Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #211
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
God this is so cringe.

The Camaro isn't anything special, it's the same class. It's not a special car, it's not a unique car, it's not a status symbol.
Sorry, but it’s on a different level these days. If you compare trim level to trim level, with the Mustang or Challenger, there really is no comparison, from track performance to interior amenities.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #212
Prodogs

Drives: 2017 2ss
Blasphemy !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
God this is so cringe.

The Camaro isn't anything special, it's the same class. It's not a special car, it's not a unique car, it's not a status symbol.
Prodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:41 PM   #213
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
God this is so cringe.

I agree 100%, but what did you expect? it's an CAMARO enthusiast forum, Not the real world....LOL
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #214
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
God this is so cringe.

When Chevy can put together a Camaro package for 45K that would spank most status symbol cars around tracks ,i think that makes it pretty special, and very unique for that price range . Ford or dodge sure can't say that .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:54 PM   #215
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
If you ignore those owners looking for a daily driver you might as well shut the line down today.

Some of the people on this forum seem to forget that people do daily drive these cars. Probably 75% of them are daily driven year round and probably 95% are daily driven at least during the summer. This board may make it seem otherwise but you have to remember the people who care enough to find a message board about their car are either enthusiasts or people with problems they're trying to diagnose.

The Mustang made a nice little niche as V6 cruising car back in the 90s and they sold the crap out of them. They're continuing to do it these days. The Challenger may look the same as 10 years ago but it's the size of a freaking 80s boat Cadillac on the inside. The Charger gives people the 4 door capability while having the fun of some performance - same thing the SS tried to do but at a much, much higher price point (and notice it's gone and the Charger continues to chug along).

If people who are at least somewhat of automotive enthusiasts sit down and thinks "man this feels restricted" and thinks the fit and finish looks and seems crappy, how do you think the 30 year old IT guy who makes the money to buy a ZL1 feels when he sits down in one? The retired old man who's looking for a car to cruise his days away in?

You can't sit here and look at the people on this board as a cross section of the market - it goes way, way beyond that, and Chevy either doesn't know or doesn't care while Ford and Dodge are capitalizing on that market.
I am fine in my ZL1 and I DD it. If you want something to cart your friends in and to throw luggage in and who knows what else in the trunk and a baby seat in the back then get a SUV. Because guess what, you ain't doing all that in a Mustang either. The only Muscle Car you're doing that in is a Challenger. And even then people complain that it's too big and doesn't handle well. So no matter what gets built, people will find fault with it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you have one or the other. Or buy a Camaro for fun and then get a cheap beater if you wanna shop at Home Depot and transport the entire family to Disney World or whatever. The Camaro is built for those of us who want a car that handles extremely well, those of us who are NOT carrying tons of people to and fro, and for those of us who don't mind a car that is low to the ground and handles tight. And trust me, despite the lunatics over at M6G who like to suggest that the Mustang can hold 5 people a dog and a complete luggage set, I had one, and there is virtually no difference in the amount of people you can fit in or the amount of storage. And the minimal difference there is does not justify the lack of performance.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:13 PM   #216
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
The pair of Recaro car seats in back seat of my '18 ZL1 1LE disagree with you. Fk Stupid Useless Vehicles.

Carries 4 easily with no place to store your sunglasses or much of anything else. A few things were sacrificed for "design".

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #217
DirectTo

Drives: Sold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The Camaro is built for those of us who want a car that handles extremely well, those of us who are NOT carrying tons of people to and fro, and for those of us who don't mind a car that is low to the ground and handles tight.
Yeah...I guess you glossed right over the part of my post pointing out how small the ‘enthusiast’ market is, outside of this board, compared to the total amount of people shopping.

It’s a great car for you and a lot of us on the board. This board hardly accounts for a large portion of sales...and sales are what keeps the line open.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:17 AM   #218
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
When Chevy can put together a Camaro package for 45K that would spank most status symbol cars around tracks ,i think that makes it pretty special, and very unique for that price range . Ford or dodge sure can't say that .
Unfortunately they still can't sell the car so I am not sure how special it is. Special in performance but. not the car overall? Also how special is it presently the GT A10 is faster, and the GTPP2 is likely very close on the track. The GT pulls better up top.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:42 AM   #219
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Unfortunately they still can't sell the car so I am not sure how special it is. Special in performance but. not the car overall? Also how special is it presently the GT A10 is faster, and the GTPP2 is likely very close on the track. The GT pulls better up top.
Who cares , that smaller amount of cars that are sold are better performance dollar for dollar . That goes back to when the 5th gen SS 1LE spanked the Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition on Laguna Seca costing $15k less ,stickers and emblems couldn't save the Boss . Ford and Dodge will gladly take all your money and deliver almost as good and very close to performance of a Camaro .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:09 AM   #220
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
The pair of Recaro car seats in back seat of my '18 ZL1 1LE disagree with you. Fk Stupid Useless Vehicles.

Carries 4 easily with no place to store your sunglasses or much of anything else. A few things were sacrificed for "design".
There is plenty of room to store sunglasses. I don't carry people in any of my cars. So for me the back seats are extra storage space. And like I said, if you want to travel and store a bunch of stuff then neither of these 2 cars are right for you. Or, like I said, get one and then another car for transporting 60" TVs and shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
Yeah...I guess you glossed right over the part of my post pointing out how small the ‘enthusiast’ market is, outside of this board, compared to the total amount of people shopping.

It’s a great car for you and a lot of us on the board. This board hardly accounts for a large portion of sales...and sales are what keeps the line open.
I didn't gloss over it. I just paid it no attention. Traditionally, the Camaro has never been the type of car for loads of space and to pack all your bags and friends for a day at the beach. If all of that is important to you then don't get the car in the first place. I was more than willing to get one despite the lack of space. And most of us on here feel likewise. But any moron will tell you that although these vehicles are perfectly fine as a DD, they are not ideal as an only vehicle. Or at least not ideal for those who don't have access to a second vehicle from time to time if need be. Yes it's a small market but it is a profitable market nontheless.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #221
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Pulls better up top eh? So now the Mustang guys are all about roll races all of a sudden? And exactly how long does it take before it passes the Camaro? A mile? LOL!! Ok so the A10 GT is faster than the SS but it takes a mile to beat one. Gotcha
Old 07-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #222
92c4m6

Drives: 2008 Corvette
I promise whatever supposed "up top" advantage the mustang has it some peoples wet dreams will be completely trashed when the a10 hits the SS. The A8 transmission is poorly geared for runs past 120...
92c4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #223
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
There is plenty of room to store sunglasses. I don't carry people in any of my cars. So for me the back seats are extra storage space. And like I said, if you want to travel and store a bunch of stuff then neither of these 2 cars are right for you. Or, like I said, get one and then another car for transporting 60" TVs and shit.

I didn't gloss over it. I just paid it no attention. Traditionally, the Camaro has never been the type of car for loads of space and to pack all your bags and friends for a day at the beach. If all of that is important to you then don't get the car in the first place. I was more than willing to get one despite the lack of space. And most of us on here feel likewise. But any moron will tell you that although these vehicles are perfectly fine as a DD, they are not ideal as an only vehicle. Or at least not ideal for those who don't have access to a second vehicle from time to time if need be. Yes it's a small market but it is a profitable market nontheless.
THIS! THIS! THIS! 1,000 times THIS!
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #224
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
THIS! THIS! THIS! 1,000 times THIS!
Back when I had my New Edge GT and my 5th Gen SS I also had a F150. Then I got rid of the F150 and the GT and I had a S550 GT with my 5th Gen SS and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Then I got rid of those three and now have my ZL1, Hellcat, and a Mercury Mountaineer. So I always kept a vehicle that was capable of towing people and things around. And the only time I use the SUV or truck is when it snows or when I need the storage space. I would never even think about carrying people and things in my cars. Well, there was this time I had 2 chicks in my car but that's a story for a different day.