Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
LT-1 M6 Concerns

I'm going to take the car to the dealership tomorrow because I feel that something is very wrong with the transmission. First, when I press on the clutch and I put it in gear (all gears except 1st) it sounds like there's lose metal sound. Anyone else have this issue? Also, sometimes there's horrible throttle response when I press the gas. This car only has 900 miles which worries me (car ECM blew up or something at 300 miles) and I really baby this car. Anyone else on here have similar issues? Also, anyone know what can possibly be wrong with the transmission? lol
SSDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
The slight metallic rattle with the clutch down is probably just the clutch. It's a twin disc. The floating plates do just that, float. It causes it to sound like marbles in there.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
SSDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
The slight metallic rattle with the clutch down is probably just the clutch. It's a twin disc. The floating plates do just that, float. It causes it to sound like marbles in there.
Yes, after some reading here, I'm starting to see that the sound seems to be normal. I see you have a 6 speed, do you ever get a lack of throttle response from the car after some long driving?
Old 04-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
Camaroguy555

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2016 1SS NPP 6MT MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
Yes, after some reading here, I'm starting to see that the sound seems to be normal. I see you have a 6 speed, do you ever get a lack of throttle response from the car after some long driving?
Which mode do you drive in normally? Tour is not as responsive. I find Sport to be the most responsive, Track is the smoothest.
Camaroguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
SSDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroguy555 View Post
Which mode do you drive in normally? Tour is not as responsive. I find Sport to be the most responsive, Track is the smoothest.
I drive in sport and track a lot, but the throttle legit feels dead sometimes. I have the NPP exhaust and when the throttle starts to feel dead, the valves don't even open above the 3500 rpm range.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
I drive in sport and track a lot, but the throttle legit feels dead sometimes.
I've heard quite a few complain about this very thing. Which is why a lot of people install the vitesse throttle controller.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #7
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
Yeah my 17 SS does the same things. You do get use to it but the throttle is very abrupt sometimes.
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #8
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
I changed the exhaust mode to track full time. I usually drive in sport unless I feel frosty and switch to track. The throttle response was goofy, I put the Vitneese on it, and it helped when it was N/A. I haven't removed it yet, but it does nothing with the ProCharger.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:17 AM   #9
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
I talked to my tuner about this actually

He stated LT1s aren't as responsive to throttle as LS3s. When he tuned mine he left my throttle response alone because all the previous ones he tweaked threw a light later on

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #10
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
I talked to my tuner about this actually

He stated LT1s aren't as responsive to throttle as LS3s.
Thats what I was told when I asked about it lol.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #11
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
My Throttle mappings have been tweaked from stock and are LIGHT YEARS better than OEM.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #12
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Mine neglected jus cuz he didn't wanna to trip a CEL and then I'm stuck somehwee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #13
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Today about an hour into my drive I had the clutch partially engaged enough to hold me as i switched from brake to throttle. (I was hill starting and hill assist decided to not help) as i went to give some throttle I noticed it didn't do anything at all, I even floored it and only got response when I fully disengaged the clutch.

I am now wondering if in my case, it was hill start activating and not allowing me to input the throttle? I've never had it do this before

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #14
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
Today about an hour into my drive I had the clutch partially engaged enough to hold me as i switched from brake to throttle. (I was hill starting and hill assist decided to not help) as i went to give some throttle I noticed it didn't do anything at all, I even floored it and only got response when I fully disengaged the clutch.

I am now wondering if in my case, it was hill start activating and not allowing me to input the throttle? I've never had it do this before
were you in Track mode? in that mode you can push the pedal like half way and nothing happens! (pet peeve of mine)

seriously though, that is weird you got no response at all.... has not happened to me.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lt-1, transmission