Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
matts69olds

Drives: 2013 ZL1 SIM
Exclamation Suggestions for Custom Camaro

Hello All! I'm currently looking to buy a 2010-2013 Camaro. I plan on building it so it doesn't look like any in my area because it seems like there is quite a few.
I love the looks of Behic2320's Camaro. Not quite sure how to get a hold of him. I don't plan on going nuts, but who knows. I'm planning on Silver for the main color with black accents. Any suggestions, pictures, contacts, or any information would be great. Ground effects, wheels, hood, engine bolt-ons, exhaust are a few things I would like to change. Thanks in advance. Matt
matts69olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:18 PM   #2
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Look here: Behic2320

Click on his sig pic for his build thread.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Good Luck.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
matts69olds

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
heres an idea...white camaro,hood scoops like the 70 hurst/olds,orange stripes on hood and decklid...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #6
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
When building a custom, the question is how truly custom?
Do you really have a design/concept/theme? Both inside and out?
Are you going with strictly off the shelf parts or what parts are you going to have custom made or modified? (Off the shelf seat covers vs custom seats, for example. Or custom stereo system vs factory with a stealth type sub)

Most importantly WHAT IS YOU BUDGET? Take that budget and add anther 50% to it, and then it's probably realistic for what you might spend.

Custom cars are a potential money pit. They are never truly "done". There will always be something else you might want to do. Engine upgrades, cosmetic upgrades, stereo upgrades, etc. There is always something.

I'm doing a major project on mine right now, it still needs new wheels, which I have budgeted for, but after that there is still more I'd LIKE to do. I know I'd love to suicide the doors, but, since it's never been done on a gen 5 camaro to my knowledge, I think it would be in the 20-30K to do it correctly. I would need to find a fabricator that is also an engineer who could work out the engineering and design issues. It would be no simple task to suicide those doors. Right now, I don't have the 30K to throw at it to redesign, fabricate, move the door handles and repaint. Maybe someday. I've used a combination of some off the shelf parts, some off-the shelf then modified parts, and many that are truly custom, one-of-a-kind. If you want to see the progress of a my custom build follow @project_yellowjacket on instagram.

Last edited by rdsesq; 01-17-2018 at 09:16 AM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #7
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
heres an idea...white camaro,hood scoops like the 70 hurst/olds,orange stripes on hood and decklid...
1969. There was no hurst for 1970.

How’s it going Red? You’re not missing anything up here in the snow belt.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Are you going with strictly off the shelf parts or what parts are you going to have custom made or modified? (Off the shelf seat covers vs custom seats, for example. Or custom stereo system vs factory with a stealth type sub)

Most importantly WHAT IS YOU BUDGET? Take that budget and add anther 50% to it, and then it's probably realistic for what you might spend.

Custom cars are a potential money pit. They are never truly "done". There will always be something else you might want to do. Engine upgrades, cosmetic upgrades, stereo upgrades, etc. There is always something.

I'm doing a major project on mine right now, it still needs new wheels, which I have budgeted for, but after that there is still more I'd LIKE to do. I know I'd love to suicide the doors, but, since it's never been done on a gen 5 camaro to my knowledge, I think it would be in the 20-30K to do it correctly. I would need to find a fabricator that is also an engineer who could work out the engineering and design issues. It would be no simple task to suicide those doors. Right now, I don't have the 30K to throw at it to redesign, fabricate, move the door handles and repaint. Maybe someday. I've used a combination of some off the shelf parts, some off-the shelf then modified parts, and many that are truly custom, one-of-a-kind. If you want to see the progress of a my custom build follow @rdsesq on instagram.

^^^what he said
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #9
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
This mammy jammer has always been a forum fave.

Name:  C643CF7A-6391-4C7C-8275-3DEFE58FEB85.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  114.4 KB
Old 01-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #10
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post

Attachment 915307
We really shouldnt disrespect others tastes in customiz....oh damn that’s just ugly as hell. It’s an outright abomination.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #11
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post

Attachment 915307
Wow.....
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #12
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
1969. There was no hurst for 1970.

How’s it going Red? You’re not missing anything up here in the snow belt.
34 degrees here in central florida this morning.looks to be another cold week here.im ready for beach weather,just glad we dont get snow...a friend of mine had a hurst/olds with that color combo years ago,it was quite a car.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #13
matts69olds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post

I'm doing a major project on mine right now, it still needs new wheels, which I have budgeted for, but after that there is still more I'd LIKE to do. I know I'd love to suicide the doors, but, since it's never been done on a gen 5 camaro to my knowledge, I think it would be in the 20-30K to do it correctly. I would need to find a fabricator that is also an engineer who could work out the engineering and design issues. It would be no simple task to suicide those doors. Right now, I don't have the 30K to throw at it to redesign, fabricate, move the door handles and repaint. Maybe someday. I've used a combination of some off the shelf parts, some off-the shelf then modified parts, and many that are truly custom, one-of-a-kind. If you want to see the progress of a my custom build follow @rdsesq on instagram.
Maybe custom is a little strong for what I want to do. I was thinking different wheels, vertical doors, stereo upgrades. I would like a different front bumper too, I was looking at Gary's customs. Headers, exhaust, and super charger. I think that's a good start.
Anyone know a good rim and tire size I should be looking at. I may lower it an inch too. Not sure of the recommended offset either.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #14
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Wow. That's quite a list. Including car, you'll drop min $40k into that money hole.

Tags
behic2320, camaro, custom, suggestions