Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #43
HurstPerformance

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Ordered thanks! I'll try to do an install video.
Sounds good. We'd love to see it and hear your thoughts on the shifter. Thanks for picking one up!
HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #44
HurstPerformance

July 2016 Giveaway

Click on the image below to enter for a chance to win a Hurst Billet Plus shifter for your 2016 Camaro SS.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #45
HurstPerformance

Due to the overwhelming feedback we have received about wanting to re-use the OEM shift knob with these kits, we have designed a prototype that was sent to fellow forum member "vtirocz" to provide feedback on. Check out his experience with both the new shifter and the installation here, and feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #46
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
I have this on my car. It feels great with the pistol grip and shifting is much improved. I can shift MUCH faster and more precisely.

Install was a nightmare lol
Attached Images

Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #47
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstPerformance View Post
Application: 2016-17 Chevrolet Camaro SS with 6 speed manual transmission.

You heard it here first! Hurst is proud to announce that we will be releasing our Billet/Plus shifter for the 2016-2017 Camaro SS on July 1st. This is a NEW Billet/Plus shifter that we have designed specifically for the 2016-2017 Camaro SS with TR-6060 6-speed manual transmission. This shifter features a billet aluminum isolated stick design and is available with a classic white ball knob(part #3916031) or a modern black anodized pistol-grip handle(part #3916131). The shifter mechanism features a precision hardened steel pivot ball and CNC-machined linkage rod that provide a 40% reduction in shifter throw. We listened to the feedback that we've received from Camaro owners and have designed this shifter with performance and NVH in mind. Our extensive testing has resulted in a shifter that produces a solid, clean shift feel without ANY additional interior sound or vibration. Here's a preview of what's on the way:

Looks like a computer gaming flight sim stick. Should just go ols skOoL with this...
Attached Images

Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #48
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Yes, old school, along with that 8" infotainment screen, 7" digital dash, electronic parking brake, drive modes, etc...
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:17 PM   #49
TheAbyss

Drives: 2017 SS
Adding to the others, I'd love a Hurst shifter provided I can keep the stock knob!
TheAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:15 PM   #50
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAbyss View Post
Adding to the others, I'd love a Hurst shifter provided I can keep the stock knob!
Check the transmission section. They made a prototype and are guaging interest to see if it's worth making/ doing a group buy. They listed that in like 3 threads so put your name on all!

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #51
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Looks like a computer gaming flight sim stick. Should just go ols skOoL with this...
The old skool hurst T-grip does look pretty cool. Look at it...just sitting there...waiting to be shifted.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #52
Tech@HurstPerformance

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS

Attention 2019 6 speed Camaro SS owners!

We have confirmed that fitment of our Hurst Billet/Plus shifter (part#’s 3916031 and 3916131) will continue through the 2019 model year.

Whether you prefer the look of the original white Hurst Shift ball and Flat Shift Stick or the modern look of the black anodized Hurst Pistol Grip handle, Hurst has you covered.

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit Hurst-Shifters.com for additional application and product information.

Last edited by Tech@HurstPerformance; 11-08-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Tech@HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 AM   #53
chutoyy
knows nothing...

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Not sure if it was just my car (2018 2SS 1LE), but the roll pin for the transmission side was slightly too big to slide in to the factory gear selector... I ended up dremeling/sanding off some material.

Also, what happened to the smaller shift balls :[ ? Also, is development for aftermarket/stock shift knob adapters still under development?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #54
HurstPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
Not sure if it was just my car (2018 2SS 1LE), but the roll pin for the transmission side was slightly too big to slide in to the factory gear selector... I ended up dremeling/sanding off some material.

Also, what happened to the smaller shift balls :[ ? Also, is development for aftermarket/stock shift knob adapters still under development?

I have heard the occasional story of people fighting with the roll pin during removal/installation, sorry that you ran into an issue.

As for the reason to use the larger 2.25" Hurst Shift Ball, the decision was most likely based on the fact that we already had a 6-speed knob available with the correct shift pattern for our C5 Corvette Shifter and we do not produce a 1.75" (white or black) Classic Hurst Shift Knob with the correct gear shift pattern for your Camaro. There are a number of companies that offer thread insert kits that will allow you to mount the shift knob of your preference. Check with our friends over at SpeedDawg.com for insert availability and pricing.

One of the most asked questions for us is where do we stand with our Hurst Shifter that allows the use of the OEM gear shift knob. We are still hard at work to get this shifter to market. The last ETA that I received on this project had a projected date of July. At this point, I cannot confirm if July is still solid, however, as soon as I receive word on a release date it will be plastered all over the forum. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me.

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Old 08-14-2018, 09:39 AM   #55
Tech@HurstPerformance

Hurst Billet Plus Shifter for 2017-2018 Camaro ZL1

We have recently confirmed that our Hurst Billet Plus Shifters (part# 3916031-Classic White Hurst Ball and part# 3916131-Black Hurst Pistol Shifter) will properly fit the 2017-2018 Camaro ZL1 Supercharged models.

Questions? Please call 707-544-4761 or visit www.hurst-shifters.com for additional application and product information.

Last edited by Tech@HurstPerformance; 11-08-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #56
Tech@HurstPerformance

It's (almost) here!

You've patiently waited, it's been a long time coming but it's finally here! Today we received word that the new Hurst Billet Plus Shifter that allows you to keep your OEM Chevrolet shift knob will be available on September 1st! This shifter provides the same benefits as our other Hurst Billet Plus Shifters, such as a massive reduction in throw and a limited, lifetime warranty.

This info is so new that we're still awaiting additional details so please subscribe to this thread, more information to come.

Questions? Please call 707-544-4761 or visit www.hurst-shifters.com for additional application and product information.

Tags
2016, camaro ss, hurst, shifter