Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #29
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Are these deals out there just to clear out the '16 inventory? Seems to me that selling a car for 7k under MSRP has got to be a loss for the dealer unless there's tons of kickback from GM.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #30
inramana
rawpoly

Drives: Hyper blue 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by central limit View Post
At best, an equivalent (A8) 1SS is another $10k on top of the OP's find. That is a fantastic deal, as good or maybe even better than $22k for the V6 for those with the disposable income, no other debt, ahead of schedule on nest egg, etc. For many of us though, where the LGX is more than sufficient performance, the difference is not justified.

V6 Accord coupes are also going for around $32k; maybe that's worthwhile for the right buyer, but the Camaro (with any engine) has huge upsides over the Accord for many of us. Out of curiosity, would a V8 Accord, if it existed, be a smarter purchase than a 1SS for $42k?

Regarding the huge hit: it's a $22k purchase. If a V6 1LT loses say, 50% of its value in 4 years based on $29k MSRP, that would yield a value of $14,500, or a loss of $7k from the OP's purchase price. Would a 1SS do much better in 4 years than a $7k loss? In the meantime, the higher purchase price of the 1SS means that the buyer either floated more to purchase the car or paid more in finance charges by carrying a larger balance.

OP, I'm sure you've been through the thought process already. Either the 1SS or the 1LT are terrific choices for various reasons. The V6 1LT is a solid buy at MSRP, and a ridiculous deal at $8k off.
Also- http://jalopnik.com/a-basic-2016-che...ing-1745827833
This precisely encapsulates why the V6 is awesome.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Are these deals out there just to clear out the '16 inventory? Seems to me that selling a car for 7k under MSRP has got to be a loss for the dealer unless there's tons of kickback from GM.
kickbacks.