Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #15
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightup View Post
took me five weeks

Just 5 weeks? Damn, you were lucky to get it that fast. The dealer I ordered my from is a small dealer in a small town and before they would take an order from me they contacted there GM rep to see if they would let them have one or not. He gave them the go so we ordered a SIM with a automatic,no sunroof and no blackwheels. They told me it would take 3 months to get it! O well, I guess if I have to wait that long I will but I hope it does not go beyond that.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
The DeLoach 27

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CRT Manual 6-speed
Dealer called me yesterday, said mine was in transit. I ordered it on 12/11/12. I told them that I was not in a hurry, waiting on tax money. He still said that It could be up to 2 weeks and I reside in Georgia. CRT, 6M.
The DeLoach 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #17
eightup

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Just 5 weeks? Damn, you were lucky to get it that fast. The dealer I ordered my from is a small dealer in a small town and before they would take an order from me they contacted there GM rep to see if they would let them have one or not. He gave them the go so we ordered a SIM with a automatic,no sunroof and no blackwheels. They told me it would take 3 months to get it! O well, I guess if I have to wait that long I will but I hope it does not go beyond that.
it sounds like you ordered my car lol.
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I first recieved my allocation in Nov 11 and ordered February 12, I got it August 12. It was worth the wait!

Last edited by Sven59; 03-27-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Ok to clear things up again , The Camaro (flex) plant is a two shift operation ( currently ) and each shift is 8 hrs in length . We work ( currently ) 5 days a week and the models we build on the same line are : Camaro coupe ,convertible & ZL1 . We also build the Buick Regal , Cadillac XTS and the 2014 Chevrolet Impala . The ZL1 is NOT built just once a week or on a separate line ! it is built right along with the other vehicles . So when your ZL1 gets to 3400 status it will be built right alongside a caddy ,impala or regal . The beauty of having flexable assembly operations !

Thanks for supporting GM and Team Camaro and enjoy your ZL1 !

Best regards from Oshawa
Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Ok to clear things up again , The Camaro (flex) plant is a two shift operation ( currently ) and each shift is 8 hrs in length . We work ( currently ) 5 days a week and the models we build on the same line are : Camaro coupe ,convertible & ZL1 . We also build the Buick Regal , Cadillac XTS and the 2014 Chevrolet Impala . The ZL1 is NOT built just once a week or on a separate line ! it is built right along with the other vehicles . So when your ZL1 gets to 3400 status it will be built right alongside a caddy ,impala or regal . The beauty of having flexable assembly operations !

Best regards from Oshawa
Mike Judge
Super60
Well My bad Mike. That was the info I got. Thanks for clearing that up for me and everyone else. I would also like to thank you for building an awesome car!!! I have not driven it much because of the winter. Mild compared to you guys up there, But spring is just about here and I cant wait. I love my ZL1 Convertible.

Thank you and the whole Camaro,Cadillac,Buick, Impala team!!!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
ordered mine late Nov, changed the order 3 times, GM rep visited my dealer late Feb, order then queued up for production, car was made last week, and guess what? my salesman calls this morning and tells me it just came in! it appears GM is speeding up deliveries to a) make up for slower deliveries thru the winter, and b) clear the slate for '14 production. all i can say is keep talking w/ your dealer, but i wouldn't be surprised if your car is built and delivered as quickly as mine was. hang in there dude, "good things come to those who wait"!
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #22
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Well My bad Mike. That was the info I got. Thanks for clearing that up for me and everyone else. I would also like to thank you for building an awesome car!!! I have not driven it much because of the winter. Mild compared to you guys up there, But spring is just about here and I cant wait. I love my ZL1 Convertible.

Thank you and the whole Camaro,Cadillac,Buick, Impala team!!!
Yes,thanks to the whole team also! I am glad you shared that info Mike.I still hope that with a little luck maybe mine will be built soon.I really do not think I could wait longer than 3 months,there are some new ones on the chevy lots within a 2 hour drive.Just none the color I wanted.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #23
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post

Best regards from Oshawa
Mike Judge
Super60
Mike,what is 3400 status? Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #24
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Mike,what is 3400 status? Thanks
That's an internal code to the plant, that was usually put on the GMConnects status update (go look at Silverguardrails picture) that, I believe, means "queued for production"
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
ordered mine late Nov, changed the order 3 times, GM rep visited my dealer late Feb, order then queued up for production, car was made last week, and guess what? my salesman calls this morning and tells me it just came in! it appears GM is speeding up deliveries to a) make up for slower deliveries thru the winter, and b) clear the slate for '14 production. all i can say is keep talking w/ your dealer, but i wouldn't be surprised if your car is built and delivered as quickly as mine was. hang in there dude, "good things come to those who wait"!
Close to the same time frame, ordered early NOV came in last Saturday, picking it up Good Friday!! It's gonna be a good Friday
SCHUSS is offline   Reply With Quote