Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2016, 08:18 AM   #15
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
And you let these hosers in your car because why?...worthless with out pics really, and nobody gets in my friggin car with out me being there. and yes things like the rivets on your pants jean pockets scratch the edge of the bolsters getting in and out repeatedly.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:42 AM   #16
AP90

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Ya know, I think it's crap when people damage something and don't take responsibility for it. These people should just fess up and pay for the damages. Honestly, around my area, which is pretty rural, it never seems like anyone has a problem like this. Or at least anyone I know never experiences it.

Now, to my last point. I hope I'm never as anal to the point as some of you people that I "don't let anyone in my car/touch it without me being there." Good lord people, it's just a car. I understand the desire to keep something pristine and that you've invested a lot of money into it, I have too. But to my thinking, it's just a car. When I bought mine, I had to force people to drive it. Then I kept getting the whole, I'm scared, if I wreck it you'll hate me. Nope, I'll say $&*t happens and turn it into insurance. That's why I buy it. I know people who barely take the car out of garages. Then look at me and are like why do you drive it so much and put that much mileage on it. Because it's just a car.

My goal here wasn't to offend people, but to maybe get some people to realize that things are going to happen. You'll live a much more stress free life if you don't sweat the small stuff. Put it into this perspective, were on here bitching about getting a scratch on a seat, wheels, doors, ect. And these are our problems. My sister just got back from India for the 3rd time doing mission work with women in sex slavery who have been rescued. When I hear the stories she has, I'm just thankful that God has blessed me with the opportunities to enjoy my life. So I don't sweat the small things. So OP, I think you'd benefit more from just letting it go and accepting it happened, and you can't change it now except to fix it yourself or leave it.
AP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #17
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP90 View Post
Ya know, I think it's crap when people damage something and don't take responsibility for it. These people should just fess up and pay for the damages. Honestly, around my area, which is pretty rural, it never seems like anyone has a problem like this. Or at least anyone I know never experiences it.

Now, to my last point. I hope I'm never as anal to the point as some of you people that I "don't let anyone in my car/touch it without me being there." Good lord people, it's just a car. I understand the desire to keep something pristine and that you've invested a lot of money into it, I have too. But to my thinking, it's just a car. When I bought mine, I had to force people to drive it. Then I kept getting the whole, I'm scared, if I wreck it you'll hate me. Nope, I'll say $&*t happens and turn it into insurance. That's why I buy it. I know people who barely take the car out of garages. Then look at me and are like why do you drive it so much and put that much mileage on it. Because it's just a car.

My goal here wasn't to offend people, but to maybe get some people to realize that things are going to happen. You'll live a much more stress free life if you don't sweat the small stuff. Put it into this perspective, were on here bitching about getting a scratch on a seat, wheels, doors, ect. And these are our problems. My sister just got back from India for the 3rd time doing mission work with women in sex slavery who have been rescued. When I hear the stories she has, I'm just thankful that God has blessed me with the opportunities to enjoy my life. So I don't sweat the small things. So OP, I think you'd benefit more from just letting it go and accepting it happened, and you can't change it now except to fix it yourself or leave it.
I think you blew this all out of proportion the OP is just looking for advice to repair the damages done by a service.
Everyone has their own opinions, and I disagree with yours. Turning into insurance, really? I work hard for what I have and you bet you A** I will be protecting my assets when I turn my keys over to anyone.
68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #18
AP90

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
I think you blew this all out of proportion the OP is just looking for advice to repair the damages done by a service.
Everyone has their own opinions, and I disagree with yours. Turning into insurance, really? I work hard for what I have and you bet you A** I will be protecting my assets when I turn my keys over to anyone.
I'm not saying the OP was making a huge deal of it. But there were people commenting about how it's a lesson learned to not let anyone else touch your car. And no, I wouldn't turn the seats into insurance, I was speaking about if someone wrecked my car.
AP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
Rulerof52

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Here are the photos of the damage some of you were asking for.

And get this. I have a dash cam in my car that records when the car is turned on (to protect my liability). I combed through the video (which shoots out the windsheid from the cabin) and what do i find? Footage that clearly shows one of the guys with keys hanging out of his pocket at the exact place it would scratch my seats. Clear as day.

I know the best thing for me to do would be to cough up the money and get it fixed. It's not like it's a lot of money to me. But its the ethics of it, you know? So frustrating.
Rulerof52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:59 PM   #20
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulerof52 View Post
Here are the photos of the damage some of you were asking for.

And get this. I have a dash cam in my car that records when the car is turned on (to protect my liability). I combed through the video (which shoots out the windsheid from the cabin) and what do i find? Footage that clearly shows one of the guys with keys hanging out of his pocket at the exact place it would scratch my seats. Clear as day.

I know the best thing for me to do would be to cough up the money and get it fixed. It's not like it's a lot of money to me. But its the ethics of it, you know? So frustrating.
Real nice...What is wrong with them? I don't have money to fix other peoples mistakes.
That should be good enough evidence for you to take to them. Do they come back to service other cars? If they do I would speak to them about it.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #21
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulerof52 View Post
So my work offered me a free car wash as today was my last day. Apparently two guys show up once a week at my workplace to wash cars, and several employees take them up on it for cash. They have been coming for eight years. They work independently and not for my company. We don't have any contracts with them.
So I hand over my keys, get them back at the end of the day. Walk over to my car, open the door, and see scratches on my seat. I was livid. I called them up and they came back to look at the damage, and they said it was impossible that they scratched the seat, showing me their towels and stuff. But I am sure those scratches weren't there when I gave them the keys.
You know your car inside and out, right? I do too. I know if the smallest thing looks or sounds any different than it did the last time I saw my car. I keep it f****** spotless, never have trash, never allow drinks, wash once a week, the whole deal. I know they scratched my seats. The guys walked away as I was still talking to them and left.

The question is, what can I do about it now? I had a coworker sign a quick statement saying that he has ridden with me recently and didn't see scratches, and that he saw them right when I did also. Should I go to small claims court? I have no idea how to reconcile this.

Thanks in advance.

(EDIT - updated with photos)
Your screwed you have no proof that they did that damage , lesson learned ,,,if you care about your car never let anyone wash it . I would suggest you get some nice seat covers and forget about it .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #22
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post
How do you scratch a seat? Pics please.
I'd like to see pics myself.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #23
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
My old next door neighbor did interior work and told me how great leather dye is. Maybe the dye wound hide the scratches. No idea how much it would cost to get the scratched panels replaced. Worth a shot...

I assume this is a lesson learned, as with everything in life. Doesn't make it suck any less, but it is what it is. Fortunately this shouldn't be too expensive of a lesson. Years ago I asked a kid that worked for me if he could run across the street and buy some lunch. Long story short, he had no license or insurance and hit a car in the parking lot. Half of my deductible to learn that lesson.

Good luck.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #24
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
But you do have video of a detailer with a wad of keys on his left side?

Detailer with keys hanging on his hip. Must have been his first day. I would take the footage to the detailer.
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #25
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Detailer with keys hanging on his hip. Must have been his first day. I would take the footage to the detailer.

This guy isn't a detailer. Car wash hack is more like it

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #26
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
Leather seats can be scratched pretty easily. My daughter caught my passenger seat with a ruler sticking out of her backpack. Not bad but you can see where the edge of the ruler was run across the seat back for a few inches.
I also noticed that when i get in and out of my recaros with jeans that have a stupid rivet on the pocket corner i feel it dragging on the seat and sure enough when i looked at the seat i see minor scratches
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #27
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
This guy isn't a detailer. Car wash hack is more like it

Ryan
Yes a true detailer that has any experence would not have a belt buckle on or anything that will scratch a car
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #28
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:

Take your video to the business owner or manager. Let him know it's a matter of principal with you. Explain to him it will cost less to get this fixed, rather than having to pay for the repair and legal fees, plus the cost of an angry customer.

If he doesn't bite, go pay the $25 and file a complaint with small claims. Also rip them on Yelp, Google and the BBB. It will cost him far more than doing the right thing, and you have given others the "heads up" on this crap company.