"No, you can't drive it. Who are you anyway? Get the f&*^ out of my doorway before I spray you with mace. And stay away from my new Mustang!"

My kind of girl.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #93
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Call me a fanboy if you want but in 50 years I have not seen a Mustang yet that made me want to buy one... Not that I haven't liked the looks of any or not respected their performance, just not enough to make me think, "I gotta get me one of those babies".
There nothing wrong with that either. My dealer friend always says " there's a seat for every hiney ".

The point I was making that this new car is invoking a lot of emotion good or bad, and that's usually a good thing.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #94
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

I like how it's starting to look more like the fastback mustangs rather than the notchback. Lots of people saying it's too "import" for them, but don't mind that we're driving Australian Camaros that were built in Canada. If it had black wheels I'd take one
Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #95
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Looks like the Mustang is attracting all the hot girls now. But really, this is an ugly car? I think Ford nailed it. I can see touches from a number of Mustangs and others. Modern, yet a nod to the retro. The proportions are good and the car looks low without a smashed down roof. In fact, Ford mentions visibility as a design goal. This is directed towards those who have passed on the Camaro because it is hard to see out of. Besides the weight, visibility is the Camaro's biggest weakness.

Also interesting, the JPEG name below: s550_feature_1480x700_talent_in_doorway.jpg

Really, talent in door way? Pretty sexist Ford. If the Mustang is a girls car the "talent" must own it.

He must be sucking up to her to try to get the keys. She looks pissed and is probably saying to him:
"No, you can't drive it. Who are you anyway? Get the f&*^ out of my doorway before I spray you with mace. And stay away from my new Mustang!"

My kind of girl.

It's not ugly but I'm not impressed with the styling. When I think Mustang, that kind of look just doesn't work for me. It does look too much like a foreign car. I like some foreign cars and I will likely end up with one at some point, but that look isn't what I want in a muscle car, especially a Mustang, Camaro, etc.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #96
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I love how the Mustang always tries to bypass the Camaro and go for Corvette numbers 3400 lbs and 450 HP.

Listen the car will perform well but it will be on par with the Pony/Muscle car segment.

I've been around this stuff since the 70's and the Ford fan boys have always tried to go after the Corvette but barely could beat (if they did) the Camaro.

Whatever they build Al and Team Camaro will out do it. Unless you are the type that buys a new car every 2 years wait for the new Camaro and be happy.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #97
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:

My kind of girl.

The 5th gen was a retro nod to the 60's camaro and thats why I love the 5th gen. The 60's camaro always been better looking than any mustang or am I wrong? I'm not hating because it's a mustang I actually like the 13-14s mustang. Now they nailed it on that one because the taillights and the headlights are sweet and the front too.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #98
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Lmao.... threatened? Well if anybody feel threatened by a car with more horsepower than they need to ride a bicycle. I go for looks first because mods can make any car as fast as another. You swear everybody likes the same crap .

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 12-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote