Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
bto131

Drives: 2LT/RS White with orange stripes
any last sec show tips?

im going to my first show tomorrow

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195089

bto131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
camslambam
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
Paint it purple.
camslambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
I'm sure you've done all it needs so good luck
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
R U going as a spectator or a entrant? If the 1st............leave your credit cards at home.......if the latter. Prepare your detailing kit...... pack a comfy chair, hat, coat, sunglasses and refreshments. In as much as the car detailing goes............pay extra attention to the finer details, polish the glass, double check the inner areas of the wheels, the door openings, including the under edges, the trunk and hood undersides and gaskets, don't forget the inside of the gas door. The trunk should be kept bare,...........keep the trunk lid and hood open. Remove all personal items from the interior areas. Be sure and open the windows. ( sightseers will want to stick their heads inside for a peek, some will take pic's, closed windows causes glare)............... move the seats forwards on the tracks and tilt the passenger seat back forwards. Groom yourself as you have the car.......dress casually....leave the ratty tees at home though. Stay with your car or as close to it as you can during the show. Speak to curious onlookers politely, your the expert on your car........ do not be condecending though ( Forget insulting anyone over brand comparisions)..........no one will represent it, its features or uniqueness like you can ......pointing out the mods, ie. Be prepared to introduce yourself ( standing up )to the crowd as well the judges as though your trying to sell your car in as relaxed and personable manner as possible. Be kind to the touchers in the crowd that just can't resist the temptation. Keep the walking area around your car neat and free of obstructions and remember you " do " want people getting up and close.... Keep your keys in your pocket.......Good Luck!

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 01-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
bto131

Drives: 2LT/RS White with orange stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
R U going as a spectator or a entrant? If the 1st............leave your credit cards at home.......if the latter. Prepare your detailing kit...... pack a comfy chair, hat, coat, sunglasses and refreshments. In as much as the car detailing goes............pay extra attention to the finer details, polish the glass, double check the inner areas of the wheels, the door openings, including the under edges, the trunk and hood undersides and gaskets, don't forget the inside of the gas door. The trunk should be kept bare,...........keep the trunk lid and hood open. remove all personal items from the interior areas. Be sure and open the windows................ move the seats forwards on the tracks and tilt the passenger seat back forwards. Good Luck!
im entering... so put the passenger seat all the way forward like if ppl were getting in the back row???

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195089

bto131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
im entering... so put the passenger seat all the way forward like if ppl were getting in the back row???
Yeap.....it makes viewing easier........folks are less inclined to lean on or hold onto the car inorder they get a peek or a pic.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Clean the heck out if. Don't get upset if you don't win anything.

Lots of shows are political. I only do them for charity personally.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMotoring View Post
Clean the heck out if. Don't get upset if you don't win anything.

Lots of shows are political. I only do them for charity personally.

I go for fun. My dad has a show car and we meet up w a bunch of friends and sit around and talk. We dont go to win but its nice if we do I won top 10 at my very first show! It was great but wouldnt have bothered me if I didnt. I dont do anything special. Just make sure its super clean and shiny. A california duster can b ur best friend at a show. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
R U going as a spectator or a entrant? If the 1st............leave your credit cards at home.......if the latter. Prepare your detailing kit...... pack a comfy chair, hat, coat, sunglasses and refreshments. In as much as the car detailing goes............pay extra attention to the finer details, polish the glass, double check the inner areas of the wheels, the door openings, including the under edges, the trunk and hood undersides and gaskets, don't forget the inside of the gas door. The trunk should be kept bare,...........keep the trunk lid and hood open. Remove all personal items from the interior areas. Be sure and open the windows. ( sightseers will want to stick their heads inside for a peek, some will take pic's, closed windows causes glare)............... move the seats forwards on the tracks and tilt the passenger seat back forwards. Groom yourself as you have the car.......dress casually....leave the ratty tees at home though. Stay with your car or as close to it as you can during the show. Speak to curious onlookers politely, your the expert on your car........ do not be condecending though ( Forget insulting anyone over brand comparisions)..........no one will represent it, its features or uniqueness like you can ......pointing out the mods, ie. Be prepared to introduce yourself ( standing up )to the crowd as well the judges as though your trying to sell your car in as relaxed and personable manner as possible. Be kind to the touchers in the crowd that just can't resist the temptation. Keep the walking area around your car neat and free of obstructions and remember you " do " want people getting up and close.... Keep your keys in your pocket.......Good Luck!
No no no no no....don't let anyone touch your car, out of respect they should keep their hands to themselves. Simply be polite and ask them do please not touch your car, or simply put a sign in the window, "Please look but don't touch." I hate going to shows and watching as the cars leave covered in greasy hand prints, that arent necessary.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
B1G-AL

Drives: 09 Bullitt, 08 H3 Alpha, Ram SS/T
Most car shows are a lot less to "worry" about than people make them out to be...just make sure your car is clean and presentable and drive in...you can decide once you get there if you want to stay with your car and inform spectators about it or walk around and look at others or both! Just be kind to those looking at your car even if they accidentally touch it...remember most people don't think of our cars like we do!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Take it off road beforehand.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #12
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
I bring my Zaino detail spray and a couple microfiber towels and wipe it down a couple times while at the show.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Where is the car show at?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #14
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Don't forget to wipe the soot off the tail pipes (assuming you are driving it to the show). Have fun! Enjoy talking to the other car owners. You never know what the judges will be interested in at any given show or what sorts of categiories there will be. I always have fun. That is the main thing. Good luck.

Tags
car show