Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #43
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
I LOVE F-Types. Dream car.
Yeah it's an awesome car. This one has a mallet lower pulls and a tune so it's making 620 horsepower instead of 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
Is that a GS X?
Yes it is! Matching numbers stage 1
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #44
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride98red View Post
Very nice. Is there a top coat on the stain? I didn't think concrete stain had a high gloss finish.
Yes there is a gloss top coat over it. We(Mike) are overdo to top coat the entire house...usually needs to be redone every 2 years or so. Not expensive just time consuming...meaning a hotel for us and the dogs for a weekend.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #45
ride98red

Drives: 2017 Summit White Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
Yes there is a gloss top coat over it. We(Mike) are overdo to top coat the entire house...usually needs to be redone every 2 years or so. Not expensive just time consuming...meaning a hotel for us and the dogs for a weekend.
Haha. Not a bad deal. Nice new shiny floor and you get housekeeping/room service for a weekend!
ride98red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #46
ride98red

I have been researching and researching different products for a durable, affordable garage floor coating. And what I've come up with is that no such thing exists - speaking specifically to the latter...affordability.

That said, affordability is subjective to every individual and, should a product prove to be durable and stand the test of time and condition, a high price might be justified.

I narrowed my choices down to two very different products. One is a premium modular interlocking tile called Swisstrax. I absolutely love love love the look of this stuff, especially the Ribtrax. However, one major flaw in this floor is that when working in the garage, if I drop something small on the floor, it would be a PITA to 1. find it and 2. get it out of the flooring (yes, I could use a magnet but if it's not metal, I'd have to get needle nose or something). Not a big deal at all but if im laying on my back, under a vehicle and drop something, it would get old. The other aspect I dont like about the Swisstrax is the cleaning thing, as in cleaning under the tiles. The company does address the issue and shows how easy it is to clean but I just cant get on board with it. There are other pros/cons to the floor but I won't get into those.

The other product is epoxy. There are TONS of companies who sell epoxy floor coatings. Through my research I've come to realize that there isn't a single product that is perfect for every application. It is the responsibility of the consumer to do their research, determine what might work best for their floor, prep the area accordingly, and follow the manufactures installation guidance. As such, for me I've decided to purchase a custom kit from ArmorPoxy.

I love the idea of a seamless floor as opposed to the interlocking, floating floor like the SwissTrax. Moreover, my garage floor isn't a perfectly flat plane and any "clacking" from a floating floor would get on my nerves.

I will be doing a full broadcast (completely cover the floor 100% with the little flakes) installation, which will include a primer epoxy coat, the flakes, a 100% solids epoxy to encapsulate the flakes, and then a final UV resistant top coat.

Temps/humidity have to be right for the installation and I'm sure it'll be a few weeks before the Virginia weather starts to cool down. Nonetheless, I will be posting my progress in this thread. If all goes as planned, I'll have a video of the process (Dont expect much) and an amazing floor! Here's the color I'm going for.

Last edited by ride98red; 09-04-2016 at 09:42 AM. Reason: updated pic link
Old 09-03-2016, 10:42 PM   #47
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Can't wait to see this Red...good luck, hope all goes well
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #48
ride98red

Oh boy!!! Just received the Armor Poxy kit. Still waiting on the Flecks and anti-skid to come in. Waiting on the weather to cool down as well but getting closer to install!

Here's the kit:

Old 10-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #49
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
It's a little tight, but I think there's still enough room to fit a few more bikes in there
Attached Images

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #50
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Here's mine.
Attached Images

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:07 AM   #51
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Convertible
[QUOTE=ride98red;9293219]I have been researching and researching different products for a durable, affordable garage floor coating. And what I've come up with is that no such thing exists - speaking specifically to the latter...affordability.

That said, affordability is subjective to every individual and, should a product prove to be durable and stand the test of time and condition, a high price might be justified.

I narrowed my choices down to two very different products. One is a premium modular interlocking tile called Swisstrax. I absolutely love love love the look of this stuff, especially the Ribtrax. However, one major flaw in this floor is that when working in the garage, if I drop something small on the floor, it would be a PITA to 1. find it and 2. get it out of the flooring (yes, I could use a magnet but if it's not metal, I'd have to get needle nose or something). Not a big deal at all but if im laying on my back, under a vehicle and drop something, it would get old. The other aspect I dont like about the Swisstrax is the cleaning thing, as in cleaning under the tiles. The company does address the issue and shows how easy it is to clean but I just cant get on board with it. There are other pros/cons to the floor but I won't get into those.

I have the Swisstrax Ribtrax flooring in my garage. LOVE it, goes in easy once a year I pull it up in 4 pieces to clean out under it takes about an hour.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:05 PM   #52
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #53
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Name:  irocklair.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  172.3 KB
Old 02-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #54
ride98red

Its been a LONG time but progress has been made in the garage. Everything is done except for the epoxy floor coating. Spring is right around the corner so I hope to get it done within the next couple months.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:22 PM   #55
cmack

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Well everyone has such nice garages and I have to make mine fit. Only God knows what the people were thinking who built this... Physically it is a two car garage with a one car door. I poured the extra concrete and made myself a ramp. I just have to wiggle her in.

Last edited by cmack; 03-06-2017 at 06:03 PM.
cmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:43 AM   #56
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
My 1.5LT after treating top, only pic in Garage I have, 20 year old plain cement with movie posters

18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote