Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-03-2016, 01:20 AM   #239
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Bravo another V6 guy justifying/explaining to strangers why he opted for a V6.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:25 AM   #240
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
Bravo another V6 guy justifying/explaining to strangers why he opted for a V6.
nothing wrong owning a v6..but you dont own the real deal and never will.
i had a v6 mustang for a short while..everyone kinda took the piss.
never make that mistake again..

nothing wrong owning a v6 if u just need a car to get you from A TO B. but if like most of us here your a car nut then owning a v6 was the wrong car for you.
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:58 AM   #241
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
[QUOTE=Tenacity;9237583] The only BUTT HURT people I see in this thread are the V8 guys who consistently spit out mis-information and GROSS exaggerations about the importance of particular "performance" aspects to car owners that DON'T drag race lol.

I totally agree with you. All I see is a bunch of V8 owners talking down to V6 guys saying how our car isn't a real muscle car and that will never make it into the club. People can laugh and make fun of me all they want for buying a V6, but at the end of the day I'm happy with what I bought. And I'm so glad I will never be in this so called club, wouldn't want to hang around with those kind of people
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:06 AM   #242
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
[QUOTE=Cenafan85;9237721]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
The only BUTT HURT people I see in this thread are the V8 guys who consistently spit out mis-information and GROSS exaggerations about the importance of particular "performance" aspects to car owners that DON'T drag race lol.

I totally agree with you. All I see is a bunch of V8 owners talking down to V6 guys saying how our car isn't a real muscle car and that will never make it into the club. People can laugh and make fun of me all they want for buying a V6, but at the end of the day I'm happy with what I bought. And I'm so glad I will never be in this so called club, wouldn't want to hang around with those kind of people
Im not sure what this club is you speak of. Im sure Im not part of it either. But a V6 Camaro is not a Muscle in the pure sense of the word. Really neither are the V8's. Muscle cars died a very long time ago. But, back in that day a muscle car wasn't considered a muscle car until it got a big motor dropped in it. There were no V6 muscle cars. Are there V6's that outperform muscle cars? Sure, including yours. That doesn't make them muscle cars. Don't get upset about the lack of a title. Just enjoy it for what it is.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:20 AM   #243
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I think everyone should just enjoy the car whether it's a V6 or V8. Not sure why people have to bash each other over which engine you have
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:06 AM   #244
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Who can argue with a guy who thinks 24's look good on a Camaro?
I gotta say.... forgetting about all the crazy stuff Tenacity has said, those do 24's look nasty (not in a good way). But I guess it's better than driving an import around with a fart can.

I do think there's some truth to the stuff Tenacity is saying. I do like when people compliment the car and stop to ask about it. I'm just too old to be trying to impress the girls with it and my age and point in life has allowed me to buy the V8. If I was younger, and i'm assuming Tenacity is, I too would have likely gone with the V6 due to budget and great looks (but I would have wanted the V8). And I would have been trying to impress the girls. I just wouldn't have stuck those god awful rims on it

Nah, who am I kidding. I'm just trying to agree with him so we can keep this post heading towards a 50 pager

J
Old 08-03-2016, 07:22 AM   #245
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Im not sure what this club is you speak of.
Are you following the thread? The club that he's referring to is what the V8 troll Drew PeaCOCK mentioned here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
the v6 will never ever buy iu nto the muscle car club. you go to car meets no body will take u seriously unless u have the v8 look the bmws1000rr destroys any harley on performance. but people that buy a harley buy into the lifestyle that goes with that bike..
same with the v8..once you own the v8 u are in that club..
Oh yeah man....I feel so left out . I'm not going to be accepted into the "car club". Please allow me a moment to find the time to give a damn.

Quote:
But a V6 Camaro is not a Muscle in the pure sense of the word.
And no V6 guy IN THIS THREAD said it was. I'm the loudest mouth V6 guy in this thread and literally over and over, I've said the V6 was a pony car. A pony car is just a highly styled car with a sporty image.

Guys who buy V6 Camaros only just want the looks for DAILY DRIVING, we don't care about the additional performance upgrades or the bigger engine. We damn sure don't care about Drew PeaCOCK's car club

Quote:
Really neither are the V8's. Muscle cars died a very long time ago.
And if you follow this thread, I ALSO said that as well lol! I said that there's a large number of people that do not believe any of the modern day Camaros, Challengers, Chargers or Mustangs are muscle cars........they are all ponies, no matter the package.

