Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-24-2017, 06:24 AM   #15
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
You did everything right and glad you were not hurt. Guy is a scumbag and will get his in court.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:44 AM   #16
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Looks like some douche bag Rusky...LOL
Old 10-24-2017, 07:25 AM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
That's looking like we didn't exactly get the entire picture. So what did you do to aggregate the VW driver? Come on you can be honest with us. We are all family here. Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #18
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
what is wrong with this world today. I live just south of D.C. and its the worst with drivers and impatience. I have learned with my Camaro being DD, I take it nice and slow. I'm sure people think i'm being over cautious but I can't image everybody in the morning driving like ass hats are that eager and happy to go to WORK. its amazing how we have evolved to a "just me" society and people are just ridiculous on the road now and days. i'm glad your safe and he didn't do any damage to you. I commend you more for not re attacking him because I don't think many on here would of held back.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #19
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Go to the hospital, and get a lawyer. In this day and time I don't argue; I litigate! Make sure that your police report states that there was an altercation.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #20
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
ONE WORD---Monadnock...
keep this one with me all the time...https://www.galls.com/monadnock-21-b...002196&PMSRCH=
...less lethal...good luck!

Thanks for this. Ordering one myself... need to have one of these handy for sure.

OP, man... yeah that completely sucks! This almost happened to me after I cut off a pickup with my pickup while merging onto the 15. The guy was driving aggressively and I sped up and merged in front of him and he kept on my ass until traffic stopped and I had to slam on the brakes as he barely hit me and rear ended me. No damage to his chevy pickup... just a rub on the bumper. But my bumper was dented.

The guy was a dick, and I should not have cut him off (that was my fault). He came at me like he was going to hit me after we stopped, and I was ready to defend myself... problem was that if he as much as laid a finger on me, I would have pushed his ass into traffic and it would have gotten real ugly. Glad I remained calm when he came at me... but I was ready for anything.

Bottom line, my company agreed to leave insurance out of it and I just replace the dented part of my bumper (2011 F150). Paid the guy for a detail and buff of his bumper and called it a day. It was my fault for cutting him off, but then he shouldn't have been on my ass like that.

You never go at someone like that, you never know what you're going to get and in the middle of traffic, things could get deadly.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #21
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
You never go at someone like that, you never know what you're going to get and in the middle of traffic, things could get deadly.
This. It is never worth it. He could have been a crazed drunk/high lunatic with a gun.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #22
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
First he hit you with his vehicle, then he attacked you after that. Sounds to me like he was attempting to "kill" you for some unknown reason, and you had to defend yourself. This is how I would be describing it to the police on the scene, as the ambulance is carrying him to the ED.

Very glad you are okay and hope you get your car back in better shape than it was.

I tried to have a conversation one time with a guy that was having road rage and wanting to take it out on me, I think. Just a super busy weekday traffic moving slow and this guy is all over the horn, wanting people to move, blah blah blah. I just look at him and laugh as no one can go anywhere. He sees me laughing at him and wants me to "pull over and discuss it". I was like sure, I have time. He is in some giant dually truck, I see him climb out, all 170 lbs of him with a whole lot of attitude. He is storming back to my truck yelling profanity and stuff until I step out of my truck. I was on the way to get gym in my cutoff shirt, weighing in at 234 lbs, built like a pro-powerlifter and I was ready to fold him in four different ways. Honest to God here... the guy stops, looks me up and down, and apologizes for the mistake, he thought I was someone else, got back in his truck and left. I didn't even get to say "have a great day" or anything. He was very mad till his brain told him he was about to make a big mistake and wasn't going to end for him well at all. This happened more than once, and I just don't get it. People are just stupid at times.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #23
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Stupid VW drivers
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #24
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
ONE WORD---Monadnock...
keep this one with me all the time...https://www.galls.com/monadnock-21-b...002196&PMSRCH=
...less lethal...good luck!
You spelled Glock wrong.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #25
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Thanks for this. Ordering one myself... need to have one of these handy for sure.

OP, man... yeah that completely sucks! This almost happened to me after I cut off a pickup with my pickup while merging onto the 15. The guy was driving aggressively and I sped up and merged in front of him and he kept on my ass until traffic stopped and I had to slam on the brakes as he barely hit me and rear ended me. No damage to his chevy pickup... just a rub on the bumper. But my bumper was dented.

The guy was a dick, and I should not have cut him off (that was my fault). He came at me like he was going to hit me after we stopped, and I was ready to defend myself... problem was that if he as much as laid a finger on me, I would have pushed his ass into traffic and it would have gotten real ugly. Glad I remained calm when he came at me... but I was ready for anything.

Bottom line, my company agreed to leave insurance out of it and I just replace the dented part of my bumper (2011 F150). Paid the guy for a detail and buff of his bumper and called it a day. It was my fault for cutting him off, but then he shouldn't have been on my ass like that.

seems you were in your lane when this guy ran into the rear of your vehicle. THIS IS HIS FAULT, I WOULDN'T HAVE PAID HIM SQUAT!!!
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #26
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
seems you were in your lane when this guy ran into the rear of your vehicle. THIS IS HIS FAULT, I WOULDN'T HAVE PAID HIM SQUAT!!!
Wouldn't have gone any where if there wasn't some stupid lady being all nosey who also stopped behind his truck and was hollering at me - 'you cut him off, its your fault... I'll be your witness' she said to him.

My company didn't want to get insurance involved. The company paid him and fixed my bumper. I really don't have time to deal with idiots like these so I moved on, put it behind me.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #27
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That's looking like we didn't exactly get the entire picture. So what did you do to aggregate the VW driver? Come on you can be honest with us. We are all family here. Lol
That crossed my mind too. A camaro and he couldn't step on the brakes and let the road rager get in front of him? Nearing a stop sign, had to be slowing already with foot on the brake. Not that the other guy won't be at fault, but will have to deal with the accident. Would have been easier to let him get in front and go on with your day.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #28
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I was charged with assault causing bodily harm back when I wasnt as easy going as I am now. From experience it isnt worth the hassle to go full tilt boogie on someone if its a minor altercation. Of course things change if its a self defence situation. You did the right thing. People will say i would have done this or that but in the long run would have paid for it if the really hurt the guy. Your going ti have enough on your plate just getting your car fixed.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote