Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-28-2017, 10:06 PM   #281
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
So it boils down to this:

Do you want GM to sell bookoo sh*tloads of Camaros by homogenizing the design to be more family friendly with back seat and trunk space OR do you want it to be the best looking car on the road?

I choose the latter. I personally don't want to see another Gen 6 at every stoplight. A British car designer once said the camel is a horse that was designed by a committee.

Don't let that happen to the Camaro.
No one is saying make it family friendly but GM was a few inches away from a usable trunk. And they in the kindest way possible said they gave no consideration to rear seat accommodation because CR gives you 1 point regardless of how bad it is. Choices. And slight improvements would likely have lead to broader acceptance and more sales.

And don't fall for the trap that a crap trunk (about half of the Mustang as measured), crap rear seat (GMs own admission) and crap visibility (comments in every Camaro review except ZL1 where 650 HP makes up for everything) makes it the best looking car on the road. GM could have addressed all of these issues, which were Gen5 complaints with clever improvements. They chose not to. But it would have also been an awesome looking car.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 PM   #282
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No one is saying make it family friendly but GM was a few inches away from a usable trunk. And they in the kindest way possible said they gave no consideration to rear seat accommodation because CR gives you 1 point regardless of how bad it is. Choices. And slight improvements would likely have lead to broader acceptance and more sales.

And don't fall for the trap that a crap trunk (about half of the Mustang as measured), crap rear seat (GMs own admission) and crap visibility (comments in every Camaro review except ZL1 where 650 HP makes up for everything) makes it the best looking car on the road. GM could have addressed all of these issues, which were Gen5 complaints with clever improvements. They chose not to. But it would have also been an awesome looking car.
All those compromises for aesthetics, and the Mustang still looks better to most.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:55 AM   #283
gippy87

Drives: 2016 2ss
visibility was an issue for me in previous generations but now its a non issue thanks to cross traffic monitoring, blind spot monitoring and rear back up cam. i feel more confident in this than i do in my jeep.
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 AM   #284
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I dont think GM is ready to have the Camaro on the same level as the Corvette. Joe public will not buy into that one. Modern Musclecar is the best description for the Camaro. Just doesnt feel right calling it anything else regardless of what wiriters want to tag it. The Corvette is GMs only sports car...dont see that changing anytime soon. Try parking your Camaro beside a Corvette at a car meet or anywhere else a tell people to check out these 2 sports cars.....then try to explain your comment. And we are now 2 models into bad visability there is no excuse....
Perhaps they are, because the corvette is leaving the building -- by going upmarket. But, even though the Camaro is a fabulous performance bargain I think it is overpriced for its target audience.

Last edited by RobertSmith; 03-29-2017 at 08:01 AM.
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 AM   #285
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
All those compromises for aesthetics, and the Mustang still looks better to most.
Ew...the melted stick of butter? Let's not over exaggerate...

Low price, and brand recognition...gets it most sales this generation around...not it's mediocre styling, mediocre performance, or mediocre quality...
Old 03-29-2017, 08:07 AM   #286
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
When deciding that I wanted another coupe I never gave any consideration to the rear seats or the trunk. Honestly I can't tell you you that last time I Used the trunk of any of the cars I've owned. I pretty much make sure there is air in the spare tire once a month and forget about it.

As for looks. The Mustang is getting harder and harder to look at with each new generation with the current model being the worst I've seen to date and keep in mind that I've owned a bunch of the blue oval ponys over the years so I'm not biased against them.

Yes the 237 day supply sucks for GM but it's GOLD for us the consumer. I don't know that I could have bought my 50th without all of the dealer discounts and rebates just to get the cars off the lots.

Last edited by init4fun; 05-11-2017 at 09:22 PM.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:07 AM   #287
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
That's entirely subjective. There's quite of number of people who hate that front end, which is why they tweaked it for MY18.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #288
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
I for one am not feeling sorry for GM or Camaro/Corvette. It's all part of doing business. This isn't the first time a car manufacturer over-produced a model and it won't be the last time. Are you feeling guilty? Do you think it's your fault that you may have caused Camaro to go away? Get a grip. It's the nature of the beast. I love my Camaro 2SS, but if it goes away because not enough customers bought one, so be it.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #289
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Ew...the melted stick of butter? Let's not over exaggerate...

Low price, and brand recognition...gets it most sales this generation around...not it's mediocre styling, mediocre performance, or mediocre quality...
To be fair I think the S550 is easily the best looking Mustang to date and believe that does play a part in their sales, but it still doesn't come close to the price and brand recognition.

All that said the Stang is about to get an update in the right direction for performance and technology but at the same time a considerable step back in styling (and lots of Stang fan-boys agree here!) with the new refresh! So I wouldn't be surprised if we see the sales gap shrink soon.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #290
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
That's entirely subjective. There's quite of number of people who hate that front end, which is why they tweaked it for MY18.
Actually, the front end drop isn't for "looks". Quite frankly, a majority dislike how they incorporated the drop. It's my understanding that the intention was to address the aircraft carrier front sight line. It appears that Ford is trying to maintain sales on the current platform by making some changes that could have been deal breakers to buyers.

Improved sight lines
Improved interior materials
Improved dash (digital option)
Improved base suspension
Magneride options
Upgraded engine
Bump in Power/Torque
Bump in fuel economy
Upgraded manual transmission
Upgraded automatic transmission
Improved headlights (LED)

This all mind you on a mid model refresh. Ford has been killing it in the sales department, they want to maintain that momentum.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #291
wavsine
________/\_

Drives: Gen6 NGM RS
Send a message via Yahoo to wavsine
Quote:
That's like saying John Goodman is better looking than Scarlett Johansson.

Which begs the question, what have you been smoking?
wavsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #292
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Actually, the front end drop isn't for "looks". Quite frankly, a majority dislike how they incorporated the drop. It's my understanding that the intention was to address the aircraft carrier front sight line. It appears that Ford is trying to maintain sales on the current platform by making some changes that could have been deal breakers to buyers.

Improved sight lines
Improved interior materials
Improved dash (digital option)
Improved base suspension
Magneride options
Upgraded engine
Bump in Power/Torque
Bump in fuel economy
Upgraded manual transmission
Upgraded automatic transmission
Improved headlights (LED)

This all mind you on a mid model refresh. Ford has been killing it in the sales department, they want to maintain that momentum.
Yep I'm one of them. Could also have been to improve pedestrian impact performance, which is a big thing for EU markets. But it's also been said they took front end styling cues from the GT350, which looks much better in that department. Personally its front end sight lines aren't near as bad as the Challenger.

As far as added items that would be deal breakers, everyone one of those improvements are make it more competitive with the Camaro (save sight lines, interior materials and headlights). So Ford must still be concerned they won't hold the sales advantage without upping the features, which is a good thing to me.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #293
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Pedestrian impact performance? Who buys based on that? If I lived in the EU I might not have a car, and if I did, it would be some hot hatch. Pony cars are for the wide open spaces of North America or Australia.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #294
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
That's like saying John Goodman is better looking than Scarlett Johansson.

Which begs the question, what have you been smoking?
hahaha... yup
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote