Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 11-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I went to the dealership today, and they had about eight 14's, and the only one there worth owning was the 1LE, it looked fantastic!! The rest suck ass, they looked horrible....

I would own a 14 1LE, by far the best looking 14 I have seen.

The whole statement, that the other guys don't like it because they own a 10-13 is far off base it's ridicules... I could go buy a new Camaro right now if I wanted to, but the real truth is I like what I have better...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 11-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #30
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
I like everything about the 2014 except for the taillights, i dont hate them but I dont care for them,definitely not a deal breaker though. For every little thing that can be criticized on the camaro I think only 1 dislike is really good.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #31
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post

Why not offer the headlamp covers as an option rather than standard?

I'll ask the question again: have you ever seen a first gen Camaro where the headlamp doors align to the grille after 5 cycles?

I am one who LOVES the look of hide-away headlamps......but there's a reason why manufacturers don't offer them.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #32
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Challenger is sexy. Exterior is refined and definitely nothing out there on the road that looks like it.
And that may be your opinion.....

Perhaps I shouldn't say this...but look at the sales numbers -- and then take the fleet numbers out of the total sales numbers.........

Now - that said - make no mistake - there isn't a soul on "Team Camaro" that's sitting back on their laurels ..... many talented people working on many things...........
Old 11-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #33
2011RSLandon

Drives: '17 Camaro Fifty SS & 99 Camaro Z28
Personally, I absolutely LOVE the looks of the new 2014. In fact. If I buy an SS it will be a 2014. I have a 2011 RS and the thing I hate about the taillights is the chrome painted plastic looks nice but it doesn't fit extremely well and collects gunk around it. Once I realized the new tail lamps were retro to the 1st gen I liked them a whole lot more and I appreciate the LED upgrade. I really like how the front grill has a more "closed mouth" look to it. Seriously, Thank you for making a car I can truly be proud of... I feel bad for people that just drive a car and get no enjoyment out of it. I remember looking at the concept drawings of the 5th gen and thinking at age 23...back in 2006... "I'm going to work my way to get financially in a position that I can buy one when they come out. Now I have a black 2011 RS in my garage and STILL have my modded 1999 Z28 with only 75,000 on it.. now that car is my date night car with my wife. Have owned it for 10 years and baby it as if it were brand new. Scott, I just want to say thanks to you and your team that have passion in what you do. Because it translates to loyal people like me who will be loyal to the brand for life! the Camaro is much more than a car to me it's a companion. My uncle and I who also has a 5th Gen SS, always call our cars "the medicine cars" because there is something medicinal about driving them, no matter what kind of day you have had, they will make everything right!

Thanks Scott!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #34
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
2014 1LE I must say I love mine. Oh and if you want I can show you my tail lights. (haha)
Old 11-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #35
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Lastly - you mention that the 5th gen looks like the 1st gen. When the car was designed, it was designed as a modern sports coupe...with a few classic styling cues. I think that's the magic of the 5th gen.......for old guys like me, we see the classic styling cues....while younger buyers don't see a retro-car ......rather, they see a 'kick-butt' looking car that turns heads no matter where you go. ........
I had to comment on this.

I get annoyed when people describe the 5th gen as "retro". Nope....to me its a modern sports couple with hard chiseled lines that happens to throw in some of the ques that made the original so damn popular, and I feel like Chevrolet should continue on with these design ques into the next gen car.

Throwing heritage into a design does not automatically make it retro in my eyes. Do people consider modern Porsches to be "retro"?? Heck no they don't! Yet that car has retained the same basic styling for decades. Some designs, through evolution can remain iconic, and I feel the 5th gen hit that right on the head. The car is just nearly perfect in its styling in my opinion.

Man I hope that GM can hit the design on the head again for the next generation. But if I had to be honest, part of me would be relieved if they didn't....b/c that means I don't have to find some way to save up money again for a car and convince my wife why I need it. lol.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #36
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
The 2014 1LE does look the best of the 14s, however the back end design could use some help. Its almost like car design is taking into account you'll be in a fender bender.

Even the movie makers couldn't figure out what to do with the back end of the "new" Bumblebee. But this is slightly better than the production cars....
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #37
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
International Race of Champions......had it on the side of my 89. IMO, the Fbody Trans Am looked better as the actual race car. I cant remember if Dodge had the rights to use the badging before or after GM.
Porshe was the first IROC cars, then the Camaro, then the Dodge Daytona then the Firebird Trans-Am. I think that is all that were used as I remember. But only the Camaro and Dodge Daytona actually had IROC badged cars.

To answer the OP's question if changing it was a good thing, I say yes. Mainly because the exterior basically was the same for 4 years while the Mustang had two cosmetic upgrades during that same time period. Sales were starting to tail off some so a refresh was due to maybe entice buyers that were not quite in love with the original design. Remember many of the changes were also functional changes from things learned on the racetrack.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #38
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
..still cannot overlook that hideously designed '14 tail-end, which can be mistaken for a challenger's rear end, but not earlier models.
Yep, just hideous....

Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #39
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Yep, just hideous....

Old 12-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #40
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Fact, the non RS 2014 taillights look more like original 1st gen '69 taillights than anything else from 2010-14, including the '14 RS taillights.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Since we have added quite a few new members that have bought 14's and even some old members have bought them not everyone thinks they are ugly..
Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #42
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
At first, the upper grille upset me, but I have grown to like it. Keep in mind that I drive a 2011 and am eagerly seeking to swap for a VR Heritage Grille because I prefer that style and find the giant bow tie gaudy. Aside from a grille that I would have replaced anyway, I really like the changes. The lower grille is functional and larger. The hood has a functional vent. The non-functional mail slot, though cosmetically attractive, is appropriately gone. The tail lights are LED and awesome. I also agree with the decision to move up the diffuser. The folks at Chevy who worked on these upgrades and more should be commended for carefully selecting upgrades that were primarily function and don't take away from the best parts of the Camaro, like the rear quarters, low appearance, and modern-retro appeal.
warn 145:159 ban

Closed Thread