Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #43
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Good news about the SS sedan. Its what people asked for...
http://wot.motortrend.com/1404_we_he...e_control.html
Interesting news to say the least. Ill wait until it releases and ill look forward to comparison tests between the 300 SRT8.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #44
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
V8 owners make me laugh and it always seems to be the old guys every single time. They always start out with "Not to be an ass/Back in my day/I've had muscle cars since the 70's/not to offend anyone" and than continue a mini rant about how V6's are trash and you're poor if you buy one because they say so. Apparently people can't accept that their opinion isn't gospel. The reason I even bought a Camaro is because the gas mileage was fantastic.

On topic! GM listens I believe!! They stopped production to bring out the most beautiful Camaro i've ever seen in 2009, that to me is listening. I loved the late 60's Camaro's and I never got to experience it because I'm too young, I just admire them. When they unveiled the new models I about had a heart attack out of excitement.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #45
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
No offense Fbodfather, but they "have" to listen to us or atleast try to get as much feedback as possible. This is a technology age, furthermore the consumers are more interactive than before and reachable trough the likes of the Internet, forums, etc. That's why the Camaro brand has reached new heights and continues to. Our voices make an impact and always has. The younger generation needed to be addressed, so what better way than set up a marketing plan designed to get 1on1 with the consumer. Not to take credit away from you, you have done and mean alot to the brand and continue to. Without you it wouldn't have came to fruition but don't think we didnt helped that transformation. I've purchased 5, 5th Gens thus far and many others have bought, traded up, etc. The amount of traffic this site brings makes GM well aware of the following. You take that away then it will be quickly noticed.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #46
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
No offense Fbodfather, but they "have" to listen to us or atleast try to get as much feedback as possible. This is a technology age, furthermore the consumers are more interactive than before and reachable trough the likes of the Internet, forums, etc. That's why the Camaro brand has reached new heights and continues to. Our voices make an impact and always has. The younger generation needed to be addressed, so what better way than set up a marketing plan designed to get 1on1 with the consumer. Not to take credit away from you, you have done and mean alot to the brand and continue to. Without you it wouldn't have came to fruition but don't think we didnt helped that transformation. I've purchased 5, 5th Gens thus far and many others have bought, traded up, etc. The amount of traffic this site brings makes GM well aware of the following. You take that away then it will be quickly noticed.
I agree that feedback would be welcome, but engineering a racecar requires new technology to be developed. It isn't a matter of packaging as much as it is a matter of engineering and corporate secrets that gives GM an edge in the performance market. They're not going to ask, "Is this engineered better?" It either is or it isn't better for suiting their goals. Those goals, while decided somewhat by customer input, are very well established in the auto industry by now.

Also, consider another advanced engineering firm that provides technology to customers without a lot of customer engagement: Apple. They are the leaders in keeping secrets, and yet loyal fans rush into stores for their products. A lot of us would like to see them produce different or additional products, but they're wildly successful without those products on the shelves.

GM, like Apple, spends millions, perhaps billions, on R&D and engineering the best they can build for thousands of Camaro buyers. We customers are impatient. We want instant gratification, but it won't change when the car is released or how long it takes to build one, much less test a fleet of camoflauged performance cars to ensure reliability in the worst possible conditions.

Lastly, there's been a big push for news lately with the new Mustang. GM has a full model year before the next Camaro, meaning that all this Mustang hype has time to fade. As GM enthusiasts, we want a quick slap to the Mustang crowd, but the Camaro team has more work to do before they'll be ready to deliver that blow. Be patient. It will be worthwhile.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I'll add one more to Scott's list

- Show me another company that would contact all the major car forums (in this case GM related forums) and fly a large group of admins and mods to Detroit to not only "listen" but video tape their comments on the vehicle lineup pros and cons etc

YES they do listen. Even with that, they can never please everyone and they know that too. But they try REAL hard.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #48
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
GM, like Apple, spends millions, perhaps billions, on R&D and engineering the best they can build for thousands of Camaro buyers.
I hope GM does not emulate apple. We will all be in big trouble...I remember back in the late 70's and apple never liked them then nor now. They nanny everyone on what you can and can not do with their equipment. PC's rock you can add any equipment you want and get it at a lower cost.

Back on point ...I have never said gm has not done good things. MY big beef is the the fact you bring some great products out but if you buy in early I bought my camaro 3 months after first launch, Actually bought 2. Now all these great parts come out and I can not add them to my current car. To be blunt you will not sale them to me or anyone with out this new car. I honestly would have upgraded to a zl1 but by the time it was announced I had just spent over 30K in upgrades to my current ride so it just did not make sense. The same is true on the z28 for me. I like the motor and what has been done But I have mine the way I like it. I just want fender flares and recaro seat, and thankyou I hear they will finally come out..Hopefully...

