Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 09-19-2017, 09:58 AM   #57
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
That's crazy.. how long did you wait for?
It was 3 months. Even after they agreed to cancel the orders I still had to dispute the charges as the credits never appeared on my cc account as I checked daily. I'm not going to go into to much detail but there was a big gap between what I was told and what actually happened - normal people call this 'lying'. After awhile I just told them "I'm going to dispute the charges" and I did. I can only assume, based on that, they are having a cash-flow issue if they are willing to incur charge-back fees vs. actually refunding the orders they agreed to. IMO I seriously doubt that funds given to this company go directly to the products you are buying.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
Old 09-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #58
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
It was 3 months. Even after they agreed to cancel the orders I still had to dispute the charges as the credits never appeared on my cc account as I checked daily. I'm not going to go into to much detail but there was a big gap between what I was told and what actually happened - normal people call this 'lying'. After awhile I just told them "I'm going to dispute the charges" and I did. I can only assume, based on that, they are having a cash-flow issue if they are willing to incur charge-back fees vs. actually refunding the orders they agreed to. IMO I seriously doubt that funds given to this company go directly to the products you are buying.
I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I disputed the charge after waiting for 17 weeks. Branden said he'll issue a refund if I cancel the dispute. However, I have zero faith that he would actually issue a refund. The pending dispute is the only "leverage" I have on getting my money back....
Old 09-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #59
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
same thing i'm going through right now .. i ordered something from them.. after waiting a week no update i followed up .. was told it will ship in 2 days .. fast forward 5 weeks .. nothing happened .. i told them to cancel the order and now i'm being told it will take at least a week to refund my money ... SMFH ...

Quote:
Old 09-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #60
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I disputed the charge after waiting for 17 weeks. Branden said he'll issue a refund if I cancel the dispute. However, I have zero faith that he would actually issue a refund. The pending dispute is the only "leverage" I have on getting my money back....
PM sent...
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 09-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #61
Pete C7

Drives: 2015 Corvette C7
My negative experience with Maryland Speed

Found this thread by doing a search on Maryland Speed. Just had to join the forum so I could post.

I'm a member of the Corvette Forum. Based upon the fact that Maryland Speed is a supporting vendor there, I called them for a price on an X-pipe. I was quoted a very good price, and placed the order on 6/29. My credit card was charged that same day, and I was told that the x-pipe would ship right after the holiday, and I would get a confirmation via email.

After hearing nothing and receiving no emails, I called MS on 7/12, and was told that the x-pipe should be shipping soon. Still nothing. I called again on 8/8, and was told the same thing. By 8/25 my patience had run out, and I called MS to request a refund. I was told that I could not request a refund via phone, and that I had to do so via the email link on the Maryland Speed website, so I did. Branden emailed me and said "the x-pipe should have shipped...I have an invoice...I may be able to give you an extra discount". I emailed back, declined, and again asked for my refund. On 8/29, Branden emailed me to say that he was out of town because his mother-in-law passed away, and that he sent a note back to the warehouse to start the cancellation process.

On 9/8, after not having received a refund to my credit card, I emailed MS via their website to ask why it had not been processed. After waiting for a response, and receiving none, I opened a case with my credit card company this past Friday (9/15). As of this morning, my account has been credited for the full amount by my card issuer.

I wanted to post here, rather than at the other forum, as it's customary there to quickly close any threads that speak out against supporting vendors. I hope that anyone considering doing business with Maryland Speed has the forethought to do a web search and happens upon this thread.

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited by Pete C7; 09-20-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 09-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #62
cmeJATT

thank you so much Peter for posting this .. seems like a lot of people are having the same issues with them. ( including me ) .. i'm waiting for my refund. i will give them 3 more days till i file a dispute. i already called my credit card company and notified them.. takes 120 days for me to get my refund :( ..

Huge Lesson learned .. never buy from them ever again .. no matter how good the price seems.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C7 View Post
Found this thread by doing a search on Maryland Speed. Just has to join the forum so I could post.

I'm a member of the Corvette Forum. Based upon the fact that Maryland Speed is a supporting vendor there, I called them for a price on an X-pipe. I was quoted a very good price, and placed the order on 6/29. My credit card was charged that same day, and I was told that the x-pipe would ship right after the holiday, and I would get a confirmation via email.

After hearing nothing and receiving no emails, I called MS on 7/12, and was told that the x-pipe should be shipping soon. Still nothing. I called again on 8/8, and was told the same thing. By 8/25 my patience had run out, and I called MS to request a refund. I was told that I could not request a refund via phone, and that I had to do so via the email link on the Maryland Speed website, so I did. Branden emailed me and said "the x-pipe should have shipped...I have an invoice...I may be able to give you an extra discount". I emailed back, declined, and again asked for my refund. On 8/29, Branden emailed me to say that he was out of town because his mother-in-law passed away, and that he sent a note back to the warehouse to start the cancellation process.

On 9/8, after not having received a refund to by credit card, I emailed MS via their website to ask why it had not been processed. After waiting for a response, and receiving none, I opened a case with my credit card company this past Friday (9/15). As of this morning, my account has been credited for the full amount by my card issuer.

I wanted to post here, rather than at the other forum, as it's customary there to quickly close any threads that speak out against supporting vendors. I hope that anyone considering doing business with Maryland Speed has the forethought to do a web search and happens upon this thread.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 09-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #63
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
thank you so much Peter for posting this .. seems like a lot of people are having the same issues with them. ( including me ) .. i'm waiting for my refund. i will give them 3 more days till i file a dispute. i already called my credit card company and notified them.. takes 120 days for me to get my refund :( ..

Huge Lesson learned .. never buy from them ever again .. no matter how good the price seems.....

When you file a dispute with your cc company they have to take that amount off your bill as they cannot collect on that amount during the dispute period. If the dispute is settled in your favor then it just stays off. If you lose the dispute they put it back on.

Its the law my man.

https://www.cesisolutions.org/2015/0...pute-a-charge/

Good luck!
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 09-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #64
cmeJATT

sorry i should have said i used my debit card .. idk if it still the same case ? if it is .. I'm going to file tomorrow...

i'm hopping Brandon can just be a man and issue my refund in a timely manor .. it shouldn't take more than 1 day to do so...

let's see .. if not i'll file my dispute ..

Quote:
When you file a dispute with your cc company they have to take that amount off your bill as they cannot collect on that amount during the dispute period. If the dispute is settled in your favor then it just stays off. If you lose the dispute they put it back on.

Its the law my man.

https://www.cesisolutions.org/2015/0...pute-a-charge/

Good luck!
Old 09-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #65
ModdedSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Wish I would have found this thread before I ordered my headers at the beginning of August. If they don't ship out this week I'm filing a dispute. I don't have time to fight with these people, I've already been lied to twice.

Go: 17" Forgestar F14s in Bronze Burst with Hoosier Drag Radials/Rotofab Intake w/ Dry Filter/EFI Flex Fuel Kit/Kooks 2" Longtubes with Offroad Connections/PRAY Performance Ported Intake Manifold/PRAY Performance Ported Throttle Body/PRAY Performance Ported Heads/PRAY Performance Tune

Suspension: Phastek Lowering Springs/BMR Toe Rods/BMR Control Arms/BMR Trailing Arms/BMR Strut Tower Brace
Old 09-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #66
umby24

Drives: None
Just sent another e-mail asking for refund and cancellation. I'll be doing a dispute as well should no response be received by friday..

Done dealing with them.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #67
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
I have not given up yet. Just passed 30 days. I have not been lied to at this point. I was told it will take a while with the discount given to allow them to group items together in group buys or one large shipment.

I waited silently for just shy of a month. I emailed last week and asked if we were waiting on a certain Item and if there was an expectation time frame I should know about?
I received a response the next day that I should see movement this week. I inquired again today as a reminder the week is ending soon and I am looking for an expected arrival date now.
If I get one by tomorrow I will be a happy camper and was told about the delay ahead of time. If not...I will make judgement then.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #68
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I saw this on Instagram today. Seemed appropriate for this thread.
Attached Images

'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #69
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
I have received the exact copy and paste email for the last two weeks. I informed Brandon F. I will honor my word in my previous email and give him till the end of the week to come through on his end. He has held over $1600 of my money for long enough. I will be taking action against them starting on Monday.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #70
cmeJATT

Good luck!

Closed Thread