Talking about "butt-hurt", I'm sure that really makes the V8 guys in this thread pissed off that they spent another $15k for a "muscle car" that's not even really a "muscle car", but just a PONY like my package is lol.

Quote:
nothing wrong owning a v6..but you dont own the real deal and never will.
Haa, the "real deal" Drew PeaCOCK says.

So all of us V6 Camaro guys are driving a Chinese knock-off version of the Camaro? Chevy didn't make the V6, oh no! We went out and bought the V6 from some Chinese replica website where they got a bunch of Camaro units, took the V8 out, slapped a V6 in it, and said we can have it shipped to our door for a fraction of the V8 package price! All we have to do is pay them right now through Western Union!

Most of you V8 guys on this website say some of the stupidest shyt I've ever seen! Literally no logic or common sense whatsoever lol.

You V8 guys should be thanking me and the vast majority of CAMARO OWNERS AND DRIVERS in the United States (V6 guys) because without us, there's no V8 option. Hey Drew PeaCOCK, I would really love to see who the fvck would be driving the quote, unquote "real Camaro" if there were NO damn Camaros being manufactured at ALL, because if only the OVERKILL V8 option were available, then NOBODY would buy that shyt, just like NOBODY buys that shyt right now when you look at the very low V8 sales lol.

Hey Drew PeaCOCK, if the V8 was so much THE SHYT as you say it is buddy, there would be no V6 option. Chevy has to keep the V6 Technology and keep improving it every year, as well as introduce a damn V4 option, because NOBODY buys that V8 shyt! Look at V8 sales, I'm not lying to you dude. Matter of fact, call around to most dealerships, you rarely even find a dealership that keeps a V8 option on the floor.

Again, all of this information are FACTS man, I know you don't like that lol. But go ahead butt hurt V8 guys and respond with more personal attacks, Youtube videos, lame Jeff Foxworthy knock-off jokes, exaggerations, and mis-information. And TENACITY will keep embarassing you with more facts to make you continually look/sound stupid .
Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:25 AM   #246
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Who can argue with a guy who thinks 24's look good on a Camaro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
You obviously don't get the fact that 24s turn your muscle car into a track beast on any road course. Simply by rubbing against your wheel wells, they limit body roll. I suggest you do some research before attacking people with 24s. Not cool sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I gotta say.... forgetting about all the crazy stuff Tenacity has said, those do 24's look nasty (not in a good way).
No racial slurs being thrown, but this is only something that white boys on the internet say lol. Hey....just saying . I'm BLACK, we ride on 22s or 24s, deal with it lol.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:31 AM   #247
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
nothing wrong with a v6 dude..nothing at all..but if your car means a lot to you and your proud to show it off ect you need to own a v8...
like i said i had a v6 mustang and got tired of all the twats saying oh why you buy a v6..many jealous people in this world dude..once you own a v8 it shuts them all up..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #248
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Once again.....whether you are aware of it or NOT, most of everything that we do on a daily basis is to "please or look good" in front of other people. It's just a fact man, it starts from the time you wake up out of the bed in the morning to brush your teeth, bathe, and fix your appearance. The bulk of that is being done so you "look good" in front of other people.
You brush your teeth and bathe to please other people? You got some serious issues there kiddo, I wont even go into how incredibly wrong that is.

I have a gf that I've been with for 6 years, 99% of the girls out there walking around right now don't hold a candle to her.
She's gorgeous, finishing up her Master's degree in Nursing, she's already been an RN for over a year, we have no kids together and she makes $35 an hr, trust me... I don't need to look good for anyone but her, none of these girls in their early / mid 20's come close to her.

I don't hand wash my Camaro to look good for people, I do it because it looks good to Dmpsix and that's all that matters. If I wanted to look good in front of people, I'd be copying what celebrities wear and get some plastic surgery, that's what posers would do.

If I wanted to keep my car clean to look good to others, then I'd take it through a POS $5 car wash and say "Hey, no one else will know the difference, and all that matters is what THEY think."

lol.. again, you're wrong on so many levels.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #249
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
No racial slurs being thrown, but this is only something that white boys on the internet say lol. Hey....just saying . I'm BLACK, we ride on 22s or 24s, deal with it lol.
I have to say 22 and 24s are cool in someway. Hell Lebron has a Camaro on 24s LOL. But would I ever put them on my car? NOPE... Its all about how you use your car. Just like lifted trucks, I love off-roading so I have a mild lift with 35s on 17s. Some people love to show off and build a mall crawler, so they have stretched mud tires on 14" wide 20s and CALI stance. That's fine, they are still cool to look at. So I wouldn't bash on Tenacity's 24s, I respect his choice.

Last edited by Freddy G; 08-03-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:45 AM   #250
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You brush your teeth and bathe to please other people? You got some serious issues there kiddo, I wont even go into how incredibly wrong that is.

I have a gf that I've been with for 6 years, 99% of the girls out there walking around right now don't hold a candle to her.
She's gorgeous, finishing up her Master's degree in Nursing, she's already been an RN for over a year, we have no kids together and she makes $35 an hr, trust me... I don't need to look good for anyone but her, none of these girls in their early / mid 20's come close to her.

I don't hand wash my Camaro to look good for people, I do it because it looks good to Dmpsix and that's all that matters. If I wanted to look good in front of people, I'd be copying what celebrities wear and get some plastic surgery, that's what posers would do.

If I wanted to keep my car clean to look good to others, then I'd take it through a POS $5 car wash and say "Hey, no one else will know the difference, and all that matters is what THEY think."

lol.. again, you're wrong on so many levels.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:47 AM   #251
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:

Hey Drew PeaCOCK, if the V8 was so much THE SHYT as you say it is buddy, there would be no V6 option. Chevy has to keep the V6 Technology and keep improving it every year, as well as introduce a damn V4 option, because NOBODY buys that V8 shyt! Look at V8 sales, I'm not lying to you dude. Matter of fact, call around to most dealerships, you rarely even find a dealership that keeps a V8 option on the floor.
A V4 option!? I mean, really, this is how you destroy your credibility with this crowd - you're just not a car guy amidst a site full of car guys. Saying stuff like that proves it up and down.

You're a "look at me" guy - you've clearly expressed that. No problem, you got the right car for the job.

Again, with the SS and everything that comes along with it, if somebody has to explain to you why it's so awesome, then you're just not going get it. Which is fine, you don't have to. But don't expect folks here to just let it go when you say the 6cyl version is just as much car and just as awesome as what they have. It's not - it's fine if you wanna get looks, but if you want as much driving experience as possible, the SS is the way to go. I gather you could care less about driving experience, but most of us here have a Camaro because that's important to us, and shapes the feedback you're getting here.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:52 AM   #252
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Quote:
nothing wrong with a v6 dude..nothing at all..but if your car means a lot to you and your proud to show it off ect you need to own a v8...
Says WHO Drew? The people in this "club" you are referring to lol? I'm giving you my personal feedback from the field right now....and I can't leave out any day without another compliment. I get compliments out of the a.ss, lots of stares, and chicks like it.

So I don't know why I shouldn't be proud of the car Drew lol, the car did everything I wanted it to do (I listed my criteria on another page for buying a car) all within my budget of less than $22,000.

Quote:
like i said i had a v6 mustang and got tired of all the twats saying oh why you buy a v6..many jealous people in this world dude..once you own a v8 it shuts them all up..
I'm sorry, but that's just lame Drew. It's not your fault or MY fault that some people are just IGNORANT when it comes to modern day V6 Technology, IGNORANT when it comes to the history of the Camaro having V6s in them, and IGNORANT when it comes to the real requirements for a daily driver car.

As much as I'm called out in this thread for "doing something to please other people", I do not go overboard with this quest number one, and number two, I'm not trying to please EVERYBODY, just a certain "group".

Basically, if the general population thinks the car "looks nice" and if chicks think it looks nice/sexy, then that's all I fvcking care about lol.

I don't care what a Car enthusiast club thinks, because I'm not a car enthusiast, I don't race, I don't go to car shows, so their opinion is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You brush your teeth and bathe to please other people?
Yes....helloooo? Obviously, practicing good hygiene has become a personal WANT for me, but we don't come into the world like that. WE are TAUGHT to practice good hygiene, not wear too much cologne, not to have a body odor, etc., because it makes OTHER PEOPLE uncomfortable.