Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-08-2017, 11:02 PM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM Reveals 2018 Chevrolet Traverse

Chevrolet Introduces the 2018 Traverse
Bold, refined new look with expected segment-best cargo space, third-row legroom
General Motors

January 9, 2017

DETROIT — Chevrolet today introduced the all-new 2018 Traverse. Wrapped in bold and refined styling, the completely redesigned Traverse offers technologies to help keep passengers of all ages and lifestyles comfortable and connected.
Traverse will deliver what is expected to be best-in-class third-row legroom, maximum cargo room and passenger volume with an enhanced roster of available active safety features.

“The all-new Traverse offers the ultimate in style and convenience for the segment, with the versatility customers need and a thoughtful, spacious design they’ll love,” said Alan Batey, president of GM North America and brand chief, Global Chevrolet. “It’s the midsize SUV designed to help keep you safe, comfortable and connected.”

When it goes on sale this fall, the 2018 Traverse will be the fourth updated crossover or SUV from Chevrolet within a year, joining the Trax, Bolt EV and 2018 Equinox, further strengthening the brand’s crossover and SUV lineup.

“Nobody in the industry offers a broader, fresher lineup of SUVs and crossovers than Chevrolet,” said Batey. “From the all-electric Bolt EV to America’s longest-running nameplate, Suburban, we’ve got something for every customer and lifestyle.”

Bold and refined

The 2018 Traverse has a new look inspired by Chevrolet’s full-size SUVs, with purposeful proportions complemented by premium cues such as chrome accents, LED signature lighting and available D-Optic LED headlamps.

Chevrolet is adding two new trim levels for the 2018 Traverse — the sporty RS and luxurious High Country — to offer customers more choices for a personalized appearance.

The new RS package includes unique, blacked-out exterior cues with a black chrome grille, black bowtie, 20-inch wheels and more.

The High Country trim features premium content and technology, including a unique interior trim featuring Loft Brown leather appointments with suede accents, 20-inch polished wheels, High Country badging, D-Optic headlamps, standard twin-clutch AWD and power-fold third row seats.

“The all-new Traverse blends Chevrolet’s characteristic SUV cues with capability and refinement,” said John Cafaro, executive director, Global Chevrolet Design. “Inside and out, it offers style with a purpose.”

With available seating for up to eight and a longer wheelbase than the current model, the Traverse has few peers when it comes to capacity and roominess. In fact, the new Traverse is expected to offer best-in-class passenger volume as well as max cargo room at 98.5 cubic feet (2,789 liters), while greater storage options and larger bins throughout the ergonomically optimized cabin are designed to enhance convenience and versatility.

Loading the Traverse is a breeze with a new Chevrolet bowtie logo lamp feature illuminating the ground to show where drivers need to place a foot to activate the available hands-free power liftgate.

A new split-folding second-row seat improves on the Traverse’s original Smart SlideŽ feature. The curbside seat is capable of tipping up and sliding forward, even with a forward-facing child seat in place, to provide open and easy access to the third row. Third-row legroom is expected to be the most spacious in the segment at 33.7 inches (856 mm).

Connected and protected

The 2018 Traverse offers purposeful technology designed to help keep passengers safe, comfortable and connected.

Chevrolet’s latest connectivity technologies include available 7- and 8-inch-diagonal MyLink infotainment systems designed to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as an available OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are products of Apple and Google and their terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply.)
Passengers will have access to USB charging ports in all three seating rows, available wireless charging and steering wheel-mounted phone and audio controls. Chevrolet’s Rear Seat Reminder feature is standard on all trim levels.
When it comes to helping to protect passengers, a comprehensive suite of available safety technologies and adaptive crash-avoidance features offers ease of use and added peace of mind, with new available features including:
  • Surround Vision
  • D-Optic LED headlamps (standard on High Country and Premier)
  • Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
  • Front Pedestrian Braking
  • Forward Collision Alert
  • Low and High-Speed Forward Automatic Braking.
Teen Driver is standard, allowing parents to set certain controls and review performance in order to help encourage better driving habits, even when parents are not in the vehicle.

Performance and efficiency

A new 3.6L V-6 and nine-speed automatic transmission form the standard propulsion system, expected to offer nearly 10 percent more horsepower than the current model and a GM-estimated 25 mpg highway (FWD). The combination also supports an estimated 5,000-pound (2,268 kg) trailering capacity when properly equipped.

Sporting the new RS trim, the Traverse will exclusively feature a 2.0L turbocharged engine that provides a unique driving experience, with more maximum torque than the V-6. It is also paired with the nine-speed automatic transmission.

Both engines feature new intelligent stop/start technology that determines the best times for fuel-saving engine-stop events, based on a variety of driving factors.

New Traction Mode Select is standard on all models and allows the driver to make real-time adjustments to the vehicle’s driving mode to account for varying road conditions. On available AWD models, it also allows the system to be completely disconnected from the rear axle, which helps save fuel and enhances refinement.

High Country’s exclusive Advanced AWD system employs twin-clutch technology that optimizes traction for every condition it encounters. It is engineered for optimal performance in wet, snowy and icy conditions, while also providing enhanced stability in dry conditions.

Last edited by FenwickHockey65; 01-08-2017 at 11:17 PM.
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #2
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I like it! It does however, remind me of the JEEP Grand Cherokee
Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 AM   #3
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post

Bingo! I thought the same thing.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:23 AM   #4
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
That's ok by me.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:52 AM   #5
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
It's like a Highlander meets Tahoe for me.. Interior is solid. Pretty decent overall. Would like to see the nose in person though.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #6
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Not terrible... don't exactly see Grand Cherokee in it?

My biggest complaint about it and a huge negative is that hideous double grill.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #7
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Not bad; Its a nice improvement.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #8
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
They basically just put everything the Cadillac SRX has and put it in there like how the touch screen goes up but Cadillac is by far the best luxury
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
They basically just put everything the Cadillac SRX has and put it in there like how the touch screen goes up but Cadillac is by far the best luxury
lolwut.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #10
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Not terrible... don't exactly see Grand Cherokee in it?

My biggest complaint about it and a huge negative is that hideous double grill.
Grand Cherokee vs. 2018 Traverse
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #11
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Interior looks great. I would need to see it in person to judge the looks though. Something seems off in the pictures to me, but it could just be the color or angles.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #12
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Reminds me of my Durango and a Suburban
Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 AM   #13
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
I'm currently in the market for a 3 row SUV (for my wife), and this looks like it fits the bill fairly well. Overall looks are good except for the corporate grille, and the interior looks fairly pleasant for some road trips. I'm glad the 9 speed automatic is a GM in house product rather than the junk ZF 9 speed found in the Honda Pilot. Slightly disappointed in MPGs- 25 highway for a FWD and nothing listed for AWD- I expect 23-24, which is only about 1-2mpg better than a full size Tahoe with a 5.3L V8... not that you'll ever achieve that.

I rented a Yukon SLT this past weekend for a 500 mile trip with the wife and our 1 year old. The dimensions of the Traverse and Yukon are quite similar- the Traverse is 4 inches shorter in height, 2 inches narrower, and 0.4 inches longer. However, the cargo capacity of the Traverse is about 4 cubic feet more than the Yukon. I really enjoyed the Yukon, although my wife thought it was a bit large for her tastes. Overall, I would probably take the Traverse over any other SUV out there, mostly for the room behind the 3rd row- most 3 row crossovers have less room behind the 3rd row than my wife's Honda Fit has in the hatch.

My only concern is that it isn't available until "Summer 2017"... I was hoping to buy in April once all the snow has melted.

Last edited by fighting irish; 01-10-2017 at 12:13 PM.
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:11 AM   #14
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Some nice improvements in the features & interior, but I just can't stand driving these FWD bloated minivans. Whether it's the Traverse, Acadia, Enclave or XT5--they are just glorified minivans. No power & they drive like a couch on wheels.

I've been a GM guy all my life, but I bought a Dodge Durango R/T last year. Dodge was the only one in the price range of less than $50K that had 3-row seating, V8, RWD based platform & it is a fun SUV to drive. I use it for my job & I have over 30K miles in 14 months--not one single problem. It's a tank in the winter, gets 21-22mpg with the cruise at 78mph & it is loaded with options. Jeep/Dodge own that category of RWD based mid-size SUV's with available V-8 and they kill it!

My wife's vehicle is a '16 Tahoe LTZ--another couch on 4 wheels.