Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #43
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28guy30 View Post
The Camaro isn't just any car though. It is a performance car that is rich in history.
And the Corvette is a car with a richer and longer history whats your point. I had a Mustang GT, a performance car with a rich history as well, but it was just a mustang. It wasn't a Corvette. Corvette's to me are special.

Corvette has always held a special place in my heart. I guess a Vette would be my dream car so like I said given the choice of a Corvette (for a second vehicle) or a Camaro. I am taking the Corvette 100% of the time
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #44
Brutus2

Drives: White 2016 Camaro SS 1ss A/8 MR NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28guy30 View Post
lol Yet you have owned three of them...nice. Mustang drivers are women and douchebag men who can't drive.

Camaro: A small viscious creature that eats Mustangs.
that last one black mustang was halarious
Brutus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #45
Brutus2

Drives: White 2016 Camaro SS 1ss A/8 MR NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
And the Corvette is a car with a richer and longer history whats your point. I had a Mustang GT, a performance car with a rich history as well, but it was just a mustang. It wasn't a Corvette. Corvette's to me are special.

Corvette has always held a special place in my heart. I guess a Vette would be my dream car so like I said given the choice of a Corvette (for a second vehicle) or a Camaro. I am taking the Corvette 100% of the time
I was minutes away from purchasing a used 2007 Corvette with 28k miles for $30k w/TTL. I took it to a well-reputed speed shop for a check-up and he said the car was in great shape but that I should be aware that a valve/head job would be necessary soon and should be done before 36k miles...and while in there he would replace the rods and maybe even do a cam/head upgrade to get about 460hp.

i figured after the labor and parts/tune I would in for about 34k....I figured screw it and bought the 1ss with 455 hp for 37.5 k and still have the warranty of 3/36/ 5yr/50 powertrain. I know the Corvette would be faster all the way around than the Camaro due mostly to the power to weight ratio but the new car vs used car outweighed it for me as I love both cars
Brutus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #46
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Next time you come to DC bring your C6 instead of the Malibu and you'll find out lol! But you better hurry because if you wait too long I won't be stock anymore (you'd also need to revert to stock tune to make things fair).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Ready... Go!
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #47
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
Next time you come to DC bring your C6 instead of the Malibu and you'll find out lol! But you better hurry because if you wait too long I won't be stock anymore (you'd also need to revert to stock tune to make things fair).
Psh. Plenty fair. Old A6 with better shift points vs your A8? Need me to run 87 too?
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #48
gdgraph

Run Diesel

Quote:
Psh. Plenty fair. Old A6 with better shift points vs your A8? Need me to run 87 too?
Old 03-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #49
LbulletM

Quote:
Run Diesel
Hahahahahahaha
Old 03-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #50
mustangcrusher1

Drives: 2017 camaro SS blue w/white stripes
Stock for Stock the SS wins in a straight line,
for sure!
mustangcrusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #51
LbulletM

Quote:
I'll race you with the 'bu. She wants a new car anyways. Sounds like time for a turbocharger big enough to blow up the engine after my first run, a Fast and Furious sized shot of NOS to make sure it's really blown up, and some straight line only 12" drag radials on the Malibu to make sure I don't go anywhere except straight to the finish line.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #52
gdgraph

Remember when I converted it into an "SS" ?

Quote:
I'll race you with the 'bu. She wants a new car anyways. Sounds like time for a turbocharger big enough to blow up the engine after my first run, a Fast and Furious sized shot of NOS to make sure it's really blown up, and some straight line only 12" drag radials on the Malibu to make sure I don't go anywhere except straight to the finish line.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #53
LbulletM

Quote:
Remember when I converted it into an "SS" ?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #54
Lacoven

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
I switched from my 15 Z51 A8 to a 50th 2SS A8 and they feel same performance wise
Lacoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #55
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
I sold my 2013 Grand Sport for a '17 1LE...

After owning a few vettes (including a C7), this 1LE was such a wise choice. The GS was awesome, but not in the same league when you take the latest tech into account.

WOW!
Attached Images

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:41 AM   #56
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I sold my 2013 Grand Sport for a '17 1LE...

After owning a few vettes (including a C7), this 1LE was such a wise choice. The GS was awesome, but not in the same league when you take the latest tech into account.

WOW!
I've also owned and tracked a 2013 Grand Sport. I really liked that car, the design, targa top, performance but If I had to do it again, I would still go with a 1LE. It's just a better car than the 6th gen Corvette (stock vs stock) in both street and track and I don't care about the "Corvette exclusivity" or "heritage" or whatever.. I look at the money I spent and performance for the money especially for track use.. the gap between the Vette and newer Camaros is very slim as opposed to previous generations, like they mentioned in the new MotorTrend ZL1 video

glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote