Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #15

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I feel that circumstances are very different from 06. The Camaro is no longer gone so it's not so much a hope and dream as when they showed the original concept. Today there are so many different ways to judge what people want besides an expensive concept. I know they keep a close eye on sites like C5 and they have the disciples to help guide them and all the passionate engineers, etc. Since they have a great car currently they only need to tweak the formula so to speak. Back in 06 they had nothing. Not even a current car to enhance or guide them. With such a short window and such long lead times I feel if there was a radical concept we would have seen it. (code 130R anyone ) When they are ready to show it to us it's most likely going to be the car you'll be able to buy in basically CTF form.
I agree with all that, but just to your original post I was thinking that if a "sneak-peak" caused a lot of excitement and gave the designers an idea of what folks wanted, why not have the same "formula for success" with the next Gen?

I'm sure they have kept all that in mind and what-not...Just struck me that if they had it to do over again, the car wouldn't look so much like the concept, and perhaps would not have been such a desirable, successful car...but, whatever...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Like was stated above. You wont see a live car this year I dont think. If the 6th gen is a 16 model its too far out. You might see a car in 15....Like the corvette was done.......
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
usually there is not a concept car. 1st, 2nd and 3rd gens didn't have one.
4thgen did in 1989.
with the 5th gen there was no Camaro in production and they wanted to gauge reaction from the public on bringing the car back at all.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
It's all marketing.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
I will say, to go along with Wyndham, I simply LOVE the fact that they turned a concept car into a reality. How many cars can you honestly say became real life (at least on the scale that the Camaro is at)? There are not many, let alone any that someone like me could afford. This is what truly makes the car so amazing, we are all driving a concept car that came to life with minimal changes! Bravo GM
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #20
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I doubt we will see a concept. There was a concept before the 5th gen because the Camaro was out of production.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote