Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Problems with G3 Composites? Anybody else?

Guys,
Please let me know who else has had problems with G3 Composites (Alan, who is President) in Florida? I have had nothing but problems and keep getting strung along with no resolution in site. It all started with trying to have my 2013 ZL1 hood insert layered with real carbon fiber. (I should of taken my wife's advice and left it alone but I didn't listen, like always) I pulled my insert off my car at the end of October 2013 and shipped the part to him. After a shipping problem in the beginning and now several texts back and forth I'm still without my insert!! You can't physically talk to the guy because his voice mail box is always full.

I finally received my hood insert the beginning of May, damaged from shipment and looked like crap to me with polishing streaks and rubbing compound everywhere. The fit of the part was another issue as you can see. Sorry but my standard of quality is allot more than what I received and was promised. I sent it back to him and now I'm without a hood insert again and being strung along. Car show season has started and I'm without an insert! I'm of course asked several questions everywhere I go about where is my insert and I let them know exactly where it is and the problems I have had with G3 Composites. I couldn't make it down to Camaro Fest because I sure didn't want to go to a big show like this without a complete car. Maybe I should of gone and asked who else has had problems among all the Camaro owners and to stay away from this company! I'm going to Sturgis with or without a hood insert. If I don't have it by then, fellow Camaro owners will certainly know the whole story!

Please let me know of any suggestions or experiences you all have had with Alan and his company, G3 Composites? Sorry to vent about a Camaro5 vendor like this but I'm extremely frustrated with this whole process!

Bill
Overpar73
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
looks like a scam artist.. they charge you big$$ and you have to fight to get your stuff back+with the quality they promised..

other option is buy a brand new one or look at good used ones on accidented car...

for your next mods, pick someone locally that way ,you can go at their place to see what's up... make good reasearch,ask on this forum lots of good folks around to lead you to good &trusted places.

really sorry about this .it's unnaceptable.
Good luck.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
JMichael

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1- Silver Ice
Hope you received my email. You won't get your part, and when you do you won't be happy. Going on 9 months waiting on carbon fiber badges...
JMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
No not from me!

I was set last year to order carbon fiber parts from Alan at G3. I had been communicating with him on Facebook. Once the horror stories surfaced, I stopped right away. I am extremely happy with the carbon fiber parts from Seibon through the Moreno brothers. They have a thread on here!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
OVERPAR73

G3 Composites

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
Hope you received my email. You won't get your part, and when you do you won't be happy. Going on 9 months waiting on carbon fiber badges...
Thank you for the e-mail. I thought I was reading my own book when I was reading everything! I can't do anything about it, but wait and see how it plays out. Thanks allot, take care.

Bill
Old 05-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #6
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
pm sent to you.

sound familiar

"as I'm sure it either shipped out last week, will ship out today, just needs one more coat of clear and buffed, is in the back of my trunk waiting to dropped off, The guy I fired last week was not shipping stuff out like he said he was, they were lost in shipping with no tracking number," and so forth.

I am sure you story sounds something like that.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I pre-paid (10%) deposit for the Spoiler and never got anything!!....always empty promises.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
kstl01
KSTZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert LPE 700 633 RWHP
I ordered several interior parts and it took forever. When I finally got them the quality was so poor I wont put them in my car. I gave up and wrote it off as a loss.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
OVERPAR73

It sure seams like allot of people are righting their orders off as a lost based on the length it takes to get the product and the quality of the parts. I sure wish I would of done more investigating before I sent my insert down to him but it was a special offer from these forums.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #10
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
If I remember right that guys acct was suspended.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #11
silver surfer ZL1

Drives: 2013 silver ZL1
It took me 2 months just to get my carbon fiber bow tie inserts after constant hounding.... He used about every excuse in the book. Then they came in and one looked like the old gold bow tie was removed with a pry bar.... and the carbon fiber weave didn't even go all the way to the corners. I did get my replacement by the end of the week.
Not sure why some one has to run a business this way. I could have sent him alot of business off of the bow ties I have gotten from him but I would rather not have them go through what I did.
Great work, just piss poor service (he needs a manager, and he needs to stay in the shop)
2015 Z28 Black #16 600rwhp N/A
Colorado speed and performance build: hand ported heads, titanium valves, hand ported throttle body,fast lsxr intake, custom cut lunati cam, lunati push rods, fm high performance lifters, dual beehive springs + titanium retainers, trunnions upgrade, ARH headers + x pipe, fast fuel rails, c5r timing chain, katech high volume oil pump, ati underdrive pulley, Taylor wires.
Sold---2013 ZL1 M6 Silver Ice Metallic: 767 rwhp
silver surfer ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #12
G Money

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2016 Denali HD
I had the same issues as Silver Surfer every excuse in the book..... Took 6 weeks to receive my boe-ties they look good but my god he needs a manager for his buisness....I too could have sent him so much buisness.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #13
OVERPAR73

I too could of gave him so much business. When I went to a car show this past weekend, there were allot of questions about my missing insert. I sure let them know the complete story. My problem is still trying to be resolved. I'm praying that I get my insert before Sturgis at the end of June!! If not, everyone will see the missing part and know the complete story!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #14
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Problems with G3 Composites? Anybody else?

I ordered a Carbon fiber spoiler from Alan and waited 14 months to get a spoiler that was acceptable. Not perfect, but I was done dealing with it after that. This was after reviving a spoiler that didn't fit correctly and had to be cut off my car, causing additional damage. There is a thread in the vendor review section that has issues from several others. I have also received PM's from other with similar experiences, some as recently as yesterday. I hope you get some resolution. I know that I will be letting people know to stay away from this vendor.