Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #15
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Yay!! I bought mine right before graduation (burned through my signing bonus rather quickly) but it's a 2010 and puts a smile on my face

Look at the paint underneath the bumper for chipping, thats a TSB I think so they should fix it, other than that I can't really think of anything particular to these cars that you wouldn't be looking for already.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #16
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
The leather is definitely better than cloth, in my opinion. I have sat in both, and I have decided to go with a 2LT/RS myself! Glad you are finally getting active in the camaro community! Make sure you get the RS package though. Biggest bang for your buck.
RS= bang? Since when? It's only appearances! Lol. Granted its cheaper than doing OEM halos afterwards, but not a huge value if you're already looking at an SS.
Anyway, OP good luck with your search. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said, just that comment caught my attention

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 AM   #17
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
If you get leather, get heated ones if you can.
I don't think you can get leather without heated seats. It's a 2SS thing. 2SS gets you leather, heated seats, HUD (2011+), gauges, ABL.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #18
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
RS= bang? Since when? It's only appearances! Lol. Granted its cheaper than doing OEM halos afterwards, but not a huge value if you're already looking at an SS.
Anyway, OP good luck with your search. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said, just that comment caught my attention
What are you high on something? Half of your point made no sense and the other half was completely useless.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #19
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I tell you what, it was here in the States, but I was looking all around the country, kind of just for fun, for a low mileage clean '10 2SS/RS manual car that had been babied. I found a bunch for sale under 5000 miles. They were running about $30,000 US. Now that was six months ago. My point is there are some good cars available, just have to look for them.

I don't know how registration works up there, but if it were someone down here I'd advise to use the internet and look all over. This is the new age. And be patient. The right car will present itself.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #20
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Okay you know what I meant, it is a good value for what it is worth. Considering you get the better looking roof-ditch moulding, the body colored fin, the Halos, the tinted taillights, the nicer (imo) rims, spoiler if on a v6, and the nice little red emblems to tie it all together. Well worth the $1,400. Just makes it a little more cool than it already is!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #21
KCCO

Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS Stage 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Why don't you head south of the border and buy the car in the states?
Trust me I would but they cannot sell me a brand new SS in the states due to the fact i'll be bringing it back to Canada. I have searched ebay and autotrader and found a few SS/RS for 25-27K but I will have to pay shipping, GST&PST(10%) as well as having the car saftied and then putting a KM/H speedo in it, I'll probably end up paying the same if not more.
KCCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #22
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Welcome KCCO, good luck with your purchase. Chive on!
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
If you do get one from the states for a great deal dont think you need to change the speedo it does that with a push of a button by itself. - so mayne consider the possibility. Do you have to pay the shipping or cant you just drive it across?
there are some good/huge dealerships in the northwest of the states
Either way good luck and have fun looking-
Old 08-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCCO View Post
Hey guys. Been browsing this forum since 2009! After graduating last year and having a great job I will be looking at some Camaro's come Monday. Will be looking strictly at the SS model. I will be purchasing used as I cannot justify paying 45-50k for a brand new SS(Keep in mind I am in Canada, where the Camaro is built - yet we pay 6k-10k more )

I have found quite a few used 2010/2011's with low mileage (10-20k KM) for about 27-30k. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for on these model years other then doing a carfax (TSB's, faults in paint, alignment issues)? 1SS vs 2SS, is the leather really that much better than the cloth?
KCCO,

Congrats and I hope you find the perfect Camaro for you soon! Feel free to send me any VINs and I can possibly research any open recalls associated with the vehicle.

Best of luck,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
KCCO

Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS Stage 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
If you do get one from the states for a great deal dont think you need to change the speedo it does that with a push of a button by itself. - so mayne consider the possibility. Do you have to pay the shipping or cant you just drive it across?
there are some good/huge dealerships in the northwest of the states
Either way good luck and have fun looking-
Well I could fly down and drive it back, but i'll be paying sales tax when I bring it back, plus cost of flights/hotel/fuel..etc
KCCO is offline   Reply With Quote