Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #15
Fear...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
It's fiberglass. Look on the underside when you get yours
Will do, thanks. It being fiberglass, is the finish a gloss black or. . . . ???
Fear... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:45 PM   #16
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
You can choose what the finish is. Your choice is a primer finish or a matte black (flat). It may look like it's plastic but it's not, the factory gfx is plastic and gets scuffed easily. It does have fiberglass material.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #17
Divindirty

Drives: Camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Fiberglass, and it will shatter (T4) with a good scrape on the concrete. The GM splitter is a lot more forgiving when it comes to steep driveways... take my word for it.
man!!! nice car!!!thanks for the feed!!!
Divindirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:31 AM   #18
Divindirty

so they offer an under tray or if a slightly extended extention tray was added to this made out of a plastic would take some of the abuse off the splitter???
Old 10-28-2016, 12:47 AM   #19
White_Camaro

Drives: Camaro SS
I was considering the T4 splitter for my camaro but ended up getting the 1le one.
White_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:09 AM   #20
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I have this splitter as well. It's not made of fiberglass, but it's not plastic either. It's some sort of other composite material. For something that is so close to the ground and can possibly be hit by road debris, its very fragile. The lip on the leading edge really should be a lot thicker.
Fiberglass is not fragile. It is used on boats and is very strong. If you got your splitter from ACS it is absolutely fiberglass.

You have to hit at a considerably steep angle for your splitter to break like a previously pictured one.

I would rather have the splitter break at that point than have it possibly take my entire bumper cover with it.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:28 AM   #21
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
ACS has always offered a "track pack" for the splitter which includes bolts nuts and washer. Just because you went cheap and got the standard plastic doesn't mean you can say it was not designed for high speeds. I've gone above 150 with mine.
And you would think that the alleged "track pack" would have been offered when I called ACS directly or some how mention to the customer ,"hey don't drive too fast with the plastic push pins because the won't hold at high speeds." Or even mention that in the instructions, nope. Trust me adding an extra $25 dollars for bolts is not a lack on my part as you say "going cheap" , considering that the splitter cost me $400 when said and done.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:46 AM   #22
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
And you would think that the alleged "track pack" would have been offered when I called ACS directly or some how mention to the customer ,"hey don't drive too fast with the plastic push pins because the won't hold at high speeds." Or even mention that in the instructions, nope. Trust me adding an extra $25 dollars for bolts is not a lack on my part as you say "going cheap" , considering that the splitter cost me $400 when said and done.
Yes. I checked the website and it appears to no longer be an option. However, 25 dollars in bolts is a small price considering it costs much more for the 1LE.

I'm guessing the website rehaul lost options or something. The track pack isnt mentioned even in the description and the underplate is available for the 10-13 but not for the 14-15.

When I ordered mine, I did it online and selected the track equipment option.

Last edited by Soybeanrice; 10-28-2016 at 03:56 AM.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:17 AM   #23
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGoddard View Post
What license plate bracket do you have?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I made that one out of aluminum brackets from Lowes. It bolts under the splitter where two of the push pins would go.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:48 AM   #24
Divindirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
I've scraped mine many times and have not had any problems but I do watch for speed bumps and steep inclines.
the hardware you used was through bolted and not the push pins? they don't offer the race pack bolt kit but no problem through bolting it with stainless fastners and did you have to completely remove the front to get access to the forward section to through bolt??