Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Hurricane Matthew

Who here is still in South Florida? Governor Rick Scott is now saying this storm will kill you. Category 4-5 and saying we need to evacuate now. There is no fuel anywhere and traffic will be a nightmare. Both of my vehicles have a full tank of gas but nowhere to go.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Good Luck!

I probably would have left about 3 days ago when I heard it was coming that way. Hopefully you'll be able to find a viable shelter.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Good Luck!

I probably would have left about 3 days ago when I heard it was coming that way. Hopefully you'll be able to find a viable shelter.
I agree with you. However, with all of these different hurricane models and where it may be heading etc...it was being reported by the local news that we should be okay. However, now they are saying to evacuate. We are 12 miles inland from the ocean. Doesn't seem that far but it is a little drive to get to the beach. Everyone out here is hunkered down and the rain comes and goes. The wind would pick up for a bit then subside. There really is no where else to go and we are stocked up on supplies. Hopefully the cars don't get damaged outside since we live in a town home community with no garage. The Camaro is covered. The Xterra may end up getting more of a beating.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #4
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Hope you find a solution. Sister lives in St. Pete and always worried about her when it comes to Florida stuff like this.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Every year we go on a cruise out of Florida while the kids are out of school the week of Columbus Day. Booked this one a year ago. Except this year we are leaving New Orleans going to Mexico. I may be a genius.

May not be as lucky next year. Already booked leaving out of Miami.

Of course, my vacation is of little matter considering the implications of loss of life and home. Hope everyone is OK.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Last edited by wrtowman; 10-06-2016 at 01:01 PM.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #6
SummitWhite11

This is an interesting read I came across back in August. This may be the storm of the century we are about to experience.....

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2098.htm

Old 10-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #7
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
If this doesn't look like Death to you.

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #8
SummitWhite11

LOL seen that a few times.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #9
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
Hunker down! I've been msg everyone down there. It's heading right at my fla house but I've got ins and I'm up in pa. Praying for all! Be safe!
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:24 PM   #10
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Her family is in Port St. Lucie. They evacuated Tuesday for the gulf coast.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #11
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
My brother is battening down the hatches just north of Savannah. His name is Matt. Texted me yesterday saying this hurricane is definitely named after him, fat and slow with a bad attitude.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #12
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I lived in Houston when Rita hit... yeah, I was wondering where all of those people that were trying to leave thought they were going too.

I just hunkered down in the house... then went out and gave water to those that were still sitting along I-10 outside Katy on the bike.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:48 PM   #13
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Doing final preparations here in Kissimmee. Should be good.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:59 PM   #14
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I've been through Hurricanes before and we should be good in Tampa. We just had a Band of heavy Rain come through. I've got friends coming to my house from Palm Beach, but others refuse.

Good Luck SummitWhite11.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote