Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #15
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I'm going to call it and say Mustang saw a decline just because the 2018 refresh just went on sale a few days ago.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #16

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'd say it is noteworthy the 6thGen Camaro just had it's best month ever....I don't think they were giving them away....

In spite of all the arguments explaining low sales numbers in various previous months,....price, inventory, etc.,...the Camaro seems to be doing fine...

Again, any rumors of it's pending demise due to low sales, seem to be highly exaggerated. The Camaro is alive and well, sticker price and all....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #17
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I was going to wait until July or August to get a better deal but $4,000 in incentives made the wait pointless. So at least for me the incentives worked as designed.

Last edited by Donrican; 05-03-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Donrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #18
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I'm going to call it and say Mustang saw a decline just because the 2018 refresh just went on sale a few days ago.
Have you seen the refresh in person? I have, it is no bueno...they made the nose even worse. The dash updates and power bump was much needed, but the nose is too fussy looking now.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #19
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donrican View Post
I was going to wait until July or August to get a better deal but $4,000 in incentives made the wait pointless. So at least for me the incentives worked as designed.
What dealer did you end up buying from?
Old 05-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #20
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'd say it is noteworthy the 6thGen Camaro just had it's best month ever....I don't think they were giving them away....

In spite of all the arguments explaining low sales numbers in various previous months,....price, inventory, etc.,...the Camaro seems to be doing fine...

Again, any rumors of it's pending demise due to low sales, seem to be highly exaggerated. The Camaro is alive and well, sticker price and all....
Well said...
Old 05-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing...if true, it's got to be for the equipment, because that refresh is uuuugggly. IMO.

Otherwise, perhaps they sold less to fleets this month.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #22
Jverado

Drives: 2004 Silverado, 2020 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron scubadiver View Post
Incentives were definitely better last month. The dealer where I bought my car had 19 V8 Camaro's in January (includes ZL1's). Right now they have 7, including 2 M6 ZL1's.

Last month most of the cars had $3500 in incentives, not including conquest. It's back to $1,000 now. I don't think the situation will be like last year.

GM reported the same total number of vehicles in inventory as last year, but many fewer cars and the balance made up with Trucks and SUV's.
That's the deal I got in February. The dealer had a car that was very close to what I'd order and they did I think about $3500-$3600 off. I had originally wanted ​a ZL1, but them not knowing if I could ever order one, not dealing on price, the ridiculous gas guzzler tax, higher sales tax, higher insurance, all made me pull the trigger on the SS. Sooo glad I did. Love that car and​ very happy with what I saved compared to what I would have spent. I'm seeing more 6th gens around my area too.
Jverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #23
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I was thinking the same thing...if true, it's got to be for the equipment, because that refresh is uuuugggly. IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Have you seen the refresh in person? I have, it is no bueno...they made the nose even worse. The dash updates and power bump was much needed, but the nose is too fussy looking now.
Eh, as we all know, when it comes to design there are always polarizing opinions on either side of the fence. Some people think the 5th gen 2014/15 Camaro refresh and 6th gen look bad. Some people are very particular to the 2014/15 for some reason above all else. And then many on these forums obviously would say the 6th gen is a clear leader.

Somewhere out there, there are people who prefer the new Mustang. You can call it change for the sake of change, but that's exactly what a mid cycle refresh is. A sales boost to try to appeal to the people who don't already have one, people who just want a visual differentiator to prove they have the "latest" model, and a means to stave off sales that would inevitably be cannibalized by the used market if a particular design went unchanged for too long.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Eh, as we all know, when it comes to design there are always polarizing opinions on either side of the fence. Some people think the 5th gen 2014/15 Camaro refresh and 6th gen look bad. Some people are very particular to the 2014/15 for some reason above all else. And then many on these forums obviously would say the 6th gen is a clear leader.

Somewhere out there, there are people who prefer the new Mustang. You can call it change for the sake of change, but that's exactly what a mid cycle refresh is. A sales boost to try to appeal to the people who don't already have one, people who just want a visual differentiator to prove they have the "latest" model, and a means to stave off sales that would inevitably be cannibalized by the used market if a particular design went unchanged for too long.
I don't disagree. Been preaching that for years.

Ultimately, I'm happy to see great sales figures, and look forward to seeing more.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #25
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverado View Post
That's the deal I got in February. The dealer had a car that was very close to what I'd order and they did I think about $3500-$3600 off. I had originally wanted ​a ZL1, but them not knowing if I could ever order one, not dealing on price, the ridiculous gas guzzler tax, higher sales tax, higher insurance, all made me pull the trigger on the SS. Sooo glad I did. Love that car and​ very happy with what I saved compared to what I would have spent. I'm seeing more 6th gens around my area too.
ZL1 is a fast car, and not a one trick pony drag strip queen, but it's a much worse DD than an SS. It has a very stiff ride, stiff seats, drinks gas and rips through expensive tires quickly.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #26
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
Ford has added a pedestrian protection system to the new mustang ... hopefully that will keep it out of the crowds at cnc events!
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #27
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Doubtful, look at the market...everyone had a drop. And probably half the people buying Mustangs (not the ones on forums and probably not the people buying GTs) don't even know about any changes until they see one at the dealer. Then there's the fact the average dealer sales people don't know anything about it either.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #28
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Several reasons for me

17’s supply getting low
Mandatory I had to have a 50th anniversary year
April rebates were worse than March so put 2 and to together the later you wait the worse the incentives will be and low inventory means less deals.