Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #29
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
So what would be your recommendations on the ZL1 setup with an upgraded double pass heat exchanger? Is there any modifications that would be substantial in improving the performance of this system?
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #30
jrh@lpe

Drives: anything
recommendation

The first thing I would do is find out what my pump out pressure is with the existing system (ZL1 pump and what ever heat exchanger you have).

The ZR1 pump is probably the easiest high performance replacement for a ZL1 Camaro since it is designed for the same size hoses and is about the same size but that is a fairly expensive pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post
So what would be your recommendations on the ZL1 setup with an upgraded double pass heat exchanger? Is there any modifications that would be substantial in improving the performance of this system?
jrh@lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #31
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
My thought is to go with a ZR1 pump, coolerlogic heat exchanger, and LPE coolant resevoir. Makes sense?
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #32
Ivoidwarranties

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Hope you don't mind Jason.... but felt the need to post up pics of the great product. This had not been installed on an SS yet.... and the install went great. LPE even has harnesses for the Camaro, CSTV, ZL1 which incorporates a connector for an option that I'll let Jason explain when the time is appropriate. The only change I made was to add a elongated sliced piece of 3/4" coolant hose about 3" long to isolate the lower worm clamp from the frame. I was able to reuse the existing screw from the Bosch pump and added the second screw after locating the exact same hardware at a local Ace hardware. The pump has a really nice rubber isolator and is quite, brushless, and no shaft seal that can eventually leak like some of the competitors. Flow inside the LPE 1 gal reservoir is noticeably faster when viewing with the cap off too. What I really like about the 1 gal reservoir is it give a chance for any bubbles to float to the top, before getting instantly sucked right back into the system.
How are you controlling your Varimax pump without PWM? Is there a way to get it to max speed all the time? With just power and ground it defaults to 2500rpm.
Thanks.
Ivoidwarranties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #33
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
someone has to question stuff like this that get posted up. Lingenfelter never post on this forum and then come with a big post like this, why would anyone give free information there is no such thing as a free lunch.

The fact that the word Meziere was not once mentioned in the OP tells that there is a conflict between LPE and Meziere and based on what I know Meziere are one of the ****iest companies you can ever deal with.

From the instant I read the word "common 20gpm pump" I knew that LPE was gonna drop the H bomb on Meziere hence I used the word "biased".

LPE are standup guys and ive dealt with them in the past and will do so in the future, but I would like to see this test done by someone else that is totally unbiased to any of the products listed above and is not a vendor of any. Hard to find someone willing to do the test? No and if this gets too far I will make someone test all those pumps just for the hell of it

ADM, LPE's close friend drops the bomb on two other vendors selling those pumps one of which is obviously Torq. Torq claimed they saw a significant drop in inlet temps with the 55gpm pump and said they did extensive research on that pump. LPE says the opposite, someone has to be wrong here which brings be back to the reason I question vendor claims.
LPE has posted lots of info on products in the past and never have I thought they give info based on what they sell to just push sales. I have talked a lot with these guys on the phone and at the track and they have always been very open and honest with everything. They are one of the few companies that really are here to help the community and share info that they have learned and it is greatly appreciated. Thanks LPE
Old 11-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #34
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
LPE has posted lots of info on products in the past and never have I thought they give info based on what they sell to just push sales. I have talked a lot with these guys on the phone and at the track and they have always been very open and honest with everything. They are one of the few companies that really are here to help the community and share info that they have learned and it is greatly appreciated. Thanks LPE
That is why we are the Largest reseller of LPE products in the World
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #35
Reelgrinder

Drives: 2016 SS
Does the pump flow the same at idle as it does at WOT? Or another way to put it.. Does it flow the same when the coolant is all temperatures? Is there a brai/cpu used to speed up or decell the pump?

Leads to me to think the age old questions flow to fast the exchanger doesn't have enough time to cool properly, flow to slow and heat builds to were the exchanger can keep up.

So what is the correct flow number? these systems really shouldn't be building pressure so we should focus on flow.. Correct?

So for a stock ZL1 exchanger, Eforce exchanger, or an Afco dual or rebranded LPE what flow rate should we shoot for? and should we test flow after the intercooler, after the pump or before the intercooler?

Who gives a hoot about brand or size.. just give us a flow number on were the exchanger performs its best at and where to check it at. I'm sure a heat gun or sending unit was used to test for max efficiency and a valve on the return line can be used to change flow numbers.
Reelgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intercooler pump flow zl1