Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Nervous Nelly/Tuning Day Today.

Got my baseline back. 554 whp. Matt Sorian is working his magic as we speak. Car only has 200 miles on it, so not sure if that baseline is a good # or not. A10. So, that's about a 17% drive line loss. But, as Matt said, Dyno Jet kills numbers so. The after is all I care about. We'll see.

Mods this round. RotoFab Intake/Corsa Exhaust/Metco 2.3 Pulley/Tune. I have a Tony M throttle body on the way as well. I'm hoping to hit mid 600's.

Matt does use a DynoJet, maybe it's the Mustang dyno. I forgto already. It's the one that destroys peoples hopes as he put it. haha. So he says numbers will be lower, but it's the before/after that counts.

After my wheels come in and I clear some of the wheel gap, Cam/Headers/E85. Then re-tune.

But, for now, after these rounds, I'm going to work on aesthetics. Add some CF ext parts including my wheels. (10-12 week build on my wheels). I have video of the baseline, but that shit is boring. I'm waiting on his data print out.

Last edited by kttxz06; 11-03-2017 at 11:24 AM.
kttxz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Got my baseline back. 554 whp. Matt Sorian is working his magic as we speak. Car only has 200 miles on it, so not sure if that baseline is a good # or not. A10. So, that's about a 17% drive line loss. But, as Matt said, Dyno Jet kills numbers so. The after is all I care about. We'll see.

Mods this round. RotoFab Intake/Corsa Exhaust/Metco 2.3 Pulley/Tune. I have a Tony M throttle body on the way as well. I'm hoping to hit mid 600's.

Matt does use a DynoJet, so he says numbers will be lower, but it's the before/after that counts.

After my wheels come in and I clear some of the wheel gap, Cam/Headers/E85. Then re-tune.

But, for now, after these rounds, I'm going to work on aesthetics. Add some CF ext parts including my wheels. (10-12 week build). I have video of the baseline, but that shit is boring. I'm waiting on his data print out.
550 is about average for baseline stock dyno numbers. The Rotofab, 2.3 Pulley and tune should net about 50-60 WHP. Is the exhaust just axel back? Not sure you will gain anything from the exhaust unless adding headers, x-pipe, cat delete. etc.

Last edited by Sooner Cole; 11-03-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Sooner Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
USP45

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Yeah, my baseline was 552 on a dynojet
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
That's actually a good baseline. Matt may be trying to make you feel better. The DynoJet reads the highest, and I've seen great numbers come off of Matt's dyno. No lower than any others out there.

But besides that, you should be around 600-620 RWHP. Headers would have helped you with more power. The Axle back won't gain you much to anything.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:

Matt does use a DynoJet, I think. It's the one that destroys peoples hopes as he put it. haha. So he says numbers will be lower, but it's the before/after that counts.

But, for now, after these rounds, I'm going to work on aesthetics. Add some CF ext parts including my wheels. (10-12 week build on my wheels). I have video of the baseline, but that shit is boring. I'm waiting on his data print out.

Mustang Dynos are the Dynos that read lower and kill hopes.. Dynojets usually are about 25 rwhp more but none of this really matters.. Its all in the calibration to how accurate they are there's sounds dialed in..

What color and who are you?..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
That's actually a good baseline. Matt may be trying to make you feel better. The DynoJet reads the highest, and I've seen great numbers come off of Matt's dyno. No lower than any others out there.

But besides that, you should be around 600-620 RWHP. Headers would have helped you with more power. The Axle back won't gain you much to anything.
Yea, no headers this first go around. Spent $8600 on the wheels so that hit my performance budget. Hoping the Tony Mamo TB helps a bit when it comes in, then I'll re-tune. I told Tony to go extra aggressive on the TB since I'm gonna re-tune anyways once we install.

Of course, this shit was supposed to be done last week in nice, cold, 50 degree weather. Now it's in the 80's with 90% humidity. I wanted to cheat a little bit. haha.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Mustang Dynos are the Dynos that lower and kill hopes.. Dynojets usually are about 25 rwhp more but none of this really matters.. Its all in the calibration..

Then that's the one he uses. He told me not to worry tho. It's the gains that I should care about most. And honestly, that baseline isn't too bad. When I base lined my Z06 2 years ago at LMR, it baselined at 586 so. It's not that far off.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #8
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

It's all good. It's kind of where I expected anyways. But, as with most of us, was hoping for more.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #9
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
You doing Grandsport autocross Saturday?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #10
kttxz06

Quote:
You doing Grandsport autocross Saturday?
Ha, nah man. I don't race on the track. Only in Mexico.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #11
kttxz06

Anyone want to guess what I put down at the wheels? I'll say I'm somewhat bummed, but...........it is 85 degrees with 100% humidity so. If Matt says he was happy, then I'll be happy. He said the humidity kills forced induction cars. I'm going back to re-tune once I get my Tony Mamo TB in, so that should help and hopefully better air.

I will say this. I have a 780 hp Z06 right now at the wheels, which I've owned for 2 years now so I'm used to it. I have 200 miles on the Zl1, so I'm getting used to the delivery, but Matt made the mid range come on like a fkn power band. The Z06 seems linear. Power all the way. The Zl1 seems to come on towards lower-mid range and just freaking pulls like a monster. The 305's honestly ain't gonna cut it. haha. I can already tell. Gonna need 315's or 335's. I'm not sure if 335's will fit, but if they do, that's where I'm going.

Anyhow, put out 604 hp and 576 torque. Was hoping to hit the 620ish range, but eh. I'll take it. It's a start. the TM TB should get me there with a re-tune and better air for sure.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #12
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Mustang Dynos are the Dynos that read lower and kill hopes.. Dynojets usually are about 25 rwhp more but none of this really matters.. Its all in the calibration to how accurate they are there's sounds dialed in..

^^^This man speaks truth. Mustang dynos “generally” read slightly lower. All dyno require scheduled calibration which effects the number they produce (for better or worse). Not all dyno owners stay on top of having them calibrated.

For comparison, my a10 put down 549 on a recently factory calibrated mustang load dyno.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #13
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
^^^This man speaks truth. Mustang dynos “generally” read slightly lower. All dyno require scheduled calibration which effects the number they produce (for better or worse). Not all dyno owners stay on top of having them calibrated.

For comparison, my a10 put down 549 on a recently factory calibrated mustang load dyno.
No, I get it. Matt went and educated me on the difference and even tho people don't like the #'s Mustangs put out, they are closest to real world #'s so to speak cus the pulls are under load. He said, if you were on a DynoJet, you would of got around 640ish, but it wouldn't of been a real #. I got on it a little bit, but it's a tad bit soupy and foggy out, so I didn't really hammer it hard, but I can def tell a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference so. So, it's a good start. Not bad i guess for what, $3K? First set of mods. Now, wait for the TB, my wheels(which will be carbon, can't wait). I guess I'll do headers when I do the TB.

There is also a noticeable difference between the A8 and A10.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #14
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
No, I get it. Matt went and educated me on the difference and even tho people don't like the #'s Mustangs put out, they are closest to real world #'s so to speak cus the pulls are under load. He said, if you were on a DynoJet, you would of got around 640ish, but it wouldn't of been a real #. I got on it a little bit, but it's a tad bit soupy and foggy out, so I didn't really hammer it hard, but I can def tell a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference so. So, it's a good start. Not bad i guess for what, $3K? First set of mods. Now, wait for the TB, my wheels(which will be carbon, can't wait). I guess I'll do headers when I do the TB.

There is also a noticeable difference between the A8 and A10.
That’s awesome man. Yea some videos of dynojet pulls crack me up, especially high HP cars (1000+whp). They are over and done in like 1-2 seconds. That’s NOT how the car will operate under real world load/traction lol.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote