Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
DocKevin

Drives: '10 Malibu, '97 'Stang Convertible
It'll be a while, but getting Camaro this Winter

So, I wasn't really sure what to title the topic. I do officially own a Camaro at the moment, but I will be getting one around January/February of next Spring (possibly as early as this December, but not as likely). I'm looking at getting a silver (maybe white) 2LT with the RS package and sunroof in automatic. I would like the SS I'm sure, but I don't need the premium gas, don't need the extra cost, and have plenty of other toys laying around and as for the automatic, I drive around 70-80miles each day and just want to press the pedal for my daily driver.

I'm currently driving a 2010 Malibu LT and a 1997 Mustang Convertible (V6, but plenty of mods to it). I've owned a Camaro before (also a 1997, just the base, in Teal), a 2000 Corvette (before getting t-boned...), and also a 1985 Firebird (heavily modded, family was original owner(s) and still is/are).

I've been reading these forums for probably about a week or so and while I know it will be a while before I get my Camaro, I know it's what I'm getting, so I figured I would go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Kevin and I'll be graduating college next Spring, heading into medical school to become a physician and I currently work for Apple as a sales rep for local military bases.

So, hopefully I'll be able to see some cool Camaros and get some ideas on what to mod. I usually only last a few months before getting the modding bug

Last edited by DocKevin; 03-15-2011 at 01:04 PM.
DocKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
it was about this time last year I decided I wanted to get a camaro, the plan was to wait a whole year and order one in january or febuary and have it for spring, then I test drove one and I decided I could not wait, the option I had was to buy used if I could find any. Luck had it I found one about an hour or so from my house. It wasn't the c,olor I wanted but it was there and it was cheeper than any other used one I could find on the east coast with the lowest milage to boot. Decided I wanted to own one and took the plunge. a year is a long time to wait. don't regret getting her!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
DocKevin

A year is indeed a long time to wait! However, I set a few goals for myself since I know med school will suck up a lot of my money. So, I told myself, "Self, get to x dollars set aside for your apartment. Then, get to x dollars for car payments to cover a whole year. Then, get to x dollars to make your payments x amount. Then, buy the Camaro as a graduation present to yourself!" So far, I've got the money to cover my apartment, most of the money to cover car payments for a whole year (knowing work will be shut off during med school and only income will be aid/scholarships).

We'll see if I can wait, but I also think the "Wow!" factor of it being tied to my graduation will be nice (and I want to see what the 2012's have to offer, if anything different)
Old 03-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Dude, it's hella worth the wait, however long that may be...
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
DocKevin

Not sure how to change the title, but Camaro5 and reading even just over the past few days has changed my plans... I'm thinking more around the November/December mark of this year is when I'll be getting the Camaro. I doubt I'll be able to pull the funds to go much sooner, but every time I'm on here it makes me want to run to the dealer and get it.

I don't know what this face really means, but this is how I feel trying to hold it in:
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
I'm planning to hold off the rest of this year. Too much debt to pay down.

News leaks about 2013 model options should be appearing by late this year, and could nudge me to hold out even longer, if there's something that sounds important to get.

My current car runs fine, the A/C works. I'm a "late adopter" as they say in marketing.
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
dahulk

Drives: '11 RS SYNERGY GREEN, 09 Corvette
Send a message via Yahoo to dahulk
welcome buddy