Since the first pictures of the z28 with fender flares showed up I wanted them. Now the only way I can get them is I have to buy a z28 WTF.

However , to look at the other side, there is an advantage once I buy one, I can buy all the parts I want for it. so we will have a number of happy camaro owners and if GM tries to limit what I buy. Alll lawyers will do lunch BUT.... can some one please see how fraked up this is. Just to get fender flares what a frakin mess I have to go through. The whole thing is stupid and in the end frustrates you so much it is just easier to walk away from the car and the company and never look back.

GM you have to listen parts should not be limited. If time is needed to make production stipulate that and say they will be out after a certain date. Thats is fair and reasonable.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #49
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Mine is a dd so I needed the v6, I read my shit and saw that I could add a turbo kit later on that would give me more mpgs and power. I said to myself I could get best of both worlds
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #50
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
I hope GM does not emulate apple. We will all be in big trouble...I remember back in the late 70's and apple never liked them then nor now. They nanny everyone on what you can and can not do with their equipment. PC's rock you can add any equipment you want and get it at a lower cost.

Back on point ...I have never said gm has not done good things. MY big beef is the the fact you bring some great products out but if you buy in early I bought my camaro 3 months after first launch, Actually bought 2. Now all these great parts come out and I can not add them to my current car. To be blunt you will not sale them to me or anyone with out this new car. I honestly would have upgraded to a zl1 but by the time it was announced I had just spent over 30K in upgrades to my current ride so it just did not make sense. The same is true on the z28 for me. I like the motor and what has been done But I have mine the way I like it. I just want fender flares and recaro seat, and thankyou I hear they will finally come out..Hopefully...

Since the first pictures of the z28 with fender flares showed up I wanted them. Now the only way I can get them is I have to buy a z28 WTF.

However , to look at the other side, there is an advantage once I buy one, I can buy all the parts I want for it. so we will have a number of happy camaro owners and if GM tries to limit what I buy. Alll lawyers will do lunch BUT.... can some one please see how fraked up this is. Just to get fender flares what a frakin mess I have to go through. The whole thing is stupid and in the end frustrates you so much it is just easier to walk away from the car and the company and never look back.

GM you have to listen parts should not be limited. If time is needed to make production stipulate that and say they will be out after a certain date. Thats is fair and reasonable.
I am sure that lookalike parts will be available aftermarket eventually, actually ACS has already made a Z/28 Replica Rear Spoiler that will fit the 10-13 Camaros..
Old 04-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #51
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:

Basically, you're complaining that a low-production car has limited parts availability. GM should not have to produce hundreds of extras for a car that has limited production. It's bad for profit margins and lowers the incentive to buy the actual car. Perhaps this is evidence of GM listening to all the guys that complained about people buying ZL1 front ends for their V6s. You can't have it both ways.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #52
macwest

Quote:
I am sure that lookalike parts will be available aftermarket eventually, actually ACS has already made a Z/28 Replica Rear Spoiler that will fit the 10-13 Camaros..
I am sure ACS will do a good job but after market is never as good as the manufacture. Also, there is a point that if I buy in early to a manufacture they should respect that and allow me to upgrade my car as years go buy and new options become available.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I am sure ACS will do a good job but after market is never as good as the manufacture. Also, there is a point that if I buy in early to a manufacture they should respect that and allow me to upgrade my car as years go buy and new options become available.
Here
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354908
Old 04-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #54
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
You can. Go to your local dealership and tell them you want to trade for a Z/28. They will be glad to help you upgrade.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #55
macwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Basically, you're complaining that a low-production car has limited parts availability. GM should not have to produce hundreds of extras for a car that has limited production. It's bad for profit margins and lowers the incentive to buy the actual car. Perhaps this is evidence of GM listening to all the guys that complained about people buying ZL1 front ends for their V6s. You can't have it both ways.
That is total BS. GM just wants to jack up prices The manufacture has to offer replacement parts so extra parts have to be made. If I buy a z28 tomorrow and keep busting the front fender flare every week gm has to sale me another . They can not limit me. Also, if you limit the parts the owners 10 years down the road will have hell of chance of finding a replacement if they need it. I sure as hell would not want to buy a car like that. During the 80's when I restored 60's cars I went through that and finding a part at time was impossible and really sucked donkey doo.

Looks like we need a group to start a grey market buy a z28 and start rolling out parts. Then Guess what? All GM has achieved is to piss off many loyal followers but all camaro owners still get the parts and gm did not succeed.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #56
macwest

Quote:
I appreciate it but want fender flares. I like my dovetail spoiler and would not trade it. I remember waiting for over a year to get it because I bought my car the third month it was offered and dove tail while advertised was not released for over a year later. Talk about Christmas when I finally had it. I took the next day off work to install it.