Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 09-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #1681
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
right on good to hear!!! im going in to put a deposit down on one in two weeks!!! Leolion showed up today at cars & coffee with a 45th 2SS coupe he picked up last night at henderson chevy its a real good looking car!!!
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #1682
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1DREAMER View Post
Just got back from the dealership and put a deposit on ordering a 45th 2SS coupe. Was told it could be up to 10 weeks for it to arrive. But if, when the car arrives, we can hold to the same numbers we agreed to today then it's a done deal. Now the waiting (and saving up for a bigger down payment) game begins.
Can't wait to see! This is the hard part.. WAITING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal1084 View Post
right on good to hear!!! im going in to put a deposit down on one in two weeks!!! Leolion showed up today at cars & coffee with a 45th 2SS coupe he picked up last night at henderson chevy its a real good looking car!!!
Yep, it was sharp!!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #1683
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Hey all! We will be cruising to the Valley of Fire on Saturday morning on November 19th. We will leave from Cars & Coffee at 9am and head up to cruise to through the park. Check out the Valley of Fire's Website for details on this beautiful park!

http://parks.nv.gov/vf.htm#GROUP

Hope to see you there!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #1684
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Come and join us for some yummy bbq and we will be celebrating Alex's birthday!! We will be meeting at the Famous Dave's at 7pm on Tuesday October 11th at the following location:

4390 Blue Diamond Road
Las Vegas , NV 89139
702-633-7427

http://www.famousdaves.com/menu/?LocationID=176

Hope to see you there!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #1685
ZL1DREAMER
Graveyard Zombie

Drives: '12 2SS/45th
Sooo... I just put my deposit down two days ago, I don't think the order has even been placed yet, and I'm already getting super anxious... Few questions:

A Google search reveals that Nevada is a "front plate" state. But I hardly see anyone with front plates... Is it just something that's not actively enforced out here? Do you all run with front plates or without?

Can anyone recommend a good place for window tinting? Would love to know what level of tint you have and a ballpark figure for what I'm looking to spend. Don't think I want to go too dark as I make a lot of trips to CA, and they're kind of a stickler for that down there.

That's it for now... I'm sure I'll have a jillion more questions as the time slowly ticks by from now until the car comes in...

TIA for any assistance.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #1686
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1DREAMER View Post
Sooo... I just put my deposit down two days ago, I don't think the order has even been placed yet, and I'm already getting super anxious... Few questions:

A Google search reveals that Nevada is a "front plate" state. But I hardly see anyone with front plates... Is it just something that's not actively enforced out here? Do you all run with front plates or without?

Can anyone recommend a good place for window tinting? Would love to know what level of tint you have and a ballpark figure for what I'm looking to spend. Don't think I want to go too dark as I make a lot of trips to CA, and they're kind of a stickler for that down there.

That's it for now... I'm sure I'll have a jillion more questions as the time slowly ticks by from now until the car comes in...

TIA for any assistance.
They might not place your order right away. They usually wait till they have a few to place. Could take a few days or weeks. I know it is hard to be patient!

As far as the front plate goes I don't have one on mine and I only know a few that do (mostly military people because they are required too!) I don't worry about it at all and if you do get pulled over its a fix it ticket and nothing more.

I went to Team Acme in Henderson for my window tinting and I am on Camaro #2 in less than 2 years. It was $185 out the door and they have a lifetime guarantee on their tinting. They are located at:

Team Acme
1251 American Pacific #112
Henderson, NV 89119
702-240-2263

Hope that helps!

Lori

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 09-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #1687
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
As far as the front plate its not required!!! Window tint I don't have any answers I got my car tinted in Orange county...
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #1688
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I used to go with limo style tint, but I've come to realize that it's just too hard to see out of the rear at night, and the view for the camaro is already limited. Lol. I would recommend 15-20% all the way around.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #1689
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I used to go with limo style tint, but I've come to realize that it's just too hard to see out of the rear at night, and the view for the camaro is already limited. Lol. I would recommend 15-20% all the way around.
35% is legal for the side Windows and up to 5% for the back and rear side windows.

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 09-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #1690
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post
35% is legal for the side Windows and up to 5% for the back and rear side windows.
That is true. Wonder why the dealers feel it's ok to go darker. lol I know mine and Alex's cars were tinted from the dealer, and they are darker than 35%. I don't think cops care about darker tint. They wont pull you over just for your tint. Usually they'll pull you over for some moving violation, and might get you for your tint as well.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #1691
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
That is true. Wonder why the dealers feel it's ok to go darker. lol I know mine and Alex's cars were tinted from the dealer, and they are darker than 35%. I don't think cops care about darker tint. They wont pull you over just for your tint. Usually they'll pull you over for some moving violation, and might get you for your tint as well.
I don't know why either. I did legal on my first one and on this one I did 18% all the way around.

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #1692
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post
They might not place your order right away. They usually wait till they have a few to place. Could take a few days or weeks. I know it is hard to be patient!

As far as the front plate goes I don't have one on mine and I only know a few that do (mostly military people because they are required too!) I don't worry about it at all and if you do get pulled over its a fix it ticket and nothing more.

I went to Team Acme in Henderson for my window tinting and I am on Camaro #2 in less than 2 years. It was $185 out the door and they have a lifetime guarantee on their tinting. They are located at:

Team Acme
1251 American Pacific #112
Henderson, NV 89119
702-240-2263

Hope that helps!

Lori

I looked into the license plate law for Nevada. It states that, if there is a mounting location for the front plate it must be mounted. Contact your dealer and tell them not to mount the bracket on your car. I had to put my plate on, because I took the car off the dealer lot instead of ordering mine. It already had the bracket on it. That said, keep your front plate under your passenger seat. If you get pulled over for it, you can just stick it in the front window.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #1693
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
I looked into the license plate law for Nevada. It states that, if there is a mounting location for the front plate it must be mounted. Contact your dealer and tell them not to mount the bracket on your car. I had to put my plate on, because I took the car off the dealer lot instead of ordering mine. It already had the bracket on it. That said, keep your front plate under your passenger seat. If you get pulled over for it, you can just stick it in the front window.
Both of mine did not have it one when I picked them up. One was ordered and one was off the lot. I do keep my front plate in my trunk though. Just in case.

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 09-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #1694
Leolion

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Camaro
Las Vegas 45th Anniversary Photos

I have a few photos of my new 45th Anniversary model. I hope to take more for your enjoyment. Barrett-Jackson is town this weekend so this is good timing I really love the car. Hot looks, comfortable, fast, and great handling!
Attached Images

Leolion is offline   Reply With Quote