Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Should the Camaro be available in a colour similar to Black Rose Metallic?
Yes 18 36.00%
No 32 64.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #15
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
I hate that purple color but there are some purples I do like, such as Mopar's Plum Crazy.

And like others, I would much rather see an Orange for the Camaro, preferably this Hugger Orange.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:45 AM   #16
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
If they do purple, it should be a royal purple type color, kind of an equivalent to the way the blue is done on Hyper blue.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #17
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
I hate that purple color but there are some purples I do like, such as Mopar's Plum Crazy.And like others, I would much rather see an Orange for the Camaro, preferably this Hugger Orange.

I agree that is the Only Orange I like and Plum Crazy Is the best Purple I M O
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #18
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
No. Please. Just no. Its an ugly depressing color. To me, the corvette is the car for the older folks, and that purple is an old folks color. lets keep it that way.

The Camaro could use a nice vibrant orange instead. but that's just my opinon.

That being said, if GM decided to make that color available on the Camaro, then so be it. I don't expect many potential buyers will pick them up from the lot in that fugly purple, but if some really want it, then why not make it an optional color to order? I don't expect it to sell much tho.

omg, I just imagined a Camaro with that color and Kalahari interior..
Old 05-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #19
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Sidenote... Its cool to them using the centennial cup wheels from the c6 again.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:09 AM   #20
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
No and I usually like the more unliked colors. It just feels old. Way too dark as well.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #21
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
No. Please. Just no. Its an ugly depressing color. To me, the corvette is the car for the older folks, and that purple is an old folks color. lets keep it that way.

The Camaro could use a nice vibrant orange instead. but that's just my opinon.

That being said, if GM decided to make that color available on the Camaro, then so be it. I don't expect many potential buyers will pick them up from the lot in that fugly purple, but if some really want it, then why not make it an optional color to order? I don't expect it to sell much tho.

omg, I just imagined a Camaro with that color and Kalahari interior..
+1

It would be the same as what happened to the mid and late 90's Impala SS. Black sold like hotcakes, the black cherry (IDK the official name of the color) barely moved. That was a mature persons car and the color sold poorly.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:29 AM   #22
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Even so would it be painted properly, ,, sorry hard too
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #23
KevinTernes

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
They used to have a Purple Metallic on 4th gen Firebirds that was pretty.
It is the only purple I have ever really liked.
See: http://ls1tech.com/forums/image.php?...44&type=sigpic, Owned by "PrplTA01" over on LS1Tech.com

Old 05-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #24
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
As a previous owner of two "purple" cars, I must say you can't judge by photos. The best looking car I've owned (around 10-12 cars in 30+ years) was a 2005 limited edition Black Cherry Mazda RX8. It blows any other color car I've had. I also had for a very brief time a Crimson Black Altima coupe. It looked great on that car as well, but the Mazda was slightly less black. There's no true purple cars out there besides Dodge. These cars tend to have a very deep look to them. If you like white or silver as your first choice, then this is not going to be something for you. Of the Camaro colors now, I like the Hyper Blue for its "relative" scarcity (despite the amount of owners on this forum), but I surprisingly found the Mosaic Black to be tied because up close it gives off different hues. That is what the Black Cherry color did. In short, I vote hell yeah to this Black Rose Metallic. BTW, if you look at the Corvette's Long Beach Red Metallic, you'd see that it's not too far off from the photo posted here. And IMHO, the Vette looks gorgeous in that color.

Edit: I'd should add two things after re-reading the comments. Didn't realize at first you were posting a Vette so yes if that is going to be a color, then yeah! Second, I own an Orange BMW 2-series. I have yet to see one on the road in over two years. Very rare and I'm constantly getting compliments (although I got even more with the Black Cherry Mazda). And I would agree that Orange should be an option for the Camaro. Orange is a funny color to get right though. Some cars it looks incredible. Others, a turn off. Two examples off top of my head. I think the Jag F-type looks great in its Orange. However, the Lexus RC-F, not so much. Should also add that Cadillac had a Black Cherry option for the CTS several years back and that was one car it did NOT look good on. I'm sure there's others.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #25
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
If I was going to pick a deep, luxurious-ish color on the Camaro...I'd want something like Garnet Red...a deep cherry red...gorgeous. Never really been a fan of purple paint on cars...just me, I guess.