Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #57
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
1LE package and it will look good
Different but cool to see other options

How about a nice medium blue GM?!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #58
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
lots of anger here.. haha I also don't like Silver, hate it on a Camaro actually.. I see so many boring silver cars why have a car like a Camaro that just blends in with my boring 4 door sedan?

Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #59
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
All thats left is to put on some 32" wheels....

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #60
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
And can someone tell me why is the Z/28 and ZL1 not available in this color? Think about that and derive your own conclusions. That's all I'm going to say about it.

1LE isn't available either.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #61
fradaj

Drives: RS
If you like funky purple it is the perfect color for you. I've seen European cars from the 70s painted that color, and the Challenger from 2010 as posted earlier.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #62
RaySouth

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CRT
Originally posted by Spartan01. "Looks like a Skittle."

I was thinking you could replace the k with an h.

I apologize for my ignorance ChildsPlay.

Not really!
RaySouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #63
david06851313

Drives: 2014 SS ashen grey
My gf might....and I mean might...like it.
david06851313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #64
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I'll bet this color will move fewer units than ABM did.
ABM was never represented well on the GM site when it came out. GM scrubbed the color, then finally came out with another great blue...KBM. Unfortunately, you had to spend $8000 more for the damn color as it was only on the Hotwheels edition. Nice marketing, GM. Screw the guys who liked blue, but offer a freaking purple Camaro instead. Geniuses.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #65
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Show and explain the examples of ignorance please. If you get sad over people's opinions on paint colors, then you will really be depressed when the real-world problems come along.

Like you said, it's a color and you can buy it or not, but people have opinions about it. Not like yours is any better than anyone else's. The only 5th Gen color of blue IMO that had a real shot was Kinetic Blue, and look what they did to that- limited it. The marketing team fugged it up for ABM by those horrid pamphlet and internet swatches that chased people away from it. I didn't really like it because it was more teal blue than blue, but it was better than most other blues.

So how many people were asking for Dark Magenta vs any good-looking blue? Can you name them? Those that did got their wish, why not the pro-blue crowd? Or the potential dark green crap that may be coming next year. I used to think Camaros looked good in any color. I found out very recently that I was wrong.

One of the issues is that when GM puts out a color, be it this one or any color that remotely resembles blue, it's usually not a complimenting shade.

Sure, you don't have to buy the color. But why does GM offer colors that for the most part generally suck? I think their paint selection team isn't talking to anyone that cares about the colors. Maybe they're basing decisions on how well it hides paint chips. Who knows what they're thinking?
LOL.... BRM is one of the best colors. Why are you always calling a color that you don't like ugly. I bet you wouldn't tell everyone that to their face but seriously why.???
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #66
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHL View Post
Take a deep breath. Despite your opinion some people will like this color, and good for them. Like you said, worry about "real world" problems and don't embarrass yourself with ranting.
Agree!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #67
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Looks fine. To me it's like ABM: I like looking at it but I probably wouldn't buy it for myself. And this, folks, is how we do constructive criticism. Not vomiting all over where and generally acting like this is the end of Camaro's for ever. Can't wait to see a DMM out and about in the wild.

And if you are suggesting that GM is putting out a new color without forethought and a "what the hell lets just see what happens" attitude then you're high off your @$$.

Last edited by 6bangerBOOM; 03-05-2014 at 10:53 PM.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:00 AM   #68
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Get' em while you can.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #69
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
ABM was never represented well on the GM site when it came out. GM scrubbed the color, then finally came out with another great blue...KBM. Unfortunately, you had to spend $8000 more for the damn color as it was only on the Hotwheels edition. Nice marketing, GM. Screw the guys who liked blue, but offer a freaking purple Camaro instead. Geniuses.
There are rumors of "Ol Blue Eyes", so we'll see if that happens. Even it turns out to be a great color I can't see the blue fans from this site trading for it. The sixth gen is just around the corner.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #70
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
1LE isn't available either.
Where did you hear that?

Would look good as a 1LE