Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-08-2024, 03:49 PM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Some interesting synchricity with my SS

Sometime late November last year around Thanksgiving I posted a topic on here about my passenger side brake caliper coming off while I was driving about a month after a shop upgraded me from stock SS brakes to 1LE brakes. As a side story the shop denied liability so I ended up posting all the damage to my car on his google reviews. So far Im the latest review on his shop. Meanwhile my SS was down between late November thru late January.

The next shop that did the repairs told me that all four of my brake calipers were loose, not just the one that came off. There was still a half a turn in them. I bought a brand new passenger side caliper, brake rebuild kit, re-cerekoted the caliper, had new rotors, new pads and new wheel hubs installed on both front wheels/brakes. I also bought a new wheel because the old caliper damaged my orginal (brand new) wheel.

So my car had been collecting dust for some time and I decided to go and wash it at a DIY car wash and there was a grey SS with ground effects and a black rear spoiler lip (dont know what they're called) in the bay to my left. Sounded just as good as my car, looked better too. I didn't get an opportunity to speak to the owner but someone drying his car off told me he coulda sworn I had already left but then he realized there were two of us.

So everything goes well for about 2 - 3 weeks... ...then... as I was leaving a drive-thru heard some familiar knocking coming from the passenger side.. progressively increasing as I sped up and decreasing as I slowed down, the same sound I heard right before my brake caliper came off. I about freaked out thinking somehow the brake caliper came loose again. I pulled over expecting to see a dislodged caliper but it was still intact, so I grabbed onto each caliper and I wiggled HARD trying to see if it was budge, none of them did. Now perplexed, I babied it home thinking maybe I blew up my rear end or something on the suspension came loose. When I got close to home in a lower speed limit residential area I rolled down the window and just listened closer to the sound and determined it was coming from the right rear wheel. So I stopped it in my driveway and put a flashlight to the tire and investigated and to my relief, it was just a giant nail in the right rear tire that was causing alot of racket.

I took it to discount tire the following day and guess who pulls up right beside my car while its waiting to be serviced, the exact same grey Camaro SS with the black spoiler lip.. of all people.. ..I think the powers that may be are messing with me.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 07:07 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Name:  A393AE15-4865-4EF2-AACF-44B2BC7EC959.gif
Views: 319
Size:  63.9 KB
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:03 AM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
AWESOME! Hope you talked, exchanged stories and became friends, THAT is what Camaro's are ALL about!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote