Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #197
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGreyConvertible View Post
I like how this thread went from everyone discussing insurance policies to capital punishment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
capital punishment??? I don't think anyone has suggested the death penalty...
I believe he meant to say "Corporal Punishment". BTW, I got my ass beat one time by my Dad with a leather belt. It tightened me right up. Thank you Dad for implementing discipline into our lives.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #198
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Being fat or dumb really doesn't have much to do with genetics. Sure there are people that have a lower metabolism but no one is predisposed to being 300 lbs. Barring mental retardation intelligence isn't genetic either.

Dumb parents begetting dumb children and fat parents begetting fat children is a problem of nurture, not nature. The parents are passing down their habits to their children. If the parents constantly overeat the children will too. If the parents waste away in front of TV all day the children will too.

So sure, it's much more likely that these parents will have children that are fat or dumb or whatever, it's not genetics.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #199
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
Someone did say they would kill those kids but I'm sure they didn't mean it literally. I hope not anyway....
I think he really meant Corporal punishment AKA Spanking...
Old 05-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #200
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
This thread is getting out of hand, Mods please.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #201
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Being fat or dumb really doesn't have much to do with genetics. Sure there are people that have a lower metabolism but no one is predisposed to being 300 lbs. Barring mental retardation intelligence isn't genetic either.

Dumb parents begetting dumb children and fat parents begetting fat children is a problem of nurture, not nature. The parents are passing down their habits to their children. If the parents constantly overeat the children will too. If the parents waste away in front of TV all day the children will too.

So sure, it's much more likely that these parents will have children that are fat or dumb or whatever, it's not genetics.
No it's a problem of both nurture and nature. I never said that genetics was the only factor, but people who doubt it's significance are fooling themselves.

Of note as well is that I have been speaking about IQ which has nothing to do with education. However, it does have everything to do with human's ability to learn.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #202
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWood-SS View Post
thye should be tried as adults for such a sinister and relentless crime against CamaroKind.

Seriously though, insurance should cover that.
Minus the deductible on the car.

Minus the devaluing of the car.

Minus any future defects due to knockoff parts and/or inferior paint.

Minus your insurance premiums increasing.

There is just so much fallout.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:27 AM   #203
elektrik

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Some might recall that a piece of crotchfruit recently threw a handful of rocks at my Camaro.
crotchfruit! You said crotchfruit! Priceless!!!!

elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #204
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post

Old 05-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #205
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
There are genetic predispositions to conditions that caused reduced "intelligence", but there is no genetic predisposition to being stupid. That's entirely nurture.

So if you want to argue that these kids were autistic or something, sure, you'd have a case. But you're not, so you don't.

It's a no win argument. No more thread jacking. Hope your car gets fixed man.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #206
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Some might recall that a piece of crotchfruit recently threw a handful of rocks at my Camaro.
You officially win the internet for 2015. Crotchfruit...hahahahahahahaha! Good stuff man...good stuff!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #207
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
These kids that destroyed his car are going to grow up and have the same attitudes as people rioting in Baltimore with parents not giving a fuk.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #208
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
It's actually more like this;

1. Those who think spanking is child abuse and that talking to your kids will always solve the problem.

2. Those who noticed that the kid’s family is more than likely the root cause of the problem due to not properly disciplining their children which may involve talking to them, time out and or spanking.

I already said I got plenty of spankings and I deserved every one of them. With that said I never had to spank my kids. Time outs and warnings seemed to work with them but would it have work for me.....nope, the ass busting worked though.

Every kid is different.

Does it mean that spanking will always work? Nope, but that is why we have detention centers. Once everything else has failed. Whether they are child or adult you put them someplace where they can no longer harm anyone else or their property until they "get it".
well said!

I got some well deserved slaps, shoes over the head, metal ladle over head, hit with a rake or shovel, that was just from mom. Dad stuck with the tried and true dope slap or if you really F'ed up the BELT. I used to hope the old man would go over the top with the physical stuff because then the punishment wasnt so bad. He was a master punisher when he said 2 weeks no tv no video games no friends over he had it down to the hour if you broke it add a week and he never ever caved in on it. So if he got a little over bored with the physical he would feel guilty and give a lot lighter punishment usually only few days or nothing at all.

Last edited by trashmanssd; 05-01-2015 at 12:11 PM.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #209
zissophiss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
These kids that destroyed his car are going to grow up and have the same attitudes as people rioting in Baltimore with parents not giving a fuk.
Totally agree. Now we have set a precedent that if you don't like something then riot and you may have a better outcome. There are probably a lot of good cops out there afraid to do their jobs anymore for fear of mob justice.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

zissophiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #210
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
man I love Chinese food
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote