Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #169
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
Everyone in this entire video sucks.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #170
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
Unlikely to happen as I don't think (even with the video evidence) that the intent was to do harm. Drunken stupid behavior that could have ended tragically? Yes. Trying to murder? No.
It was comment that links back to one I made earlier where I said the punishment for drunk driving isn't severe enough. Anyone who gets into a car and drives drunk should be charged with attempted murder regardless. Because that is, in essence, what you're doing. Or maybe take it down to attempted manslaughter.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #171
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
Huh? Where's that? You mean when the Camaro suddenly crosses, out of control, in front of them?

A tractor trailer leaving the roadway at that speed is very often fatal. It's not like in a car where you just slide through the grass for awhile and get your car dirty. This driver appears to have done a pretty good job of hanging on to it and it was a good place, if there is such a thing, to be forced off the road. But just because it didn't happen to end in death this time, doesn't change the fact that it very well could have.

Last edited by Chevy_cowboy; 04-27-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Chevy_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #172
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhan View Post
But the problem was created by the truck not letting Camaro pass.
Go back to post #121 and try to find where letting the Camaro cut in front of him would have been reasonably safe. Study the shadows and the Camaro to pickup truck overlap.

Cam-Cam . . . this is exactly the point I'm trying to get across and why. I do realize that there is going to be some built-in bias on this forum, but it is not at all appropriate in this specific situation. I've been intentionally avoiding mention of the word "Camaro" because the kind of car that that DUI asshat car driver happened to be in was irrelevant.

Norm
Old 04-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #173
stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
...because the kind of car that that DUI asshat car driver happened to be in was irrelevant.
I can agree with you on at least something.

Fwiw, I see more driving like this from people in sporty luxury cars/suvs (audi, Lexus, BMW, etc) than any other class vehicle. Most of the muscle and true sport cars I see are driving with the flow.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #174
Skhan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
Pickup driver is an idiot and should be fined for blocking in the first place. camaro driver never should have passed on left. I feel for the trucker.

I really hate idiots like the pickup driver. If you are going to drive slower let the faster car pass. It is not your job, duty ect to regulate traffic.
Agreed!
Skhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #175
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
The Camaro driver is the perfect case for a proper ass whopping. Should be put in jail for wreck less indangerment!!!:facepalm :
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #176
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Go back to post #121 and try to find where letting the Camaro cut in front of him would have been reasonably safe. Study the shadows and the Camaro to pickup truck overlap.

Cam-Cam . . . this is exactly the point I'm trying to get across and why. I do realize that there is going to be some built-in bias on this forum, but it is not at all appropriate in this specific situation. I've been intentionally avoiding mention of the word "Camaro" because the kind of car that that DUI asshat car driver happened to be in was irrelevant.

Norm
looking at the video the truck sped up. If the truck stayed at speed or slightly slowed down camaro would have passed and moved on. I know for myself I have no desire to keep someone who wants to go faster behind me. It serves no purpose.

Now if there is any argument in favor of the pickup truck it would be if anything happened prior to seeing the video. Like did camaro pull in front of truck and slow down then truck passed him that lead to this. However, we have no idea since there is no video of prior events.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #177
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
As someone who puts between 40,000-50,000 miles a year on my work truck I see too much stuff similar to this. The fact of the matter is that the Camaro started in the wrong continued in the wrong, and finished in the wrong. He drove like a jack ass (and that's putting it nicely), nearly running the truck off the road to start with because he wanted to run up and cut too closely between the truck and the semi. If I was the pickup I would have probably made him cool his jets for a minute too. Not ride there for miles and miles and miles, but just long enough to let him know he pissed me off. (Two minutes is NOT too long in that situation, not much longer, but two minutes is not that long.)

HOWEVER, the guy did not cool down but then proceeded to make his presence immediately known (as if the pickup had forgotten about him) by revving up his engine trying to all but push the pickup out of his way. If you're going to ride too close that's one thing, but to be hammering the gas and brakes ever couple of seconds is just plain ignorant.

Strike three, which was the nail in the coffin, was when he tried to pass on a 1/2 car width paved shoulder (turn signal or not, really at least he signaled?!) Apparently nobody ever told him (Camaro) that when you get off the paved road all bets are off. That moron, again sugar coating it, is down right dangerous and should have his license revoked for no less than a year! It's people like that who KILL people!!

When you have seen some of the stuff I've seen in my travels, this garbage is what really burns me up. Am I perfect? No, but thankfully to date I have not done this!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #178
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Pickup driver is an idiot and should be fined for blocking in the first place. camaro driver never should have passed on left. I feel for the trucker.

I really hate idiots like the pickup driver. If you are going to drive slower let the faster car pass. It is not your job, duty ect to regulate traffic.
Driving slightly over the speed limit is different from driving erratically at insane speeds, pretending the freeway is a freaking autocross course. Not to mention the Camaro was drunk off his ass and could've killed a van full of kids or something up ahead if everyone just "let him pass" and do what he wanted. The pickup probably took it further than he should have, but in the end, kudos to him for preventing anything worse than what happened.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #179
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
looking at the video the truck sped up. If the truck stayed at speed or slightly slowed down camaro would have passed and moved on. I know for myself I have no desire to keep someone who wants to go faster behind me. It serves no purpose.

Now if there is any argument in favor of the pickup truck it would be if anything happened prior to seeing the video. Like did camaro pull in front of truck and slow down then truck passed him that lead to this. However, we have no idea since there is no video of prior events.
There will be a big long annoying case with lawyers and head aches... I believe that the truck really made things difficult for him self when he sped up to prevent the camaro from passing.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #180
stoopid

Quote:
Did you catch this sequence? It wasn't until later that the vehicle ahead got away from an incident in the making.

Norm
If the Camaro driver kept their rate of speed (they were travelling slightly faster than the pickup) and moved into the left lane there was sufficient room between all 4 vehicles at this very moment. It would be tight but very doable. The Camaro's hesitation here ended up, ultimately, sealing their fate. It was a second after that the truck actually SPED UP to block the Camaro out, then proceeded to play their game. Again, painting the pickup driver entirely as the victim IMO is wrong.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #181
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
Also, the guy in the cam car answered his phone while driving his car, and by the ringer, I can tell you it wasn't blue tooth. So eff him too.

Everyone in this entire video sucks.
You probably werent trying to be funny, but your comment cracked me up anyway!!!!!
CamaroSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #182
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I hate assholes that try to self police the road its not your job get out of my way. I hate truck drivers that see me coming and pull over and take a few miles to pass another truck pisses me off to no end and its not limited to truckers either. I admit I tend to be a aggressive driver I get to the speed limit stay there and not jerk around my Camaro is not a armored vehicle I know that but dam people like its been said before if you see a asshole let him go it could save a life. Im a little bias against truckers since one came over on my wife and caused here to run off the road an hit a telephone pole has he was passing her and kept going (don't wanna hear no shit house lawyers its in the past). was there any right moves by the 4 people involved NO!!!!!!! Absolutely not, the Camaro guy being a First Class Dickhead (with a brake light out) the Pickup truck driver not his job to hand out punishment or act as the law (wonder if everything in the back of the truck was properly secured/tied down?), the semi driver (the less wrong out of the group more of a victim than anything) he could have (key words COULD HAVE) slown down and forced the truck to pass, and the guy with the video hes got issues too following to close, surprised he wasn't caught up in it too. People just need to pull their heads out of their asses put their phones, food, make up, or anything else for that matter down and pay the F**K ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! RANT over and I don't care to hear about anyone defending anyone in this video a serious of unfortunate events.......
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote