Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #43
chevi286

Drives: camaro zl1
I had a Boss 302 previous to this car and the zl1 is much smoother. My guess is the magnetic ride and irs plays a big part.
chevi286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #44
Samson2029

Drives: 328xi, ML400, ZL1 man. 2013
for me the tire pressure made a huge difference. Ride became smooth with just a small .5 to 1 psi change. I am running 31 psi cold and it was night and day from 32 to 33 psi.
Samson2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #45
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Just curious how has the ride improved?
The ride is great! The car feels like it's performing normally. The noise in the passenger side strut is gone and the car absorbs pretty much all the bumps in the road. My only other issue is rock chips but I guess investing in some xpel should do the trick.
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #46
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
magnet ride is B.S. It took me a long time to accept the B.s. too, because if you try hard enough you can learn to like it. But the magnet ride is overly sensitive and only good for a perfectly smooth track imo. I think that in the theory of how it functions to correct the lean of the car as it pulls through corners is excellent, but bumps have not been factored into the equation properly yet. I believe what happens is the magnet ride holds the car firmly in place, rather then to let it flow up and down with the bumps as conventional shock absorbers would.
This MR could not be for you. Nothing wrong with that at all. Most like it, a few don't.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #47
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
magnet ride is B.S. It took me a long time to accept the B.s. too, because if you try hard enough you can learn to like it. But the magnet ride is overly sensitive and only good for a perfectly smooth track imo. I think that in the theory of how it functions to correct the lean of the car as it pulls through corners is excellent, but bumps have not been factored into the equation properly yet. I believe what happens is the magnet ride holds the car firmly in place, rather then to let it flow up and down with the bumps as conventional shock absorbers would.

I like it even more after I lowered my car. I want and need the feedback the car is offering. Who wants a soft plush sloppy sedan like suspension in a high performance car? Even 1.25 inches lower the car rides well over bumpy roads. I normally leave mine in sport. If the road is bumpy I switch the setting to tour and no problems. Maybe your roads are in worse shape than here in California?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
Hey everyone, the problem is now fixed! It turned out that all my tires were running 26 psi and the dealer had to replace a strut. I'm still puzzled on why my strut was bent in the first place but good thing for warranties.
SSallday,

Thanks for your update! It's great to hear that the dealer addressed your concerns and now service is complete. Please let us know how the vehicle operates moving forward and don't hesitate to message us if any additional questions or concerns arise.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #49
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
Maybe my tires are also the wrong psi, but I use the gauge when I fill them so it can't be that.
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #50
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBC View Post
Maybe my tires are also the wrong psi, but I use the gauge when I fill them so it can't be that.
Is the gauge accurate? What type of gauge? Hot or cold pressure readings?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #51
CamaroBC

It's that little pen thingy you stick inside the tire.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #52
CamaroBC

Hot or cold pressure readings. How could I tell if that little thing is reading hot or cold pressure?
Old 08-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #53
CamaroBC

All it says on it is kap or psi. I read from the psi side.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #54
z28lt1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
It's that little pen thingy you stick inside the tire.
Some of those pen pressure gauges are ok, others are cheap junk, not sure how accurate yours might be, you can compare to the DIC reading.

Quote:
Hot or cold pressure readings. How could I tell if that little thing is reading hot or cold pressure?
It reads the pressure at the time you take it. If you've been driving, it will be the hot pressure. First thing in the morning will be the cold pressure. Most of the specs you read are generally for cold pressures, if you are matching those pressures after driving a while, you probably are too low.
z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote