Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2024, 12:14 AM   #1
wbcamaro6

Drives: Chevy Camaro
2020 Camaro under $30,000

Good evening all,

I'm in the process of buying a 20' Camaro 1SS with 60k miles listed at 29k. It had two owners, constant oil changes every 5k miles. From experience are the LT1 engines with AFM pretty reliable at this mileage and higher? My another question is, does this price seem like a fair deal given the year and mileage. I checked the value online & it said it's worth 29k but I also know that prices are all over the place.

Thanks,
Old 03-17-2024, 12:21 AM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbcamaro6 View Post
Good evening all,

I'm in the process of buying a 20' Camaro 1SS with 60k miles listed at 29k. It had two owners, constant oil changes every 5k miles. From experience are the LT1 engines with AFM pretty reliable at this mileage and higher? My another question is, does this price seem like a fair deal given the year and mileage. I checked the value online & it said it's worth 29k but I also know that prices are all over the place.

Thanks,
So many variables... Is it good, great or excellent shape? Does it have any PPF installed (Paint Protection Film)? Does it have any mods or is it stock (also has it been "tuned")?

5k oil changes are a bit "high" for me, even on all my family daily driver cars we do 3,000 mile oil changes..
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 12:44 AM   #3
wbcamaro6

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
So many variables... Is it good, great or excellent shape? Does it have any PPF installed (Paint Protection Film)? Does it have any mods or is it stock (also has it been "tuned")?

5k oil changes are a bit "high" for me, even on all my family daily driver cars we do 3,000 mile oil changes..
The condition is great, besides one 3-4cm paint chip located on the roof, the engine runs as if it’s brand new and the shifts and me shifting to different gears without moving are also smooth (ex. Park to Reverse, Reverse to Neutral, Neutral to Drive) and the only PPF is that I know of is the dealers “PPF” which isn’t anything worth talking about. Bone stock vehicle
Old 03-17-2024, 01:30 AM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbcamaro6 View Post
The condition is great, besides one 3-4cm paint chip located on the roof, the engine runs as if it’s brand new and the shifts and me shifting to different gears without moving are also smooth (ex. Park to Reverse, Reverse to Neutral, Neutral to Drive) and the only PPF is that I know of is the dealers “PPF” which isn’t anything worth talking about. Bone stock vehicle
I'm guessing the "Dealer PPF" is the Factory PPF which is the small patch right in front of the rear tire...

Is it an A10 or an M6? Does it have Dual Mode Exhaust (NPP), what other options does it have? (Sunroof, Magnetic Ride Control, Navigation, etc..) What color is it?

Need a LOT more information...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 02:04 AM   #5
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Drive it for at least 15 minutes, get everything warmed up, and step on it. It's the only way to know.

Also, look at the interest rates... Some friends were looking at used cars lately but with new car incentives and high rates for used cars, if you do your research, you might end up paying the same for a new Mustang Gt than a used camaro or similar used sports car.

I know we're all camaro fans, but some deals out there don't make any sense.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 07:30 AM   #6
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
According to KBB the car in good condition with that mileage is worth what you are paying for it. I just let the KBB site pick the standard options for a 1SS that year.

If the original owner used the factory recommended full synthetic oil 5000 mile oil changes are going to be fine, that falls well within factory spec. People around here can get a bit over the top on car maintenance (including myself) but the motor should be fine as long as it was left in factory settings. Personally red flags for me are tunes and mods but only you here have seen and driven the car so best of luck with your purchase.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 03-17-2024 at 08:57 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:52 AM   #7
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
5k oil change intervals with the recommended oil are fine. Even better that it's been documented. 60k miles on a 2020 suggests it may have been driven regularly for a commute. Nothing wrong with that.

With a used car, condition is everything. A GM/Chevy dealer should be able to pull a GM VIS report showing service and warranty repairs completed at GM dealers. Carfax should show ownership history and accident history. Also check the car over real well for any accident history that may not have been reported. Most cars are just fine...but it's important to be vigilant during the purchase process for the ones that aren't ok!
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote